The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK-The Thread of All Knowledge-PeckerWoods IMC.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 07:41 AM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by LiiT
Although not as much these days, this is tobacco country after all. I have never raised it but I sure put in some time working in the fields as a young man. I live in the foothills of the Appalachians and poverty is still very much an issue. It seems like it's the lower income folks who now days tend toward this sort of thing.

Some 80% of the folks in this county receive some form of govt. assistance whether it be food or fuel allowances.

Hard drug use is an issue with prescription pills and meth being predominate, but heroin seems to be coming on mostly because it's cheaper.
Even with all the ginseng farming??? I'm kidding of course. But wow, that's a tough part of the country.

Old 01-02-2015, 07:44 AM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Morning Woods, Woodettes, twigs and lurkers. The missus and i will be observing the date of our marriage today X 29. She has to work (patients are always sick) so that leaves me unsupervised for the bulk of the day! Good thing I am not in the market for a new RG but I have always loved that CVO Road King but I could never sell the one I have because that's the one my daughter and I would ride.

Neener neener to the Alabama fans today.

Old 01-02-2015, 07:50 AM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 834 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthpawHD
Even with all the ginseng farming??? I'm kidding of course. But wow, that's a tough part of the country.

LOL Some of those shows crack me up.

I wish I still had some pics of the little house I spent part of my childhood in. You probably wouldn't even store your bike in a structure like that. Four rooms, no inside plumbing and when the wind blew hard enough the curtains would raise up even with the windows down. It had newspaper plastered to the walls for insulation. LOL

But believe it or not, we were happy. I know it's an old cliché, but I didn't know we were poor until I got older.

Well, off to get ready to go to the funeral home. Check in later!

Old 01-02-2015, 07:51 AM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member

Congrats Roland on 29 years!!!

So the wife is a nurse. What do you do?

Wow, that King must be a special bike. But that does simplify things when you go to the dealership, no need to look at the other ones.

Old 01-02-2015, 07:51 AM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27,810 Likes on 6,493 Posts

Morning Woods.

Congrats on reining in that Demon Greg. Good to hear success stories. I've been lucky. Been around drugs all my life, and never had that monkey latch on to me. Latched on to various loved ones though. Had a cousin that was like a brother to me. Meth destroyed him. Had me jacked up on more than one occasion just for being with him.

When you're handcuffed face down on the road on a hot day, with cops going thru you and your bike, it's time to reconsider riding with him. Funny thing is, he HAD drugs on him that time, and they didn't find them.

Congrats again on being sober. Hopefully you were able to reconnect with family you had lost....

Old 01-02-2015, 07:52 AM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by LiiT
LOL Some of those shows crack me up.

I wish I still had some pics of the little house I spent part of my childhood in. You probably wouldn't even store your bike in a structure like that. Four rooms, no inside plumbing and when the wind blew hard enough the curtains would raise up even with the windows down. It had newspaper plastered to the walls for insulation. LOL
That sounds like my apartment in college, but we had indoor plumbing. But when that wind would blow, better hold on to your hat.

Old 01-02-2015, 07:56 AM
Juan L

Originally Posted by SouthpawHD
Congrats Roland on 29 years!!!

So the wife is a nurse. What do you do?

Wow, that King must be a special bike. But that does simplify things when you go to the dealership, no need to look at the other ones.
SouthWood I am an airplane mechanic. Not saying I would not buy another bike, I would just never trade the one I have.

Old 01-02-2015, 07:57 AM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27,810 Likes on 6,493 Posts

Happy Anniversary Russ!

Gotta slide into town and find my guys and get em paid. Missed some work this week....

Old 01-02-2015, 07:59 AM
Juan L

Originally Posted by LoneBone
Happy Anniversary Russ!

Gotta slide into town and find my guys and get em paid. Missed some work this week....
Thanks Jack. You down for a ride to Sturgis?

Old 01-02-2015, 08:04 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Happy NEW YEAR, congrats Russwood. First day of the work week, last day of the work week. Looks like the Big Ten kicked some but in the bowl games, wish I could say the same for the Lions. Oh well on to Dallas. I think a few people held out on their Christmas gifts for their families because we are getting hammered with orders. You would think most people would have went through their disposable income during the Holidays. Whatever, works for me.

Quick Reply: TOAK-The Thread of All Knowledge-PeckerWoods IMC.