The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK-The Thread of All Knowledge-PeckerWoods IMC.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 11:50 AM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts

Bloody Mary wood hit the spot but I got honey do's ta get started on and the kid gets out of school at lunch time today. Gotta get off my *** and get moving.

Old 05-08-2015, 11:51 AM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts

Bloody Mary wood hit the spot but I got honey do's ta get started on and the kid gets out of school at lunch time today. Gotta get off my *** and get moving.

Old 05-08-2015, 11:52 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
Lou , I gave a Harley main drive gear bearing to our bearing rep today. He is going to try and get it sourced, may end up coming from Japan but we'll have something.
Cool Mark. Japan makes some good bearings.

Old 05-08-2015, 11:54 AM
Thirty3
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by soft 02
Yea FI will rev a tad high on start up. When the TPS goes it revs about 2k. Biggest tell tale is dieing at stop lights when you come off the freeway. Wouldnt hurt to clean the IAC though. Pop the air cleaner off and cycle the key on and off while spraying some throttle body cleaner in the IAC port.
I'll pick some cleaner up today, can I just hit an Autozone or do I need special HD stuff? Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but I'm just paranoid and have **** luck.

Originally Posted by nottaway
If it does not return I wouldn't worry about it. It could have been the gas. How far were you through the tank of fuel? Water normally sits on the bottom and thats normally the issue with modern fuels.

If it does I would look for:

1. Fuel Filter plugged
2. Exhaust Leak
3. Coil, plugs, wires
4. CEL codes
I fill up at around a quarter tank (just before the red/reserve area), the gas right now is probably at around 3/4 full or a hair less.

I read a little more and it's a pop I guess not a backfire and they went into talking about .ean mix. I will start with the gas (quick/easiest) and move on to removing the air filter and spraying it. From here, if things seem weird, I'll always keep an eye on #4, look for #2 (in your list..lol), check #3 and then #1 will be last.

Old 05-08-2015, 11:57 AM
Thirty3
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Northern Glide
Long shot but my 'lil Sporty would kick in/out just going down the highway.
Turned out bad ground killing the spark on/off without warning.
I'd sure rule out the fuel first though.....
Funny you said this because when I went to get the bike at the start of my season, I had to jump it (charger must have come off) and in the process, one of the small grounds on the terminal came out. I recrimped it and this is what I first checked when I pulled the seat off.

Old 05-08-2015, 11:58 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
Cool Mark. Japan makes some good bearings.
He said a Koyo engineer he works with is always up for something like this and when I started talking numbers of bikes on the road with this ticking time bomb in them his eyes got real big.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:06 PM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Thirty3
I'll pick some cleaner up today, can I just hit an Autozone or do I need special HD stuff? Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but I'm just paranoid and have **** luck.

I fill up at around a quarter tank (just before the red/reserve area), the gas right now is probably at around 3/4 full or a hair less.

I read a little more and it's a pop I guess not a backfire and they went into talking about .ean mix. I will start with the gas (quick/easiest) and move on to removing the air filter and spraying it. From here, if things seem weird, I'll always keep an eye on #4, look for #2 (in your list..lol), check #3 and then #1 will be last.
And for reference sake, some of the guys here on the TOAK really know bikes and machines, and you'll get some serious and helpful information. But you may also want to try the Softail section of this Forum for additional help as well. Some of the guys over there are good as well.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:26 PM
Banned

The light warm breeze coming through my office window is killing me. I keep thinking about climbing out it and.....well then, that's where the fantasy ends when I think how I'm going to quietly start the bike.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:27 PM
Banned

The light warm breeze coming through my office window is killing me. I keep thinking about climbing out it and.....well then, that's where the fantasy ends when I think how I'm going to quietly start the bike.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:28 PM
KUB
Extreme HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 93 Posts

Liver spot loving !! My gawd somebody has been struck by lightning and water logged !! I was gonna eat lunch and ***** post but that's out of the question now !!

Quick Reply: TOAK-The Thread of All Knowledge-PeckerWoods IMC.