The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So who is posting in the dyna section the sons are on tonight

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 07:15 PM
johnjzjz
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,689 Likes on 2,952 Posts
Default So who is posting in the dyna section the sons are on tonight

hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahaahahahaha

Old 09-09-2014, 07:44 PM
Tee&Vee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by johnjzjz
That is a good one. Maybe Spanners will chime in if he ain't too busy watching them.

Old 09-09-2014, 08:05 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Oh, get it. Because some of the Dyna guys put Quarter Fairings on their bikes, they're trying to emulate the Son's of Anarchy, right? People were actually doing that long before that asinine show came on. In fact it goes back to the FXR guys running Quarter Fairings in the 80's and 90's. Therefore, isn't Hollywood trying to emulate the Dyna guys?

IMO it's a good look for those types of bikes and serves a great function as well. I need a windshield and like a 7" headlamp on my bike. Couple that with a quarter fairing and the aerodynamics are much improved. So I guess based on this forums "Bro Logic", I'll be turning my bike into a SOA wannabe as soon as I just add a quarter fairing?

Eventually I want to get the full police style FXR fairing because the aerodynamics are incredible behind them. Are those fairings SOA too? Not that it matters, just curious.

Old 09-09-2014, 08:21 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Received 4,345 Likes on 1,949 Posts

Originally Posted by johnjzjz

I believe Spanners is our representative for the Dyna Section!!!

Old 09-09-2014, 08:53 PM
porschedog
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Hush, we are trying to hear what Jax is saying.....

Old 09-09-2014, 09:40 PM
Tee&Vee
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by PanHeadRich
Oh, get it. Because some of the Dyna guys put Quarter Fairings on their bikes, they're trying to emulate the Son's of Anarchy, right? People were actually doing that long before that asinine show came on. In fact it goes back to the FXR guys running Quarter Fairings in the 80's and 90's. Therefore, isn't Hollywood trying to emulate the Dyna guys?

IMO it's a good look for those types of bikes and serves a great function as well. I need a windshield and like a 7" headlamp on my bike. Couple that with a quarter fairing and the aerodynamics are much improved. So I guess based on this forums "Bro Logic", I'll be turning my bike into a SOA wannabe as soon as I just add a quarter fairing?

Eventually I want to get the full police style FXR fairing because the aerodynamics are incredible behind them. Are those fairings SOA too? Not that it matters, just curious.
As an aside to the topic, I think this are swapmeet gold, Rich. The big BUT is that they are often there. I saw one in Keene NH that had a nice Sony marine radio in the place where the cop radio was. It was still white and was $300 or $400.
Or are you looking aftermarket?

Old 09-10-2014, 12:22 AM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Tee&Vee
As an aside to the topic, I think this are swapmeet gold, Rich. The big BUT is that they are often there. I saw one in Keene NH that had a nice Sony marine radio in the place where the cop radio was. It was still white and was $300 or $400.
Or are you looking aftermarket?
Thanks Tee&Vee, I'm extremely flexible. FXRP, FXRD, FXRT or aftermarket would be fine with me. Hell, even a broken one that I can re-glass would be fine if the price was right. But at this time I'm tapped. I just put $1500 down on the S&S V111 last week. I'll get the engine next week and install it. My bud's giving to to me up front, but I want to pay it off within the next 7 weeks. He's letting me have it for $3k, so I had to jump on it.

So for now I'll just have to go with the Rifle Roadster Fairing with the 15" shield that I already bought. I also bought another 7" LED Truck-Lite, 7" Black side-mount bucket and form mounting brackets. Even though the Fairing is made for a 5.75" headlight, I'm almost possitive That I figured out a way to fit the 7" Truck-Lite.

But when I'm ready, I'll certainly let you know. If you found me a deal like you mentioned, there would be a generous finders fee for you.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:28 PM
Tee&Vee
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by PanHeadRich
Thanks Tee&Vee, I'm extremely flexible. FXRP, FXRD, FXRT or aftermarket would be fine with me. Hell, even a broken one that I can re-glass would be fine if the price was right. But at this time I'm tapped. I just put $1500 down on the S&S V111 last week. I'll get the engine next week and install it. My bud's giving to to me up front, but I want to pay it off within the next 7 weeks. He's letting me have it for $3k, so I had to jump on it.

So for now I'll just have to go with the Rifle Roadster Fairing with the 15" shield that I already bought. I also bought another 7" LED Truck-Lite, 7" Black side-mount bucket and form mounting brackets. Even though the Fairing is made for a 5.75" headlight, I'm almost possitive That I figured out a way to fit the 7" Truck-Lite.

But when I'm ready, I'll certainly let you know. If you found me a deal like you mentioned, there would be a generous finders fee for you.
The big swapper in my neck of the woods is coming soon. Keene NH. I'll send you a message that weekend.

Old 09-11-2014, 07:59 PM
Gone Bush
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The actor who plays Jax is British. Pip pip toodle oo, and all that.

Old 09-14-2014, 01:15 PM
truckerdave
senior experienced all-knowing leader of the unwise
Received 347 Likes on 177 Posts

I just read Jax is going to die at the end of this season. I think i'm gonna cry. Excuse me while i get a tissue.