"The Georgia Crew" This is the home of "The Georgia Crew," a place to hang out and have fun!

Ride Report 11-20-11

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011 | 05:54 PM
horseplay
|
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ride Report 11-20-11

This is THE official " I am the weatherperson whom hates bikers so I tricked them into riding" ride report

So all week we have been watching the weather, Sunday was "THE DAY" I kept hearing it from sports people to people at the Harley shop yesterday and YES I believed it myself. That was until about 7:40 this morning when I awoke and looked out the window to see the street was wet. I slowly came to life thinking the weatherman said rain "tomorrow" night, party sunny and 68 for a high, I last checked this around midnight before going to bed! So I hopped online to check the weather, it said the same thing so I thought hey this drizzle and fog will burn off in the hours until its time to ride. So I went to the store, bought supplies for the week, came home and put on some chili in the crock pot and looked at the weather. Now there is talk or drizzle and light rain until noonish, looked at the radar, DRY.

A buddy of mine and his wife showed up at my house right one time and we headed to Appalachian biker gear just north of Cumming. Michael was already there when we got there, couple of quick introductions and the ladies are shopping, Las Vegas Carpenter shows up right on time and Mrs. Carpenter was on the back of that blingmachine with the love hammock installed, damn it looks awesome for the BSR. Meanwhile my Harleybelle is inside looking for some chaps and a jacket, we ended up finding a jacket she liked so Santa Claus came early for her twice in 1 week, hell its not even Turkey day yet . Now for my advertising, before you order apparel online go check out Jerry's place, he is a local guy and biker trying to help himself and all of us bikers out. He has a good location but its a slow time of year for him, he has some damn good pricing and can order about anything you would like.

Finally its time to burn gas, I was craving a heart attack special from the Varsity, low and behold just this summer they built a Varsity in Dawsonville so we head there. While going inside Mary announces that she is a Varsity virgin, Ken really needs to introduce her to Atlanta some more, he didn't even know she hadn't been there. We sit down and chow down, Mary is telling us that someone can have some of her onion rings because "There is just no way I can eat all this food!!!" A few minutes later I look over and there is no food on her tray!!! Musta been pretty good huh?

We finally decided to cut the trip down some because the weather just sucks. Its the low 50's the roads are wet and its still misting out. We cut some backroads to Dahlonega up hwy 9 then just decided to run 60 to Blue Ridge, this was the best decision we could have made today. For once Las Vegas took it pretty dang easy on us stragglers! Going up the mountain on 60 the weather deteriorated worse by the mile, heavy fog, roads soaked and just kind of eerie out today. We stopped at the top to wipe down, the ladies could not wait to try out the 5 star toilets there and us guys shot the breeze. We head down the mountain and it was like someone turned off the light switch on the weather, all of the sudden the fog lifted and the roads were dry I even saw a ray of sunshine for a brief moment. We made our way thru Blue Ridge stopping for the ladies with the small bladders (cough cough) to our south it was just dark and rainy looking. Dawn put on some raingear pants, I use my goggles for the 1st time and we headed south, it was pretty nasty until about Ellijay then presto it was dry again.

Roght south of Jasper here came the rain again and it was bad, then I look over and a damn car cut right into Michael and my buddy, he got a nice salute from me, damn idiots in the rain.....we made our way back to the house and had a great bowl of chili and started a nice warm fire.

Even though the weather just sucked we rode. I told Dawn that a bad weather day of riding sometimes beats a day of no riding at all. Michael it was nice to have met you, sorry we didn't talk much, Dawn says I am very shy. This group is a blast to ride with, sometimes stopping and shooting the breeze can be funner than riding at times!

I cannot wait to ride again soon and may the weatherpeople kiss my *** in the future!!!

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!

Old 11-20-2011 | 06:17 PM
dyna105
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Glad to hear you guys had a great ride today!
You should have came on up the hill a little farther. Has been a great day here, cloudy mostly but with some sun ALL DAY. Nice riding, even some of them crew members with the heated gear could have rode today without the heater...hahaha

Old 11-20-2011 | 06:23 PM
DHubbs
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice write up Johnny. Glad y'all was able to get out & get some ridding in. I thought about y'all, hoping y'all was being safe. I was a couch tater today, watched a few football games & relaxed. Take Care!

Old 11-20-2011 | 06:29 PM
horseplay
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by dyna105
Glad to hear you guys had a great ride today!
You should have came on up the hill a little farther. Has been a great day here, cloudy mostly but with some sun ALL DAY. Nice riding, even some of them crew members with the heated gear could have rode today without the heater...hahaha
I would hang myself with heated gear!! Too many cords and such!

Old 11-20-2011 | 06:30 PM
horseplay
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by DHubbs
Nice write up Johnny. Glad y'all was able to get out & get some ridding in. I thought about y'all, hoping y'all was being safe. I was a couch tater today, watched a few football games & relaxed. Take Care!
Thats what Saturdays are for Hubbs, I don't care at all bout Sunday and Monday football!

Old 11-20-2011 | 06:33 PM
Michael HD Rider
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great write up! That pretty much covers it. Even though the weather was crappy, it was still nice to get out and ride. Great to met some new people and hear all the stories! And I got to sit on the bling machine. Niiiiiice ride!

That guy cutting me off wasn't cool at all. I didn't understand that move.

Old 11-20-2011 | 06:34 PM
NorthGeorgiaButterfly
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Awesome write up!

