The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK-The Thread of All Knowledge-PeckerWoods IMC.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 08:55 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,835 Likes on 19,328 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
Ahh...yep.
Have a great trip to Daytona Mark ... and ... Don't forget daily updates with pictures for those ( myself included ) who are still suffering from banishment in the "Frozen Mitten"

Old 03-02-2015, 09:11 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
Have a great trip to Daytona Mark ... and ... Don't forget daily updates with pictures for those ( myself included ) who are still suffering from banishment in the "Frozen Mitten"
I'll take pics, should be a good year, where we are set up at Destination Daytona we have good neighbors, S&S, Ohlins, and Rinehart. The Rinehart boys are fun and may bring a jar or two of southern hospitality.

Old 03-02-2015, 09:48 AM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by LoneBone
Morning fellers...

Both my sons played football in a 4A school. My oldest was good, but my youngest was quite the athlete. He ended up starting on both offense and defense, plus he returned kicks. He was on the field most of the time.

We had a road game, and he made a really good tackle playing linebacker, but as he wrapped up the running back a big lineman came in at his knee from the side. Buckled it and down he went. He suffered a significant knee injury and was lost for the year.

He's 25 yrs old and still has problems with that knee, which no kid should have to deal with at that age. Looking back at it now with hindsight, I would probably encourage him to play baseball instead, although he probably wouldn't have listened. He loved football, but when his knee really gets to bothering him and he's limping around, I'm not so sure he doesn't regret it to some extent.

Footballs a great sport. He loved his teammates and coaches, but injuries are a part of it, especially at the High School level in Texas, where players are big and fast. And sometimes those injuries can be significant and last you the rest of your life....
I played football for 7 years, missed one practice due to injury. Played basketball in gym class, broke my ankle and couldn't walk for over 2 months.

My wife, played volleyball and softball all through her school years and nothing. Tore her knee as an adult.

All sports are plagued with injuries, some more severe than others. But I believe that those severe injuries are generally more a rare occurrence than anything.

Sorry to hear that that happened to your son. That would suck being plagued for your adult life from a HS injury.

Old 03-02-2015, 09:50 AM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
No regrets! Playd fball all 4 years. Had both knees busted up and shoulder surgery. Feel the knees every day. Good times! CIF champs.
We were conference champs all 3 years in HS. Missed the state championship game by 1 POINT.

My dad won the state championship as a coach. What an amazing experience that was to watch!!!

Old 03-02-2015, 09:57 AM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 834 Likes on 582 Posts

Morning Woods!

Old 03-02-2015, 10:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LiiT
Morning Woods!
Morning, slow day, think everyone is napping.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:43 AM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member

Morning, slow day, think everyone is napping.
Yep I guess so.

I guess you are kinda excited about Daytona. I hope you guys have a great event!

I haven't been down for Bike Week in a long time.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LiiT
Yep I guess so.

I guess you are kinda excited about Daytona. I hope you guys have a great event!

I haven't been down for Bike Week in a long time.
Should be fun, we normally do good there, last year was our first year of setting up at Destination and we were booked solid by like the 4th day there for installs. Hoping for the same this trip.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:50 AM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

Not napping, working. A little busy this morning.
I need to win the lotto.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:52 AM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member

Should be fun, we normally do good there, last year was our first year of setting up at Destination and we were booked solid by like the 4th day there for installs. Hoping for the same this trip.

Sweet! I hope so for your sake too.

I'm still trying to save some money toward a 6-speed for the old Ultra. One of these days maybe. Really need to get the kids out of school and I might have some money to work with!

Quick Reply: TOAK-The Thread of All Knowledge-PeckerWoods IMC.