"The Georgia Crew" This is the home of "The Georgia Crew," a place to hang out and have fun!

Ted and Dots, Moms and Pops Brunswick

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 10:11 AM
Amish gone bad
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ted and Dots, Moms and Pops Brunswick

Not sure if this is the right place or not so if the mods want, my knuckles are ready for rapping.

I alluded to a place in Georgia in a couple threads (Georgia shops and American Pickers) so I decided to dig out the shirt and get the address. It's Ted and Dots in Brunswick Georgia. If you are ever within 50 miles make it a stop. About a year and a half back I spotted this little sign about "Harley parts" and made a hard u-turn to get there. Looking at the front and being a Yankee I started hearing banjos in my head and kids with shaved heads playing them. But on opening the door I found something that was a cross between a museum and an old-school dealership.

Ted himself led me around and showed me the lay of the land; beards of a feather flock together. Part is set up like a diner, part like a showroom - some is display and some is just merchandise. Lots of good leather and the dude can make you any part you need. My 30 minute stop turned into six hours and got me the one-of-a-kind kickstand I always wanted for my 66. He made it right there and then from my description and only charged me 50 bucks for it. I took a shine to a 1958 he had on display and he said "If the price was right ----------" I got him to the point he almost said yes but couldn't quite close the deal.

Don't know how locals feel about him but I loved it. Unlike Bill's they don't have a website that I know of but there are some pictures in various Photobucket and other dump sites. Search on both names to find them.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:21 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sweet!! This is just a short day ride for me from Ocala. I am going to have to check it out!! Thank you.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:38 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like a cool place to check out!!!! I KNOW Wade will be checking them out.

Hey Amish; no problem from this Mod. Cheers buddy!

Old 12-22-2011, 11:54 PM
Amish gone bad
Tourer

Originally Posted by PoorBoy
Sounds like a cool place to check out!!!! I KNOW Wade will be checking them out.

Hey Amish; no problem from this Mod. Cheers buddy!
Thanks! This being more a destination/tour type thing than "gee these folks were real nice to me" I figured it could stand its own thread rather than be buried in another thread. But I'm still learning the curves around these parts and don't want to drag my floorboards if I can help it.

I got hopes of making it back down that way this summer. I really didn't get a chance to see everything and he struck me as the kind who keeps adding and changing. There aren't too many places I come across that really make an impression on me anymore but this was one that sure did.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:20 AM
DHubbs
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Amish gone bad
Not sure if this is the right place or not so if the mods want, my knuckles are ready for rapping.

I alluded to a place in Georgia in a couple threads (Georgia shops and American Pickers) so I decided to dig out the shirt and get the address. It's Ted and Dots in Brunswick Georgia. If you are ever within 50 miles make it a stop. About a year and a half back I spotted this little sign about "Harley parts" and made a hard u-turn to get there. Looking at the front and being a Yankee I started hearing banjos in my head and kids with shaved heads playing them. But on opening the door I found something that was a cross between a museum and an old-school dealership.

Ted himself led me around and showed me the lay of the land; beards of a feather flock together. Part is set up like a diner, part like a showroom - some is display and some is just merchandise. Lots of good leather and the dude can make you any part you need. My 30 minute stop turned into six hours and got me the one-of-a-kind kickstand I always wanted for my 66. He made it right there and then from my description and only charged me 50 bucks for it. I took a shine to a 1958 he had on display and he said "If the price was right ----------" I got him to the point he almost said yes but couldn't quite close the deal.

Don't know how locals feel about him but I loved it. Unlike Bill's they don't have a website that I know of but there are some pictures in various Photobucket and other dump sites. Search on both names to find them.
Thanks for that info Amish! I have not heard of that place but will definitely put it on my bucket list for when I get down that way!

Old 12-23-2011, 02:44 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Amish gone bad

I got hopes of making it back down that way this summer. I really didn't get a chance to see everything and he struck me as the kind who keeps adding and changing. There aren't too many places I come across that really make an impression on me anymore but this was one that sure did.
Wanted to go there today but it was raining and nasty looking up that way, but now you really have me itching to go. I am off the next couple of weeks, gonna shoot for Tuesday. I will take plenty of pics. Amish, next timer you head down that way let me know and I will meet up with you in the area, lunch on me!

Old 12-27-2011, 05:24 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member

Jay, Randy, and myself are heading here tomorrow.

Old 12-29-2011, 05:48 AM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member

Went here yesterday. 38 when we started out, but warmed up to every bit of 55. Me, Jay, and Randy. Great day of riding. Here is a link to the pics on FB. Should be viewable to everyone. Hit me up while there if we are not friends on there. I have a ton of other pics on there.......

This is absolutely a must-see if you are even remotely close!!!

Old 12-29-2011, 08:09 AM
Hooker 6
Tourer

Originally Posted by Sefferdog
Went here yesterday. 38 when we started out, but warmed up to every bit of 55. Me, Jay, and Randy. Great day of riding. Here is a link to the pics on FB. Should be viewable to everyone. Hit me up while there if we are not friends on there. I have a ton of other pics on there.......

This is absolutely a must-see if you are even remotely close!!!
Great photos. I was there yesterday as well. Spent over an hour there just looking at the variety of stuff. Fascinating. Worth a trip.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:28 AM
Amish gone bad
Tourer

Just did the friend thing. Terrific shots and my thanks! The outside is really cleaned up tons since I was there but the inside is much as I remember. By any chance did you find out of Ted is still with us? We're at that age where -----------

Quick Reply: Ted and Dots, Moms and Pops Brunswick