"The Georgia Crew" This is the home of "The Georgia Crew," a place to hang out and have fun!

Today's report

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 06:53 PM
horseplay
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Today's report

For once , Ken was on time, I was so proud of him!!!! Had a few new faces join us today, Chuck who is new on here and his user name escapes me! My friend from work, Jim and his wife Amy also joined us as well. We are slowly growing this crew thing for sure! Jim and Amy will ride with us alot in the summer months, especially since he and I have the same Saturday schedule. It was nice to meet Ben as well today.

We had a quick breakfast at the Waffle House then we headed to Macedonia Harley Mecca, the Kroger parking lot in Macedonia. I woke up around 8:30 to the sounds of Harley's passing my neighborhood, we rolled into the parking lot around noon and it was packed and the line formed ALL the way across the parking lot. There was all kinds of bikes, people and Christmas, yes I said it CHRISTMAS spirit in the air.

1pm we rolled out of the parking lot, headed to Canton, some dumb cagers got at least 50-60 bikes cut off from the main pack but we found our way to the 1st stop which was jam packed in the backwoods of Canton. We hung out for a little while then proceeded up a Police shutdown 575, which was really cool. This event has been going strong for the past 31 years, it was amazing to see the people on the overpasses waving, had signs held, people on the side of the road and all that jazz. I will touch more on this in a moment.

We made it to Jasper a little while later, this was a better venue to bike watch as well. The toys were piled up like you would not believe, heard some 1100 kids got 5 toys a piece in Pickens County alone off of this toyrun alone. There was some bikes that were loaded down with toys, it was just heart warming to say the least.

Now I will touch on the community, man there were people young and old waving to us, honking the horns, in Cherokee and Pickens Countys, they have known this event for 31 years that Greg Hartman has put this on. This year is a little different though as Hartman had to buy insurance and buy a parade permit for an event that he is solely responsible for, a CHARITY event. I heard rumors that this might be his last year of the Toy Run, followed by this might be the last year of the Toy Run in Cherokee County. Pickens welcomes us in open arms with no money being exchanged. I for one will write a nice open letter to the Cherokee County Tribune and call these commissioner out on the carpet for what they are doing and I wish everyone else would do the same.

Here's a link to the pics Dawn took today!

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjxa7Xxa

Old 12-04-2011, 07:26 PM
NorthGeorgiaButterfly
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome pics! Dawn is our photo genius!

Originally Posted by horseplay
For once , Ken was on time, I was so proud of him!!!! Had a few new faces join us today, Chuck who is new on here and his user name escapes me! My friend from work, Jim and his wife Amy also joined us as well. We are slowly growing this crew thing for sure! Jim and Amy will ride with us alot in the summer months, especially since he and I have the same Saturday schedule. It was nice to meet Ben as well today.

We had a quick breakfast at the Waffle House then we headed to Macedonia Harley Mecca, the Kroger parking lot in Macedonia. I woke up around 8:30 to the sounds of Harley's passing my neighborhood, we rolled into the parking lot around noon and it was packed and the line formed ALL the way across the parking lot. There was all kinds of bikes, people and Christmas, yes I said it CHRISTMAS spirit in the air.

1pm we rolled out of the parking lot, headed to Canton, some dumb cagers got at least 50-60 bikes cut off from the main pack but we found our way to the 1st stop which was jam packed in the backwoods of Canton. We hung out for a little while then proceeded up a Police shutdown 575, which was really cool. This event has been going strong for the past 31 years, it was amazing to see the people on the overpasses waving, had signs held, people on the side of the road and all that jazz. I will touch more on this in a moment.

We made it to Jasper a little while later, this was a better venue to bike watch as well. The toys were piled up like you would not believe, heard some 1100 kids got 5 toys a piece in Pickens County alone off of this toyrun alone. There was some bikes that were loaded down with toys, it was just heart warming to say the least.

Now I will touch on the community, man there were people young and old waving to us, honking the horns, in Cherokee and Pickens Countys, they have known this event for 31 years that Greg Hartman has put this on. This year is a little different though as Hartman had to buy insurance and buy a parade permit for an event that he is solely responsible for, a CHARITY event. I heard rumors that this might be his last year of the Toy Run, followed by this might be the last year of the Toy Run in Cherokee County. Pickens welcomes us in open arms with no money being exchanged. I for one will write a nice open letter to the Cherokee County Tribune and call these commissioner out on the carpet for what they are doing and I wish everyone else would do the same.

Here's a link to the pics Dawn took today!

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjxa7Xxa

Old 12-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Michael HD Rider
Road Warrior

Great ride! Bummed to hear it could be the last one. Great pics Dawn!

Can't wait to see NGB's new trike. hehe

Old 12-04-2011, 07:39 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

We had a GREAT time on the ride today. Seeing the LOOOOONG lines of bikes ahead of us on 575 was awesome!

Here's my choice for Pic O' The Day... that's something you don't see every day!

Old 12-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Beav
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

Glad to hear you guys had a great time.

Wonderful cause... Hope Cherokee Co. pull their heads outta their butts. Don't know the specifics, but once again... it don't sound good fer the local gooberment.

Nice pics Dawn!!

Good on you guys!!

Old 12-04-2011, 07:53 PM
horseplay
Road Master

I'm in total agreeance with ya there!

Originally Posted by NorthGeorgiaHawg
We had a GREAT time on the ride today. Seeing the LOOOOONG lines of bikes ahead of us on 575 was awesome!

Here's my choice for Pic O' The Day... that's something you don't see every day!

Old 12-04-2011, 08:39 PM
blueyz0416
Now with God. Love you baby... -Wiz

Cool pictures, thanks for sharing! Sorry to have missed. Have to agree with the antler dude,,,lol! Saw a picture of my friend Judi getting goosed by Santa at the 1st stop What's this about a trike for NGB?

Old 12-04-2011, 08:51 PM
horseplay
Road Master

Originally Posted by blueyz0416
Cool pictures, thanks for sharing! Sorry to have missed. Have to agree with the antler dude,,,lol! Saw a picture of my friend Judi getting goosed by Santa at the 1st stop What's this about a trike for NGB?
A woman pulled in the parking lot today on one and Mary has had this twinkle in her eye ever since! Santa is coming to town

Old 12-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Michael HD Rider
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by horseplay
A woman pulled in the parking lot today on one and Mary has had this twinkle in her eye ever since! Santa is coming to town
Twinkle?!! It was love a first sight. I bet she's already shopping for some bling for it.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Michael HD Rider
Road Warrior

And I did notice KC has two in stock. Just sayin'.

Quick Reply: Today's report