The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK-The Thread of All Knowledge-PeckerWoods IMC.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 10:41 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
Hey ahh BOO BOO I'mma gonna up my post count.
You wont get my respect till you reach 5000 but after you hit 20,000 you loose it again.

Old 03-06-2014, 10:41 AM
Jack Sullivan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 181 Likes on 133 Posts

"I don't know (if they were men or women fans running naked across the field). They had bags over their heads" Yogi Berra

Old 03-06-2014, 10:45 AM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Remember when in older cars, your odometer rolled back to zero after you hit 99,999?

Old 03-06-2014, 10:45 AM
CVN-65
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
You wont get my respect till you reach 5000 but after you hit 20,000 you loose it again.
Ah, where does that leave you?

Old 03-06-2014, 10:46 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by CVN-65
Ah, where does that leave you?
I have no self respect. I dont even listin to the crap that comes out of my mouth.

Old 03-06-2014, 10:47 AM
CVN-65
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no self respect. I dont even listin to the crap that comes out of my mouth.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:21 AM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 610 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by bobg03
Easy big fella, put the keyboard back in its holster I wasn't insulting you.

I was making a sarcastic statement about the thread...sorry if I offended you.

By the highlighted part of your post you imply that you can usually get a good idea...sounds kinda judgemental to me...but hey I've always been an *** but now I feel empowered I've been promoted to *** Clown...

Based on that sentence it tells me that IS what you said..So I understood that if my post count were higher I'd be what, an even bigger *** clown.
It's called a response in kind, it has nothing to do with offending or insulting. You make a smart *** comment expect a smart *** response.

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound when you say something about "put the keyboard back in the holster"? Usually people say that when they are refering to a person as a keyboard bad ***, but people who love to go around making smart *** comments use that as a catch all response when they are called out.

Nothing I said was tough or even remotely warranted the phrase "put your keyboard back in your holster". People just use the internet tough guy response is a catch all when they don't have a legitimate reply.

If you read my post in its totality you would see that I said there are anomalies, meaning there would be people that do exactly what you say. I also used the word "usually" to mean its not 100% and just something to gauge.

The only thing that is obvious about being sensitive (get offended and insulted) is you and your post count. I apologize, from now on I'll make sure everyone has there big boy pants on before I give an opinion.

Last edited by 1BRAVO9; 03-06-2014 at 11:28 AM.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:34 AM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,529 Likes on 1,424 Posts

We need a poll, or something.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:50 AM
bobg03
Road Master
Received 240 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
It's called a response in kind, it has nothing to do with offending or insulting. You make a smart *** comment expect a smart *** response.

I did say I was sorry for using your post for my sarcastic comment...

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound when you say something about "put the keyboard back in the holster"? Usually people say that when they are refering to a person as a keyboard bad ***, but people who love to go around making smart *** comments use that as a catch all response when they are called out.

I was being sarcastic when you called me a name...

Nothing I said was tough or even remotely warranted the phrase "put your keyboard back in your holster". People just use the internet tough guy response is a catch all when they don't have a legitimate reply.

It was a way of politely (IMHO) responding to being called an *** Clown..no harm no foul to my feelings...

If you read my post in its totality you would see that I said there are anomalies, meaning there would be people that do exactly what you say. I also used the word "usually" to mean its not 100% and just something to gauge.

I did that's why I apoligized for the use of your comment..

The only thing that is obvious about being sensitive (get offended and insulted) is you and your post count. I apologize, from now on I'll make sure everyone has there big boy pants on before I give an opinion.

We could have a lot of laughs cause you're as sarcastic as I am, admit it now at least my apology was meant to be sincere, WTH kinda apology was that one?

I'm not a tuff guy, I'm a whacked out railroader who loves the Ol'Lady, Life, Riding and Fishing.....That's why my post count is low.

Momma had eye surgery so I got a few days off from railroading, thought this site was a good place to spend some of that time I never had. Oh, and up my post count...

Old 03-06-2014, 11:50 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

I'm a vendor my post count works backwards, I start with 20,000 and then it starts counting down when I get to zero I have to pay more money.

Quick Reply: TOAK-The Thread of All Knowledge-PeckerWoods IMC.