"The Georgia Crew" This is the home of "The Georgia Crew," a place to hang out and have fun!

GA HOG Rally

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 09:37 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Would love to go... but Mr. Wizard will have Buster all in pieces on the 10th. Have fun!

Old 09-11-2011, 08:13 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,449 Likes on 2,597 Posts

Great riding this weekend up north.We are lucky as hell to have the quality and quantity of roads in the hills up here.Absolutely perfect weather these last 3 days have been. Really got to stretch out the legs,I needed it. Forgot my phone Sat Mike,like you said there wasn't much to the fairgrounds or town for that matter but the ride more than made up for it.Took a lot of roads I've never been on and some not for the last 2-3 years Great weekend.Hope y'all had a good one too.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:03 PM
StonerGlide
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah it was great right up until Saturday morning when we were headed up Wayah Road leading about 9 other bikes and a deer ran out in front of us!
Went down like a Stone (pun intended).
Penny got out with a sprained wrist but I have thigh muscle bruised down to the bone, puncture wound on left elbow (now sporting nice new stitches) and heavely bruised ribs on left side including a fractured 5th.
All things considered we got out lucky!
Rode the scoot back to hotel and then home yesterday (man was that fun). Gonna need some work but she rode straight and still cornered good but she will still get a good going over.
Watch out for critters folks and if ya don't think you need a good helmet I will be happy to show you a matched pair of nasty scars on both mine and the wifes lid that kept this from being worse!!!

Old 09-12-2011, 04:45 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Gosh darn Mike! So sorry to hear about this! I hope you both heal quickly and strong!
Equally, I hate hearing about anybody's bike getting damaged. I hope that fixes up nicely too!

I hate critters crossing. Don't care what animal it is, they can sure spook you when they suddenly appear.

I launched a Fatboy over an armadillo one time, at night, and that event ended with me in the roadside ditch facing the wrong way. I'm sure, like you, everything happens so quick.

BTW: so glad your lids did their job!

Best of luck with everything!!!

Old 09-12-2011, 07:13 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,449 Likes on 2,597 Posts

Sorry tohear that but glad you guys could ride home.The ribs are killer injuries. Amazing how many places in your body hurt when you touch a broken one or even take a breath.Saw lots of deer Sat morning moving when we came down out of the hills in Baldwin.Hope it doesn't ruin normal activities with the new job.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:56 PM
horseplay
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, thats my biggest fear on a bike is an animal. I had 2 deer jump in front of me on 136 a few months ago early one morning, nice skid and I was able to stay upright. This past Sat coming down Ft Mountain on 52 east a big black bear slowly crossed the road in front of us, never have I ever seen one crossing the road!

Old 09-12-2011, 09:24 PM
StonerGlide
Road Master

Thought for sure we were gonna be able to ride it out but that 8-9 inch drop off on the edge of the pavement did the trick!
I imagined us maybe skidding along the very old fence that was off the road but once in that rut the front tire was not coming out and down we went.
Since we never actually HIT the deer I am claiming that we actually skidded off the road on that fresh trail of crap we scared out of her That's my story and I can pay some folks to back me up!!
Oh and did I tell you they gave me some great meds?! Shot they gave me in the ER yesterday made me momentarily forget how to chew my food! Good stuff to do that to me

Old 09-12-2011, 09:28 PM
StonerGlide
Road Master

Originally Posted by back again
Sorry tohear that but glad you guys could ride home.The ribs are killer injuries. Amazing how many places in your body hurt when you touch a broken one or even take a breath.Saw lots of deer Sat morning moving when we came down out of the hills in Baldwin.Hope it doesn't ruin normal activities with the new job.
Nah, I went to work today. Got to drive to Brunswick and back tomorrow for a site survey, now that should be fun! Y'all stay away from I-16 and 1-95 tomorrow and we shouldn't have any problems!

Doc gave me a ration for not going to the hospital right away but then he admitted that he rode a Goldwing so I figure what the hell does he know all that education and he still rides a Honda!