"The Georgia Crew" This is the home of "The Georgia Crew," a place to hang out and have fun!

"Kid" Ride on Oct 29

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 06:41 PM
horseplay
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dang Beav, you never been up and over Ft Mountain on 136? Its a pretty ride for sure and close by. We usually take 140 to 411 up to Chatsworth then head 136 towards Ellijay. Can always come back down Carters Lake as well.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:19 PM
b1rider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got this ride announcement from Killer Creek Hog. It's a ride over to Athens for a Chili Cook-off. That's a lot of straight roads and some of Hwy 316. There are beautiful roads all around Monroe, Watkinsville and down to Social Circle but that's a different route and a real long day. Going to Athens would be a long day too. Hwy 20 to 316 to 78. The cook-off would be fun though.

I don't care, just another suggestion. I can take us up north of White, north of Adairsville to Mentone, AL, or we could go to Little River Canyon. I would stay away from the popular leaf spots myself, I hate stop and go traffic. OH heck, let's just stay home.......................NOT ha ha.

North of White is pretty for a ways but will play out putting us back on 411 just north of where 136 meets 411 at Carter's Lake. It's not bad and it's not too far. Can you tell I'm a Libra....drives my wife crazy.

Hey everyone,
We have been invited, by the Athens H.O.G. Chapter, to come hang out and sample some of the finest chili in the state of GA. They are hosting a chili cookoff this Saturday, from 10am til 2pm, at Cycle Gear in Bogart, GA. I am going to lead a ride from Killer Creek Harley, leaving at 9am, to Cycle Gear of Athens.
If you have the capability of carrying a batch of chili, and want to participate in the cookoff, feel free. Chili can be cooked at home and transported to the event. This is merely a social event. Tasting of the chili runs $5/person, and you get to sample all the available batches. I will be taking a batch, and would love to see at least one more batch come from our chapter.
The route of choice will be simple. When we leave Killer Creek, we will head north to Old Milton Parkway, and turn right. From there, we will travel to I-85, and head North for a short period, til we reach Highway 316. We will take 316 toward Athens, about 35 miles or so, until we reach US-78. At that point, we are just about there. Ride time should be approximately 1hour and 20 minutes. Please let me know if you can or plan on making it. We would love to see you ALL out for the ride.
This is a great opportunity to mingle with numerous people from surrounding Chapters. I know that there will be people from SC Chapters as well. It's gonna be a great time!

Old 10-25-2011, 07:31 PM
Michael HD Rider
Road Warrior

They'll be going right past my place. I'm about 2 miles from Hwy20/316.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:42 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default UPDATED WITH TWO ROUTES. OK... how about this route???

What does everyone think about these routes?

I haven't mapped out stops yet... just wanted to get this out here for consideration. Need to find a gas station with a working restroom for Beav every 25 miles!

10 AM KSU is OK with me... But if the group would like 11 AM KSU that's fine, too.

Here's Route #1. Google says it is 3 hours, 31 minutes.

And here's Route #2. This one keeps us off of boring roads more. Google says it is 3 hours, 45 minutes.

Last edited by NorthGeorgiaHawg; 10-25-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:50 PM
horseplay
Road Master

There are plenty of places for Beav and my wife to stop and drain their bladders along that route! Too bad I don't know any good eating joints out that way though.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:01 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member

Originally Posted by horseplay
There are plenty of places for Beav and my wife to stop and drain their bladders along that route! Too bad I don't know any good eating joints out that way though.
Hey John... I'm sure there will be PLENTY of room for you to sleep in our new DOGHOUSE after saying that! Or would you prefer the one at your place???

Old 10-25-2011, 09:03 PM
horseplay
Road Master

Originally Posted by NorthGeorgiaHawg
Hey John... I'm sure there will be PLENTY of room for you to sleep in our new DOGHOUSE after saying that! Or would you prefer the one at your place???
Why thanks for pinking and bolding that my friend. So what do you and Mary feed dogs at your house? Deciding factor here, is there room in the garage for my bike?

Old 10-25-2011, 09:06 PM
horseplay
Road Master

I say route 2, cause there is nothing between Lafayette and Sumerville except bad memories of my 1st days ride on my new Hawg in the RAIN!!! with no rain gear

Old 10-25-2011, 09:08 PM
Michael HD Rider
Road Warrior

#2 looks cool.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:42 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member

Originally Posted by horseplay
Why thanks for pinking and bolding that my friend. So what do you and Mary feed dogs at your house? Deciding factor here, is there room in the garage for my bike?
Just didn't want HarleyBelle to miss it, John!!!!

So what do you and Mary feed dogs at your house? Beneful Healthy Weight And Charro is fat as a COW eating only THAT stuff...

Is there room in the garage for my bike? Perhaps... if we got rid of the TWO lawnmowers we never use anyway...

Quick Reply: "Kid" Ride on Oct 29