The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK-The Thread of All Knowledge-PeckerWoods IMC.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 08:13 AM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Originally Posted by zal
...BTW, Kidding on the beatings. We used the phonebook. Softens the blow.
My folks were definitely old school when it came to usin' the belt and we all (3 of us) seemed to have suffered no ill effects. I still laugh about the time, I was about 12, my Mother had the ice tray in her hand, got mad at me I had to duck a a barrage of ice cubes. They generally gave us all a whippin' figuring the guilty party was included.

Old 01-07-2015, 08:17 AM
zal
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,087 Likes on 1,601 Posts

Originally Posted by OKMICK
My folks were definitely old school when it came to usin' the belt and we all (3 of us) seemed to have suffered no ill effects. I still laugh about the time, I was about 12, my Mother had the ice tray in her hand, got mad at me I had to duck a a barrage of ice cubes. They generally gave us all a whippin' figuring the guilty party was included.
LOL, that reminded my of the last time Mom gave us (me) a spanking. Don't remember what we did, but she had a paddle and she gave both myself and my older brother a smack. Of course we cried and ran to our rooms. Then we started to laugh our asses off. Yep, the good ol days.

Mom actually broke that paddle on my brothers ***. It was getting old anyways and split in two.

Old 01-07-2015, 08:22 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

When MarkWood checks in there is a pending request for help

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/prima...-question.html
Thanks Mickwood, back reading , be there in a minute.

Old 01-07-2015, 08:44 AM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

Only got a couple whippings myself. Guess I had the right mix of respect and fear to screw up too much.

Old 01-07-2015, 08:45 AM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
... Never got hit by my Dad was slapped by Mom a few times and Grandma chased me into the cornfeild with a switch. I missed supper that night because I was afraid to come out of the corn.
Clearlyusing a switch these days is punishable!

I got a belt more than once, spanked several times, a ruler at least once that I remember, and probably a few other beatings. When I was around 16 or 17, my dad tried to hit me - I didn't flinch, pushed him back and asked if he wanted more. The was the last time he tried. Still not sure why he did that, I was quite a bit bigger than he was at that time...

Old 01-07-2015, 08:46 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,835 Likes on 19,328 Posts

Corporal punishment made us all better people ( understanding the ramifications of misbehaving and not following directions and rules of the house ) ... as far as the "paddle" goes .... I have a paddle ( painted yellow ) on the bus that is used for crossing the smaller kids ... they get off the bus and wait for me to check and be sure that it is safe to cross ( you'd be surprised how many people run the red stop lights ) once it's clear I hold up the paddle and that signifies that it is safe for them to cross ... For ease of use I added a couple of pieces of velcro to the paddle and attached it to the dashboard so that I can reach it ... One morning on of the dads who is seldom at the bus stop looked and saw the paddle and asked "What do you use that for" ... I sheepishly smiled and answered "Well, what would you use it for?" ... He just smiled then said "Have a great day"

Old 01-07-2015, 08:49 AM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

Only had to spank my kids twice. They knew punishment would be swift and unwavering. They've both gotten into small trouble, but like Zal, I've been lucky.

Old 01-07-2015, 08:56 AM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 834 Likes on 582 Posts

Morning folks. This Wood has been feeling a bit punky the past few days.

Lot's of back reading. Mods being banned, nice trucks and wildlife photography, and a guy with 2 dicks. Wow.

Hope everyone is doing alright.

21 this morning with a brisk breeze that takes the windchill down to about -7. Headed for -1 tonight.

Old 01-07-2015, 08:57 AM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Mornin', Tracy. Is that weather about the norm for KY this time of year?

Old 01-07-2015, 09:03 AM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 834 Likes on 582 Posts

Mornin', Tracy. Is that weather about the norm for KY this time of year?

It pretty far off "average " for us, but it happens sometimes. Usually just lasts a day or two. The old-timers have been saying we're in for a cold winter. Sure glad I don't have to be out feeding cattle in this.

Few years back we got a pretty good cold snap that lasted for a while. I was out busting ice in the stock tanks twice a day for a while.

Quick Reply: TOAK-The Thread of All Knowledge-PeckerWoods IMC.