The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK-The Thread of All Knowledge-PeckerWoods IMC.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 08:02 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Originally Posted by LoneBone
Don't know why, but I just looked at it, tossed it on the bar and left. Didn't want it with me...
If it's important they'll leave a message. True story. About 10 years I lived across the street from Mark Cuban's mother in law. Went to many Maverick games and sat in his box. He said to me, always communicate by email. First, it is a written record and secondly, if I call you when you're busy I am bothering you and you won't listen to what I have to say. If I email you I know you'll read it when it's convenient and you'll pay attention to what it says.

Old 03-15-2015, 08:03 PM
Helen Wheels
Extreme HDF Member
Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by QC
Evening, Ladywood!
hi there qcwood!..i got that paper out of the car here's the website if you ever get bored..you may have already checked it out b4.
www.trade-a-plane.com

Old 03-15-2015, 08:08 PM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
Back when I usta surf I'd get visited by dolfins every once an a while. Pretty cool. Face to face stuff. Been bumped by a shark or two. Small ones though.
Awesome!

Old 03-15-2015, 08:16 PM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27,812 Likes on 6,493 Posts

Originally Posted by OKMICK
If it's important they'll leave a message. True story. About 10 years I lived across the street from Mark Cuban's mother in law. Went to many Maverick games and sat in his box. He said to me, always communicate by email. First, it is a written record and secondly, if I call you when you're busy I am bothering you and you won't listen to what I have to say. If I email you I know you'll read it when it's convenient and you'll pay attention to what it says.
ol' Mark would be disappointed in me. I may go a couple of days without checking my email, unless I'm bidding on a job via email. Phone though, that damn things become like a cyst you can't cut out.

Felt good to leave it at home...

Old 03-15-2015, 08:17 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

Originally Posted by Helen Wheels
hi there qcwood!..i got that paper out of the car here's the website if you ever get bored..you may have already checked it out b4.
www.trade-a-plane.com
Thank you, Ladywood!
I'll pay ya when I see ya!

Old 03-15-2015, 08:18 PM
QC
Club Member

ol' Mark would be disappointed in me. I may go a couple of days without checking my email, unless I'm bidding on a job via email. Phone though, that damn things become like a cyst you can't cut out.

Felt good to leave it at home...
Have a love/hate relationship with mine.

Old 03-15-2015, 08:23 PM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27,812 Likes on 6,493 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
Back when I usta surf I'd get visited by dolfins every once an a while. Pretty cool. Face to face stuff. Been bumped by a shark or two. Small ones though.
Very cool you used to surf Softy. So did I. One of my best friends introduced me to it back in the early 80's. We surfed all up and down the Texas Coast, from Galveston to South Padre, and into Mexico. Surfed California at Huntington Beach, Surfed Hawaii one time, not in the winter though, in summer.

Surfed the East Coast of Florida from South Beach to Fort Pierce. North of Fort Pierce was above the Florida cape, and got some decent swells.

Been bumped by dolphins, been followed by a good sized hammerhead shark when I paddled across the ship channel at Padre. I was trying to teach my BIL to surf at Fort Pierce, and I saw a school of mullet break the surface heading our way. Told my BIL something is chasing em, either a Cuda or a shark, cause these mullet were big. Mullet skittered right thru us, followed by a 6' black tip that split between my BIL and me.

He retired that day....

Old 03-15-2015, 08:27 PM
QC
Club Member

Very cool you used to surf Softy. So did I. One of my best friends introduced me to it back in the early 80's. We surfed all up and down the Texas Coast, from Galveston to South Padre, and into Mexico. Surfed California at Huntington Beach, Surfed Hawaii one time, not in the winter though, in summer.

Surfed the East Coast of Florida from South Beach to Fort Pierce. North of Fort Pierce was above the Florida cape, and got some decent swells.

Been bumped by dolphins, been followed by a good sized hammerhead shark when I paddled across the ship channel at Padre. I was trying to teach my BIL to surf at Fort Pierce, and I saw a school of mullet break the surface heading our way. Told my BIL something is chasing em, either a Cuda or a shark, cause these mullet were big. Mullet skittered right thru us, followed by a 6' black tip that split between my BIL and me.

He retired that day....
Can't say as I blame him.

Old 03-15-2015, 09:03 PM
Thirty3
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He retired that day....
holy *****!!! There would have been a brown treat from me to the shark

Old 03-15-2015, 09:05 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Once on an awesome surf day at Sandollar beach I was the only one out an saw a good size black fin about 60 yards out pointed right at me. Took the next wave in all the way in. Tourists told me I had a good size shark behind me.

Quick Reply: TOAK-The Thread of All Knowledge-PeckerWoods IMC.