"The Georgia Crew" This is the home of "The Georgia Crew," a place to hang out and have fun!

GA HOG Rally

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 06:32 PM
StonerGlide
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GA HOG Rally

Most are probably aware of it already but teh GA State HOG rally is next weekend up in Hiawassee 9/8~9/10.
Whole new crew of folks are making arrangements for this meet and it looks to be a good time.
Wife and I are headed up on Wednesday night if it don't pour down rain or Thusday morning if it does.
Anyone interested in heading up with us give me a shout!

Paul, not sure if I can post this but web site is http://gastatehogrally.com/

Better to ask forgiveness than permission, right

Old 09-03-2011, 09:33 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

What a great area to have it in. We can't make it as we will be in Colorado the following weekend so will be using that weekend to get everything situated at the farm before heading out.

Old 09-04-2011, 05:58 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Um....... maybe a day trip up to see what's going on. Certainly a wonderful area!

Old 09-04-2011, 07:33 AM
StonerGlide
Road Master

Penny and I are staying at the HI Express if you make it up.

Saturday night Confederate Railroad is playing at the Fairgrounds for HOG members and most of the planned activities are for registered members, on site sign-up is available I think.
They got shuttles to the main events which means the mason jar can make the trip

Old 09-04-2011, 02:52 PM
horseplay
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We are planning on getting up early next Sat morning and riding to the Dillard House for breakfast. We thought about swinging in the HOG rally to check it out, need to be home at a decent time as I'm taking the wife to see Travis Tritt that night for her birthday present.

Old 09-04-2011, 03:08 PM
StonerGlide
Road Master

Vendor village is going to be at the N GA Fairgrounds but I don't really expect that much out of it. They are having "local" stuff to do but the riding during the day and the parties at night is where most of the action should be.
Planned rides like up to the dragon and Wayah Road, either self guided or guided if ya don't know the area.
Should be a bunch of fun, I mean hey they got smart and providing the shuttles meaning I can get snockered and not worry about going to jail in Towns county GA! Well not worry much anyway

Old 09-07-2011, 02:54 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,449 Likes on 2,597 Posts

Probably just going to ride up Sat Mike.You still have same phone#? Anybody else want to tag along from my side of town?

Old 09-07-2011, 07:00 PM
horseplay
Road Master

Do you have to be a HOG member to get in the event?

Old 09-08-2011, 07:45 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,449 Likes on 2,597 Posts

not that I'm aware of horseplay.There might be an area or two that requires it but not the whole thing.I've had it with the whole membership thing.I never used any benefits.I got it for the towing but my insurance co has better coverage.Contrary to what they tell you about sending a tow company with motorcycle experience is bullshit.Go and enjoy.PM me your cell and we'll have a drink. G.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:46 AM
horseplay
Road Master

Originally Posted by back again
not that I'm aware of horseplay.There might be an area or two that requires it but not the whole thing.I've had it with the whole membership thing.I never used any benefits.I got it for the towing but my insurance co has better coverage.Contrary to what they tell you about sending a tow company with motorcycle experience is bullshit.Go and enjoy.PM me your cell and we'll have a drink. G.
Not sure what our plans are right now, not doing the Dillard thing. May just head into the mountains for a quick ride on Sat morning to enjoy the cool air! If we do make it up to the HOG thing , I will give you a shout!

Quick Reply: GA HOG Rally