The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK-The Thread of All Knowledge-PeckerWoods IMC.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 08:38 PM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by LiiT
You fellers in MI and WI ever see any of these mushrooms growing around your place?

These are morels and are very tasty, but getting hard to find around here. I have heard they are more plentiful to the north...
Haven't seen any. My land is pretty wet sometimes, probably too wet. I've heard they are good. Maybe I should grow those instead of ginseng.

I usually recognize a lot of places on that show. I used to work out of Hazard and a few other places in eastern KY when I did private security. We were the guys that got called out when the UMW went on strike.
That's cool!

Old 04-25-2015, 08:42 PM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 834 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthpawHD
Maybe I should grow those instead of ginseng.

You grow domestic ginseng? Very interesting!

Old 04-25-2015, 08:44 PM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member

You grow domestic ginseng? Very interesting!
Nope. But I have considered it. Used to be really BIG business around here. I know guys who made million$ doing it.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:44 PM
zal
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,087 Likes on 1,601 Posts

Haven't seen any. My land is pretty wet sometimes, probably too wet. I've heard they are good. Maybe I should grow those instead of ginseng.

I have watched that ginseng reality show on tv. What a bunch of nut cases lol

Old 04-25-2015, 08:45 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Spent an evening in a shoe store in Lexington in '74 because of a bunch of tornados in the area. The authorities wouldn't let us leave until like 1am.

Although it has happened, it's rare for one to hit this little burg in the woods
Got chased down a stretch of I-70 out in Kansas by a small twister once on the bike, no turn offs and the damn thing was following the road dancing from side to side. Got up under a bridge tossed a chain around the bike & guardrail and we climbed up to where the cross beams were anchored and watched it go over us. Thing didn't have but about a 2' or 3' footprint but jesus they are loud that close.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:47 PM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 834 Likes on 582 Posts

Nope. But I have considered it. Used to be really BIG business around here. I know guys who made million$ doing it.
Originally Posted by zal

Yeah, that show like several other "reality" shows is a bunch of **** folks.

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Got chased down a stretch of I-70 out in Kansas by a small twister once on the bike, no turn offs and the damn thing was following the road dancing from side to side. Got up under a bridge tossed a chain around the bike & guardrail and we climbed up to where the cross beams were anchored and watched it go over us. Thing didn't have but about a 2' or 3' footprint but jesus they are loud that close.

Like a damn freight train going over!

Old 04-25-2015, 08:48 PM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by zal
Probably one of the most horribly scripted shows ever. But it's like watching a train wreck - just can't take my eyes off of it!

Old 04-25-2015, 08:49 PM
zal
Seasoned HDF Member

Jesus, I can't imagine. I know avalanches are like freight trains, but wind is scary ****.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:50 PM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts

That sounds like it wood ruin a pair of pants.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:50 PM
zal
Seasoned HDF Member

Probably one of the most horribly scripted shows ever. But it's like watching a train wreck - just can't take my eyes off of it!
Have you ever watched Ice Road Truckers? They actually watch movies going across the ice, its that boring.

Quick Reply: TOAK-The Thread of All Knowledge-PeckerWoods IMC.