"The Georgia Crew" This is the home of "The Georgia Crew," a place to hang out and have fun!

Angel City 2012

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 10:23 AM
Bob Flaige
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Angel City 2012

Has anyone made plans for the Spring 2012 Angel City gig? Trying to get a group froom Florida up there.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:28 AM
DHubbs
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have not heard of it, thanks for putting it out there, will do some research on the Angle City bike rally & see what I can come up with.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:36 AM
DHubbs
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow! Lots on the net about this rally!! Looks like the folks are having a blast there! Looks like a big event & would be fun to do!

Old 11-21-2011, 01:12 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Angel City is a blast! We went there a couple of years ago... maybe 3... and had a good time - even though it rained a LOT that weekend, including all night the last night, and during the entire ride back home... but we didn't even care! Hopefully the weather will be better for this one.

I haven't looked at the 2012 Spring Rally yet, but would be interested in a group ride. The whole thing is on private land in Unadilla (easy ride from the Atlanta area), and is 21-over only... so you can ride the grounds with no helmet if you want, liquor is sold by the drink, and it's quite a bit less inhibited than most other rallies we've been to...

Lots of people camp out there on the grounds in tents, RVs, etc. They also have live entertainment - the Confederate Railroad played when we were there - and there is lot of stuff going on the entire time. Lots of vendors selling all manner of biker stuff, too!

Old 11-21-2011, 05:53 PM
NorthGeorgiaButterfly
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Angel City

Angel City is a lot of fun but next time we go, we're renting a travel trailer. No more tents for me! I'll bring the trailer and Ken can ride the bike. We can make the campsite "ground zero" for all the girls that want a clean bathroom and warm bed! (You tough boys can sleep outside)

Originally Posted by NorthGeorgiaHawg
Angel City is a blast! We went there a couple of years ago... maybe 3... and had a good time - even though it rained a LOT that weekend, including all night the last night, and during the entire ride back home... but we didn't even care! Hopefully the weather will be better for this one.

I haven't looked at the 2012 Spring Rally yet, but would be interested in a group ride. The whole thing is on private land in Unadilla (easy ride from the Atlanta area), and is 21-over only... so you can ride the grounds with no helmet if you want, liquor is sold by the drink, and it's quite a bit less inhibited than most other rallies we've been to...

Lots of people camp out there on the grounds in tents, RVs, etc. They also have live entertainment - the Confederate Railroad played when we were there - and there is lot of stuff going on the entire time. Lots of vendors selling all manner of biker stuff, too!

Old 11-21-2011, 06:12 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthGeorgiaButterfly
Angel City is a lot of fun but next time we go, we're renting a travel trailer. No more tents for me! I'll bring the trailer and Ken can ride the bike. We can make the campsite "ground zero" for all the girls that want a clean bathroom and warm bed! (You tough boys can sleep outside)
I heartily concur about the travel trailer, NGB! However, at this time I hereby disqualify myself from the "Tough Boys Club", and will quite happily sleep in the trailer with you. These bones are way too old for anything less than a full innerspring mattress!

Old 11-21-2011, 06:18 PM
horseplay
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthGeorgiaHawg
I heartily concur about the travel trailer, NGB! However, at this time I hereby disqualify myself from the "Tough Boys Club", and will quite happily sleep in the trailer with you. These bones are way too old for anything less than a full innerspring mattress!
Man that wife of yours has some good ideas! I'd be interested in this rally if I am off work that weekend. The travel trailer is a wonderful idea for sure! If there is room I'd rent us a spot in it! I can sleep about anywhere with enough liqour in me!

I have been toying with the idea of getting a travel trailer or toy hauler soon, would be cool for events like this!