Had a great time guys! Varsity chili dogs are the best! Even though the weather was a little testy at times, it was all good. There is nothing like being around wonderful people and positive attitudes. Can't wait to show my appreciation on Friday!

Originally Posted by horseplay

This is THE official " I am the weatherperson whom hates bikers so I tricked them into riding" ride report

So all week we have been watching the weather, Sunday was "THE DAY" I kept hearing it from sports people to people at the Harley shop yesterday and YES I believed it myself. That was until about 7:40 this morning when I awoke and looked out the window to see the street was wet. I slowly came to life thinking the weatherman said rain "tomorrow" night, party sunny and 68 for a high, I last checked this around midnight before going to bed! So I hopped online to check the weather, it said the same thing so I thought hey this drizzle and fog will burn off in the hours until its time to ride. So I went to the store, bought supplies for the week, came home and put on some chili in the crock pot and looked at the weather. Now there is talk or drizzle and light rain until noonish, looked at the radar, DRY.

A buddy of mine and his wife showed up at my house right one time and we headed to Appalachian biker gear just north of Cumming. Michael was already there when we got there, couple of quick introductions and the ladies are shopping, Las Vegas Carpenter shows up right on time and Mrs. Carpenter was on the back of that blingmachine with the love hammock installed, damn it looks awesome for the BSR. Meanwhile my Harleybelle is inside looking for some chaps and a jacket, we ended up finding a jacket she liked so Santa Claus came early for her twice in 1 week, hell its not even Turkey day yet . Now for my advertising, before you order apparel online go check out Jerry's place, he is a local guy and biker trying to help himself and all of us bikers out. He has a good location but its a slow time of year for him, he has some damn good pricing and can order about anything you would like.

Finally its time to burn gas, I was craving a heart attack special from the Varsity, low and behold just this summer they built a Varsity in Dawsonville so we head there. While going inside Mary announces that she is a Varsity virgin, Ken really needs to introduce her to Atlanta some more, he didn't even know she hadn't been there. We sit down and chow down, Mary is telling us that someone can have some of her onion rings because "There is just no way I can eat all this food!!!" A few minutes later I look over and there is no food on her tray!!! Musta been pretty good huh?

We finally decided to cut the trip down some because the weather just sucks. Its the low 50's the roads are wet and its still misting out. We cut some backroads to Dahlonega up hwy 9 then just decided to run 60 to Blue Ridge, this was the best decision we could have made today. For once Las Vegas took it pretty dang easy on us stragglers! Going up the mountain on 60 the weather deteriorated worse by the mile, heavy fog, roads soaked and just kind of eerie out today. We stopped at the top to wipe down, the ladies could not wait to try out the 5 star toilets there and us guys shot the breeze. We head down the mountain and it was like someone turned off the light switch on the weather, all of the sudden the fog lifted and the roads were dry I even saw a ray of sunshine for a brief moment. We made our way thru Blue Ridge stopping for the ladies with the small bladders (cough cough) to our south it was just dark and rainy looking. Dawn put on some raingear pants, I use my goggles for the 1st time and we headed south, it was pretty nasty until about Ellijay then presto it was dry again.

Roght south of Jasper here came the rain again and it was bad, then I look over and a damn car cut right into Michael and my buddy, he got a nice salute from me, damn idiots in the rain.....we made our way back to the house and had a great bowl of chili and started a nice warm fire.

Even though the weather just sucked we rode. I told Dawn that a bad weather day of riding sometimes beats a day of no riding at all. Michael it was nice to have met you, sorry we didn't talk much, Dawn says I am very shy. This group is a blast to ride with, sometimes stopping and shooting the breeze can be funner than riding at times!

I cannot wait to ride again soon and may the weatherpeople kiss my *** in the future!!!

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!

Old 11-20-2011 | 06:40 PM
horseplay
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Michael HD Rider
Great write up! That pretty much covers it. Even though the weather was crappy, it was still nice to get out and ride. Great to met some new people and hear all the stories! And I got to sit on the bling machine. Niiiiiice ride!

That guy cutting me off wasn't cool at all. I didn't understand that move.
Every time we ride I tell Ken I need to sit on Las Vegas, he tells me fine, then I never do it!! I might as well just buy the 575's and quit talking bout sitting on the bling machine!

When we got to the last red light the moron that cut you and Chris off would not even look at me, I said a few nice words to him!

Old 11-20-2011 | 06:42 PM
horseplay
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by NorthGeorgiaButterfly
Had a great time guys! Varsity chili dogs are the best! Even though the weather was a little testy at times, it was all good. There is nothing like being around wonderful people and positive attitudes. Can't wait to show my appreciation on Friday!
Mary, glad you enjoyed the chili dogs. I have been eating them for 36 years and nowhere in the world have I found one as good. I love reading on forums when people mention the Varsity they either love it or hate it, funny in person I have never met someone that said it was bad! Try a frosted orange next time to complete your Varsity experience! We's ready for Friday!

Old 11-20-2011 | 06:45 PM
Beav
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Glad you guys got out today for a bit! Didn't know they had a Varsity in Dawsonville, I'll hafta compair it with the downtown joint. They screamin' "Whadaya have?" there too?

Yep, the weather wasn't the greatest south of ya either. Not really drizzlin' but streets / interstate were wet all the way down to / through Atl. Lot's o' traffic also...

Congrats to Harleybelle on her OWN jacket!!!

Beav

Quick Reply: Ride Report 11-20-11