The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK-The Thread of All Knowledge-PeckerWoods IMC.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 04:45 PM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 834 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by ultracan
We are here until the 20th. Let me know when you are on your way.

I am hoping to arrive the 16th, but it's still not for sure. Too much **** going on at home...

Old 03-06-2015, 04:45 PM
KUB
Extreme HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 93 Posts

www.keyscycles.com

Jack they have two shops !!

Old 03-06-2015, 04:47 PM
KUB
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by LiiT
That may well be part of it LB, but the KDFW actually started a stocking program here as well during the 80's. There had always been a few around but it was rare to see a deer in those days. I was in a local bow hunters club at the time and can remember being excited at the idea of being able to hunt in my home county. We used to travel several hours to western or northern KY to hunt. Now they are all over the damn place and I don't hunt any more as I can't get around as well as I used to since the knee replacement

Guy killed a 17 pointer on my farm last gun season. Pretty nice deer, but he was puny compared to the big boy I had been seeing around all summer. Big body. He was supposed to send me a picture, but may have forgotten.

They also started stocking turkey and they were pretty thick for a while too, but haven't been seeing a lot of those lately. I think the coyotes are getting a lot of the young ones.
Tracy when I was at TR in ND we shipped about 80 elk from the park to KY thru the GF and RMEF !

Old 03-06-2015, 04:52 PM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27,810 Likes on 6,493 Posts

Originally Posted by KUB
www.keyscycles.com

Jack they have two shops !!
Well I'll be damned. They charged enough for them grips if I remember right.

Old 03-06-2015, 04:54 PM
KUB
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by LoneBone
Well I'll be damned. They charged enough for them grips if I remember right.
The OL is going by and grab me a T Im a poser re: T

Old 03-06-2015, 04:58 PM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by KUB
Tracy when I was at TR in ND we shipped about 80 elk from the park to KY thru the GF and RMEF !

Those wound up in eastern KY on reclaimed strip mining land and have since spread. We even had a few show up here until the DFW told people there was no season on them and they were slaughtered wholesale. There are still a few in some of the more remote parts of the county I hear. My niece's husband killed a spike a few years ago.

There was a huge bull taken not too far from where I live about 15 years ago. I would like to see them get established here but for some reason the DFW does not. Go figger...

Old 03-06-2015, 05:04 PM
KUB
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by LiiT
Those wound up in eastern KY on reclaimed strip mining land and have since spread. We even had a few show up here until the DFW told people there was no season on them and they were slaughtered wholesale. There are still a few in some of the more remote parts of the county I hear. My niece's husband killed a spike a few years ago.

There was a huge bull taken not too far from where I live about 15 years ago. I would like to see them get established here but for some reason the DFW does not. Go figger...
That's interesting !! Must be different administration's ! I remember the RMEF and KY had TV reporters on site when we loaded the elk from our Wildlife Handling Facility and the semi's drove straight thru and then there was a big deal when they were released ! I wonder of the meat poachers took there share ! I know there may have been an issue with land owners and crop damage ect that the State would have to deal with !!

Old 03-06-2015, 05:16 PM
KUB
Extreme HDF Member

I wonder where Chesterwood is in his travels ?? I bet he is out of Utah ! I bet he picked that truck up at the big DOD surplus equipment depot outside SLC !

Old 03-06-2015, 05:16 PM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by KUB
That's interesting !! Must be different administration's ! I remember the RMEF and KY had TV reporters on site when we loaded the elk from our Wildlife Handling Facility and the semi's drove straight thru and then there was a big deal when they were released ! I wonder of the meat poachers took there share ! I know there may have been an issue with land owners and crop damage ect that the State would have to deal with !!

Within a short time, some of those elk traveled hundreds of miles to get to my part of the state.

Poachers? Oh hell yes. They have taken their toll for sure. Some very impoverished areas near where they were released. Good part is they probably helped feed some families that could have used the extra meat. Poverty is a real problem still in some parts of eastern KY. As is usual, the coal companies got the money and then left when they had taken what they wanted.

I think maybe they had envisioned the stocking program bringing some money in to the area through licensing and attracting hunters from other parts of the country. As is it now you have to enter into a drawing for permits to hunt them.

When I say they don't want them established here, I mean in this part of the state.

Old 03-06-2015, 05:19 PM
KUB
Extreme HDF Member

Poachers? Oh hell yes. They have taken their toll for sure. Some very impoverished areas near where they were released. Good part is they probably helped feed some families that could have used the extra meat. Poverty is a real problem still in some parts of eastern KY. As is usual, the coal companies got the money and then left when they had taken what they wanted.

Yea I can understand that ! As long as it gets used and feeds families ! I know up here the road kills that are still eatable are given to needy families !

Quick Reply: TOAK-The Thread of All Knowledge-PeckerWoods IMC.