The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK-The Thread of All Knowledge-PeckerWoods IMC.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 08:09 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by krwould
Hahaha... not for me Softee.... on the downhill slide brother....
Yea. Sux having friends 20 something years older than myself.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:10 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts
Old 02-27-2015, 08:12 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Color pics from a radio-telescope are simulations. You gather radio images of different spectrums and assign them each a primary color. Then you line the images up using common stars on each and combine them into a full color. The same is done with all of the Hubble images but in the visible spectrum. Usually its RGB (red, green, blue) and they are combined with a 4th image in black and white for a final image.

And yes, I am a Rocket Scientist. LOL

Old 02-27-2015, 08:12 PM
krwould
Club Member

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
And now for more unpleasantness. Last night I had to bring the hammer down on excessive postabating. Today, two copyright infringments and a link to profanity. Those have all been dealt with. But there is one more issue that is more pressing and serious.

We have received a number of complaints that people are using this thread to make fun of and insult people in other threads. I little bit of this is fun, but it has gotten out of hand in a couple of instances. There have been requests to shut this thread down completely. I'm doing my best to prevent that from happening. But it's up to you guys now.

Again from the HD forums rules:

3. While debating and discussion is fine, respect your fellow enthusiasts. Being of a diverse background, members are likely to express different opinions, and while opinions may differ from yours, they are just that, opinions; and everyone is entitled to express theirs freely. We will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, or personal attacks. Do not flame, bother, bug, disrespect, hound or taunt ANYONE on the forums or through private messaging or chat room. If we feel a thread is getting out of hand we will close or delete it. You can/will lose your posting privileges if you continue this type of behavior.

Word to the wise.
Wow....

Old 02-27-2015, 08:13 PM
krwould
Club Member

Color pics from a radio-telescope are simulations. You gather radio images of different spectrums and assign them each a primary color. Then you line the images up using common stars on each and combine them into a full color. The same is done with all of the Hubble images but in the visible spectrum. Usually its RGB (red, green, blue) and they are combined with a 4th image in black and white for a final image.

I wanna see your NASA patch........

Old 02-27-2015, 08:14 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by krwould
Wow....
Kids these days....

Old 02-27-2015, 08:15 PM
krwould
Club Member

Originally Posted by soft 02
Yea. Sux having friends 20 something years older than myself.
Yuuup... the ones I knew are gone now.....

Old 02-27-2015, 08:16 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

And here you are riding herd on a bunch of miscreants.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:19 PM
krwould
Club Member

Originally Posted by QC
And here you are riding herd on a bunch of miscreants.
Kinda like the FBI infiltratin under cover......

Old 02-27-2015, 08:19 PM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27,810 Likes on 6,493 Posts

And now for more unpleasantness. Last night I had to bring the hammer down on excessive postabating. Today, two copyright infringments and a link to profanity. Those have all been dealt with. But there is one more issue that is more pressing and serious.

We have received a number of complaints that people are using this thread to make fun of and insult people in other threads. I little bit of this is fun, but it has gotten out of hand in a couple of instances. There have been requests to shut this thread down completely. I'm doing my best to prevent that from happening. But it's up to you guys now.

Again from the HD forums rules:

3. While debating and discussion is fine, respect your fellow enthusiasts. Being of a diverse background, members are likely to express different opinions, and while opinions may differ from yours, they are just that, opinions; and everyone is entitled to express theirs freely. We will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, or personal attacks. Do not flame, bother, bug, disrespect, hound or taunt ANYONE on the forums or through private messaging or chat room. If we feel a thread is getting out of hand we will close or delete it. You can/will lose your posting privileges if you continue this type of behavior.

Word to the wise.

Not berating you in any way Izzo. You get the pm's and notifications when someone complains, and you are the one that has to deal with it, but I will say this, and I don't care who sees it. If they have a problem they can pm me.

You have to be spineless and gutless to run to the mods if you see something that hurts your feelings in this thread or any thread. I've never reported a post in my life cause I'm not a rat whose feelings get crushed easy.

There aren't very many real men left in our gutless society....

Quick Reply: TOAK-The Thread of All Knowledge-PeckerWoods IMC.