"The Georgia Crew" This is the home of "The Georgia Crew," a place to hang out and have fun!

Riders Course

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 05:47 PM
Michael HD Rider
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riders Course

I've decided to take a riders course this Saturday at Fraizers. It's the one day 8 hr course, which will in turn allow me to get my license. I've always had permits, never a license.

I've had 2 other bikes, but not one this big. In the short time I've had this one, I'm getting more and more confident in my riding. I am really looking forward to what this class will teach me. I'm constantly evaluating my riding and know where I need to improve my skills. I think riding in groups has really helped me. I do a lot of watching and learning. So for that, I thank you all. I love riding and hope we have a mild winter so we can all ride a lot more!

Old 10-17-2011, 06:01 PM
DHubbs
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I thought you rode great! I wish beav would join ya, maybe ya'll could get a discount!!!LMAO,, joking my friend!

Old 10-17-2011, 06:05 PM
horseplay
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is a great course to take, I took it back in June (was too damn hot) on my Honda to get my license as well. It was a days worth of low speed riding which is where I was struggling. Doing the course on the Honda really helped me because you actually had to ride/manhandle that bike. Once I got on the Harley its been so easy and I am constantly becoming a better rider, most of that is because I ride 2 up so often as well.

My wife will soon be taking the beginning riders course and I hope to have her on a bike by March if she wants!

Old 10-17-2011, 06:10 PM
DHubbs
Road Warrior

I wish Dona had interest in doing that. Back seat is too comfy I guess!

Old 10-17-2011, 06:12 PM
horseplay
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DHubbs
I wish Dona had interest in doing that. Back seat is too comfy I guess!
I wanted Dawn to take the course whether she wanted to ride her own bike or not. I personally feel its important for a passenger to know what to expect when riding and be alert like the driver!
Send her to the class, you may be surprised!

Old 10-17-2011, 06:12 PM
Michael HD Rider
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by DHubbs
I thought you rode great!
Thanks. I guess I'm doing something right! LOL

Old 10-17-2011, 07:12 PM
Beav
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation

Shoot yea!!!! Think that everyone should be made to do it!!!

YEZ HUBBS.... I took it!!!

They really teach you the very basic fundamentals. Watched the "Ride like a Pro" guys/gals in Hellen while out on a ride. So impressed that I bought the video. REALLY wanna take their coarse!!!! The guys somewhere near Stone Mnt. Said if you take the coarse... you can come back and "fill in" if there are any openings for a year!!!! Think that's awesome.

BTW.... when they issue that card of completion, DO NOT LOOSE IT!!!! They will not replace it!

Ya get 20% off insurance w/ that card!! Pays for itself!!

Beav

Old 10-17-2011, 08:01 PM
blueyz0416
Now with God. Love you baby... -Wiz

Originally Posted by horseplay
This is a great course to take, I took it back in June (was too damn hot) on my Honda to get my license as well. It was a days worth of low speed riding which is where I was struggling. Doing the course on the Honda really helped me because you actually had to ride/manhandle that bike. Once I got on the Harley its been so easy and I am constantly becoming a better rider, most of that is because I ride 2 up so often as well.

My wife will soon be taking the beginning riders course and I hope to have her on a bike by March if she wants!
YAY, good for her! I got my bike and took the MSF class in the same month. She's going to love it!

Old 10-17-2011, 09:30 PM
Royal271
Cruiser

I really want to take the Ride Like a Pro class... I have the video, need to actually DO more of the exercises, but it was definitely worth the money, especially for a beginner like me.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:48 AM
DHubbs
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Royal271
I really want to take the Ride Like a Pro class... I have the video, need to actually DO more of the exercises, but it was definitely worth the money, especially for a beginner like me.
I have heard alot about that class, seems like a good deal. One of my buddies took it & he really does ride like a pro! He is young & not skeered of dieing though. imo,, Saw pics of him on his Road King on the the dragon with fire flying off his exhaust, not sure I want to be that confident.

Quick Reply: Riders Course