The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK-The Thread of All Knowledge-PeckerWoods IMC.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 09:12 AM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 834 Likes on 582 Posts

Morning folks!

Ken - Hope the wife is resting well. Local laundry here will let you drop off your clothes and they will wash, dry, and fold for you for a small fee. Just something you may want to consider if it's available to you..

Miss Helenwood - It looks like Depp is off the market now as he finally married the mother of his children. Did you know he's from Ky. as is George Clooney?

Russ - Knee replacement. If all goes well, and it usually does, you will be riding again in about 4-6 weeks. Take the meds and do your therapy. It hurts, but will be worth it in the long run. The procedure is a LOT of trauma for your leg and it will be weak for a while but it will get better.

DO YOUR THERAPY. Take it to where it hurts and then go beyond that. Can't over stress how important it is to keep bending that knee. The amount of flexibility you will have when all is said and done depends on it. Know some that didn't and the consequences are not good. One guy I know even had to go back into the hospital and go under sedation so they could "break it loose". He said it hurt worse than the surgery.

I got a staff infection in mine after the surgery and spent a month in and out of the hospital on antibiotics and morphine. OK the morphine was pretty good, but still not worth it. Had a nurse named Angela and she kept me in the stratosphere, but I didn't hurt.

In the end, after 30+ days of this, they went back into the joint, cleaned it out and the infection finally cleared up. Still hurts like a sumbitch to this day and gets pretty stiff if I'm stuck somewhere I can't move it but I can get around OK and I don't take any narcotic pain killers.

They want to replace the other one too. I said "Sure, just as soon as it wears to a bloody stub."

Old 02-08-2015, 09:19 AM
zal
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,087 Likes on 1,601 Posts

morning Woodsmen.

Old 02-08-2015, 09:28 AM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by zal
Well, after much thinking and doing some homework, I decided to get the Mrs one of these. Figured once the boy graduates from school, we are going to have to do something to keep us occupied. She is pretty stoked and can't wait till summer now.

Congrats, wife loves her 2012, damn thing is pretty quick, about 108hp if I read right, little strange riding it as it doesn't lean, but a lot of fun if 2 wheels doesn't work for you.
She has the touring model with all the bags and such, be surprised how much stuff she can pack away on that thing.

Al

Old 02-08-2015, 09:31 AM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by LiiT
Morning folks!

Ken - Hope the wife is resting well. Local laundry here will let you drop off your clothes and they will wash, dry, and fold for you for a small fee. Just something you may want to consider if it's available to you..

Wow! That would be cool. We don't have anything like that around here. All we have is a local chain of dry cleaners and they charge dry cleaner prices, very expensive.

Old 02-08-2015, 09:32 AM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Originally Posted by zal
morning Woodsmen.
Mornin, Zal. I know it's just a shadow in the pic but when you get the new CanAm be sure to get the one without the square rear tire!

Old 02-08-2015, 09:37 AM
zal
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by AllenW
Congrats, wife loves her 2012, damn thing is pretty quick, about 108hp if I read right, little strange riding it as it doesn't lean, but a lot of fun if 2 wheels doesn't work for you.
She has the touring model with all the bags and such, be surprised how much stuff she can pack away on that thing.

Al
Thanks Al. Those RT are nice. Lots of room. Definitely different riding. More like a quad but without the wheel lift when turning.

Whats your range like on your wife? I was told by the dealer to expect 250km (155 miles) per tank. (25L)

Old 02-08-2015, 09:43 AM
zal
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by OKMICK
Mornin, Zal. I know it's just a shadow in the pic but when you get the new CanAm be sure to get the one without the square rear tire!
Just noticed that too. Thanks for the meds up. When we go pick it up, Ill take a look. Nice thing about it is that its on top of their mezzanine where there is no public access. The owner will throw a cover on it and said we can leave it their until riding season. No extra charge. That would be about 3 more months minimum. Thought that was pretty good. Asked about the insurance if something goes wrong. Said not to worry about it since its still his technically (we only put a deposit) and by April when the promo runs out, then we will have to square up and get insurance.

Old 02-08-2015, 09:50 AM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

Morning, guys!
Another beautiful day here in the Mile High City!

Old 02-08-2015, 09:57 AM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Sounds like a decent deal Zwood.

As I said earlier, I like em and they are fun.

Old 02-08-2015, 11:32 AM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 834 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthpawHD
I was perusing the beard thread again, and dang, Chester and Twood have got some true woodsmen beards!

LOL The beard comes and goes. I will probably shave it off in the spring. The moustache stays. I haven't seen my upper lip in dang near 30 years.

Quick Reply: TOAK-The Thread of All Knowledge-PeckerWoods IMC.