"The Georgia Crew" This is the home of "The Georgia Crew," a place to hang out and have fun!

Chattahoochee National Forest Ride - 9/3/11

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 08:19 AM
DHubbs
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Have a great weekend Wiz! Ya'll be careful Sunday.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:18 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Really looking forward to tomorrow! Should be a beautiful ride.

For anybody new joining.... We collect at the Chevron starting around 9ish. We dominate the front without an issue. We have non-bikers gawking and chatting with us and we even got interrupted by a 800+ horsepower Corvette that made us stop thinking about our motorcycles for a few minutes.

Usually by 10:05am we are remembering where we parked and looking for our helmets.

Anybody knowing that they'll be running late should give a shout so we know to expect you. Otherwise, no need for a roll-call, just be there.

Keeping it simple, keeping it fun, No Rules, Just Ride.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:06 PM
monkey sammich
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

[sigh]

Wish I could be there.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Royal271
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not making it in the morning, but I did make it up to Helen today. At least there was that!

Old 09-03-2011, 04:07 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well....You all missed an awesome trip today. DHubbs and I were the only two bikes today, Mary came along with Dwayne.

The ONLY straight-road riding part of today was the first 55 miles up to Morganton on route 5. Once we turned onto route 60, we hardly had a piece of straight macadam till we hit rout 372 again.

Route 60 is an unbelievable mountain road that will keep your attention riding it the entire time. Once we got to Suches, Dwayne and I turned left onto Wolf Pen Gap Road and did those twisties over to 19/129. We headed north for a few miles to reach Pappy's for lunch. Great food.

Then we headed south on 19/129 till Turner's Corner where we turned right onto 9/19 and then reconnected back onto route 60 and made our way through Dahlonega and took moonshine ally (route 9) down into Dawsonville. Route 53 till we hit Yellow Creek road and then parted ways.

Temperature was fine in the mountains, but we started cooking in the heat once we were leaving Dahlonega.

I'm saving this route for another time. Way too wonderful!!!!

Old 09-03-2011, 04:23 PM
blueyz0416
Now with God. Love you baby... -Wiz

shoulda gone with ya. Sounds like you had way fun. Next Saturday/Sunday will be cooler, let the super great riding weather begin.

Old 09-03-2011, 04:47 PM
b1rider
Tourer

Sorry I missed it. I was up way too late and therefore slept way too late to make the ride. I rode up to Dahlonega and ate at Rider's Hill (not that good) and hurried home. It was hot hot hot! When is this stuff going to break? Riding wasn't as good alone, wish I could have been there.

Old 09-03-2011, 05:10 PM
DHubbs
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks so much Paul for this ride! We had a blast! This was the prettiest ride yet! Wish others could have been there, I hate they missed it, but man did we have a good time or what!!!!! Your a blast to hang with buddy! I loved the twisties, not a dull moment all day! Cant wait to do it again. So glad you did this, thanks again!

Old 09-03-2011, 09:05 PM
FBLJosh
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

60 is an AWESOME road. I took video of it a few weeks back when a buddy and I rode it. I'm working on it right now and I'll post it. It's so long, I'm having to pick and choose the best parts of it, but it's so hard because the whole thing is great. Glad you got to eat at Pappy's, and glad it turned out to be good. I really wish I could've been there, just so hard for me to make a Saturday ride. I will definitely make at least one with you, Paul!! I'll post up when I plan a Sunday ride, and hopefully we'll be able to hook it up where we can finally meet and ride. Glad everyone made it back in one piece and glad y'all had so much fun.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:30 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds like a great time. It was hot today, but the breeze was great. Looking forward to getting to ride with the group later in the month.

Quick Reply: Chattahoochee National Forest Ride - 9/3/11