The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK-The Thread of All Knowledge-PeckerWoods IMC.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 05:16 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
Have yet to see a live birth. Seen plenty loose their nuts though. Yum.
Love calf fries and lamb fries.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:17 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by OKMICK
Love calf fries and lamb fries.
And sweet breads!

Old 03-04-2015, 05:18 PM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Rode a horse once, well tried to, evidently there is a right and wrong way to ride, I don't know the right way, but I did find out the wrong way, no thank you, I'll keep my involvement with animals to a minimum please.

Al

Old 03-04-2015, 05:19 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Originally Posted by AllenW
... I'll keep my involvement with animals to a minimum please.

Al
Al, this is a family friendly forum and talk about your sex life is strictly taboo!

Old 03-04-2015, 05:21 PM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 834 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by OKMICK
Damn, I kid you not, that almost brought tears to my eyes. How incredible is birth?
Have yet to see a live birth. Seen plenty loose their nuts though. Yum.
Seldom saw an actual birth on the farm. Most times the cow just kind of goes off by herself and then brings it back to the herd. You can tell when they are getting close because they "string" when the mucus plug breaks. Looks like a string hanging from the vagina. They'll calf within a couple days.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:24 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

Hmmm. Our goat herd on campus is about to cut loose with some new babies. Maybe ill keep stalking them.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:26 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

Hmmm. Our goat herd on campus is about to cut loose with some new babies. Maybe ill keep stalking them.
Don't let the herdmaster know!!!

Old 03-04-2015, 05:27 PM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27,812 Likes on 6,493 Posts

Originally Posted by LiiT
Yep. Sometime you just gotta get their attention to teach 'em something.

Old saying around here..

Two places for a mule, in the barn or in the harness. Had a jenny for a while but she killed 2 of my calves and had to go.
My regular mountain horse back when I hunted elk was a stout quarter horse mare I had. She was in foal one year, so I bought a green broke mule to hunt off of that year. I paid $150 for him, and figured if a bear or mountain lion ate him I wouldn't be out much money. Every time you got on him he tried to buck you off. Every single time.

Once he got that out of his system he was good to go, and I will say this. I negotiated some dangerous damn trails on him, and he was the most sure footed critter I've ever rode in the mountains.

Came home that year and ran an add and sold him for $500. Lady pulls up and that stupid mule is standing out in the pasture, ugly as hell. The lady ran up and said I'll take him!!! Without trying to haggle the price. I asked what she intended to do with him, and she said it was for her kids and grandkids. I stopped her and told her straight up, lady, this mule isn't for kids to ride. He'll buck em off.

No no, you don't understand. We're just gonna pet him and feed him carrots, not ride him!!!!

I sold that mean, ugly bastard....

Old 03-04-2015, 05:28 PM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,917 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Originally Posted by LiiT
Seldom saw an actual birth on the farm. Most times the cow just kind of goes off by herself and then brings it back to the herd. You can tell when they are getting close because they "string" when the mucus plug breaks. Looks like a string hanging from the vagina. They'll calf within a couple days.
Cow Vagina. Bwaaaahahaha
I don't know, it just struck me as funny, and I am a farm boy who used to work cow/calves.
God, I love this thread!

Old 03-04-2015, 05:30 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by LoneBone
My regular mountain horse back when I hunted elk was a stout quarter horse mare I had. She was in foal one year, so I bought a green broke mule to hunt off of that year. I paid $150 for him, and figured if a bear or mountain lion ate him I wouldn't be out much money. Every time you got on him he tried to buck you off. Every single time.

Once he got that out of his system he was good to go, and I will say this. I negotiated some dangerous damn trails on him, and he was the most sure footed critter I've ever rode in the mountains.

Came home that year and ran an add and sold him for $500. Lady pulls up and that stupid mule is standing out in the pasture, ugly as hell. The lady ran up and said I'll take him!!! Without trying to haggle the price. I asked what she intended to do with him, and she said it was for her kids and grandkids. I stopped her and told her straight up, lady, this mule isn't for kids to ride. He'll buck em off.

No no, you don't understand. We're just gonna pet him and feed him carrots, not ride him!!!!

I sold that mean, ugly bastard....
City folk....

Quick Reply: TOAK-The Thread of All Knowledge-PeckerWoods IMC.