The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK-The Thread of All Knowledge-PeckerWoods IMC.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 08:18 AM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Originally Posted by OKMICK
.........it is the only business I know of where the customer thinks they know more about it than the pros.
You've obviously never met a pilot.....

I bought a truck from Ardmore Dodge back in 2011.

Old 01-03-2015, 08:18 AM
Helen Wheels
Extreme HDF Member
Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

All's good here krwood ..thank you..colder than usual but I'm not complaining just not used to it ..ok I'm sorry gentlemen for being a butt-in-ski.. but there's 2 sides to the car buying thing..as for the salesman they get paid decent to put up with the public and most people are so stoked to be getting a new car that they really aren't that unpleasant as "joe public" is in places such as walmart..restaurants etc.. on the other hand. I know ive dealt with some ******* car dealers..maybe cuz im a chick and they think I was f---ing born yesterday..but ive left and drove extra miles because of them being such vulchers.not to mention insulting my intellegence

Old 01-03-2015, 08:19 AM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Originally Posted by QC
I don't try to beat anyone up, but I always feel like I need to wiped off and a shower when I'm done.
There are good and bad in every industry, Greg. Really didn't want to go down this road but....most of the time customers go into a dealership with an attitude. You've got the 'I have cash' guy who somehow thinks that means something. You've got the 'I know what my trade is worth' guy who thinks his little cream puff is a retail piece. I went to 2 auctions a week for years, I know what your cream puff is worth, Mr. Customer.

You have the 'my neighbor only paid' guy. Yeah, did he show you the paperwork? Everybody tells ya they paid less for their car and more for their house to impress ya.

Sorry to rant but if you and I go to Walmart and don't like the price of the new TV do we seek out the store manager to let him know what a crook he is?

Go into a dealership, find a vehicle you like, be a gentlemen, have a budget in mind and see how close you can get to your 'perfect' deal. If you pay 500 bucks too much and keep your vehicle 6 or 8 years that's about 40 cents a day....

Old 01-03-2015, 08:20 AM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthpawHD
Yesterday started off fine. Knew a guy who knows a guy, so didn't have to put up with all that sales BS. The night ended fine too, but now seeing the undercarriage rust is disheartening. So didn't sleep last night and several more hours on the interweb, and I'm a bit fed up.

Now gotta skip my little guy's indoor baseball game to drive 45 min south to start my search all over.
Old Honda's don't have rust issues.....

Old 01-03-2015, 08:22 AM
Helen Wheels
Extreme HDF Member
Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by QC
Good morning, Helenwood!
good morning QC!
So what kind of new wheels you wanna get?

Old 01-03-2015, 08:23 AM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Originally Posted by rwhisen
You've obviously never met a pilot.....

I bought a truck from Ardmore Dodge back in 2011.
Sad story about that store. At one time in the '90's it was owned by Bobby Roper who played football at Arkansas. Good guy but wanted to move home. Sold dealership to his GM who wasn't quite as good a business man. He eventually committed suicide. I believe the dealership is now owned by a group out of Carter county along with a couple of others down south.

Old 01-03-2015, 08:24 AM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by OKMICK
There are good and bad in every industry, Greg. Really didn't want to go down this road but....most of the time customers go into a dealership with an attitude. You've got the 'I have cash' guy who somehow thinks that means something. You've got the 'I know what my trade is worth' guy who thinks his little cream puff is a retail piece. I went to 2 auctions a week for years, I know what your cream puff is worth, Mr. Customer.

You have the 'my neighbor only paid' guy. Yeah, did he show you the paperwork? Everybody tells ya they paid less for their car and more for their house to impress ya.

Sorry to rant but if you and I go to Walmart and don't like the price of the new TV do we seek out the store manager to let him know what a crook he is?

Go into a dealership, find a vehicle you like, be a gentlemen, have a budget in mind and see how close you can get to your 'perfect' deal. If you pay 500 bucks too much and keep your vehicle 6 or 8 years that's about 40 cents a day....
I agree..... I deal with those same azzwipes in my business... always trying to jew you down, need to feel like the have the upper hand. Cash... heard that more often than not... taxes are paid whether you pay with a check, credit card or cash... goobermint intervention, some just don't get it!

AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Helen Wheels
All's good here krwood ..thank you..colder than usual but I'm not complaining just not used to it ..ok I'm sorry gentlemen for being a butt-in-ski.. but there's 2 sides to the car buying thing..as for the salesman they get paid decent to put up with the public and most people are so stoked to be getting a new car that they really aren't that unpleasant as "joe public" is in places such as walmart..restaurants etc.. on the other hand. I know ive dealt with some ******* car dealers..maybe cuz im a chick and they think I was f---ing born yesterday..but ive left and drove extra miles because of them being such vulchers.not to mention insulting my intellegence

You and my wife think alike on this, we've went in to buy stuff whether cars, stereo gear or anything for her and the salesman will ignore her and talk to me.

She just walks out them, done it more times than I can remember.

23 degree's here today, all next week is going to be under 18 for the high.

Seems most the country is cold right now.

Morning all..

Al

SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by QC
I don't try to beat anyone up, but I always feel like I need to wiped off and a shower when I'm done.
Originally Posted by krwould
I have had some bad experience with dealers and salesmen/ women... When I do go out to buy a vehicle I buy one.... most sales men/ women understand that shortly afterwards, that's just me.....
Uhhhh yep!

Old 01-03-2015, 08:25 AM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

I know, Mick. Just seems to be a frustrating experience. Gloria will be in the market this Spring. Always try to go in with a decent attitude.

Quick Reply: TOAK-The Thread of All Knowledge-PeckerWoods IMC.