The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK-The Thread of All Knowledge-PeckerWoods IMC.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 01:49 PM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by rwhisen
SouthWood-My King is an '09. I've added the JRI B's to the rear, reworked the forks with Race Tech springs and Fabrik8er altered Intiminator valves. If MarkWood gets off his butt and gets my package in the mail I'm going to install a new Baker Primary Chain Tensioner. I am running Kerker Stouts mufflers changing over from a set of V&H Super Uber Loud Ear Bleeders. SE air filter with K&N element and S&S cover. I also have a Power Vision Tuner and a JAG 10 row low mount oil cooler.

This winter I am concentrating on some new cams, Woods 222, lifters and pushrods. I want a little more power at my cruising RPM of 2500-2700 and I think this cam will fit right in.

Everything else is pretty much comfort, convenience and appearance mods. Air Hawk II, modded my seat some with a gel pad that didn't really help much for me, Zumo 665 GPS cause I listen to music while I ride and it has weather and traffic, Roland Sands Design Nostalgia Derby, points and front master cylinder covers. BAL-1 tail light. LRS 20" Recurve windshield.
Well done!

Instead of the Airhawk, I went with an Alaska Leather sheepskin cover, and have good success with that. I personally like loud pipes, so my V&H ProPipe is nice, although it could be louder.

I am interested in cams too, but likely in 2 years, as I want the tuner next year.

Tell me about the Zumo - if you are listening to tunes, where are your speakers?

Old 08-27-2014, 01:56 PM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthpawHD
Well done!

Instead of the Airhawk, I went with an Alaska Leather sheepskin cover, and have good success with that. I personally like loud pipes, so my V&H ProPipe is nice, although it could be louder.

I am interested in cams too, but likely in 2 years, as I want the tuner next year.

Tell me about the Zumo - if you are listening to tunes, where are your speakers?
I have the Alaska sheepskin too (hope Izzo is not watching) and I use it around town mostly. It didn't work for me for long distance. The Zumo can either pair to a Bluetooth earbuds or you can just plug them into it. The good part is that if I have a destination selected it will pause the music to give me directions based on fastest time or traffic. It also warns me if I there is rain nearby or wet roads.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:57 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,835 Likes on 19,328 Posts

How much longer are you going to be there NorthWood?
Til the cows come home ????

Old 08-27-2014, 02:09 PM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
All right boy call'um home, heeeerrreeee bossy, bossy bossy heeere bossy.

Old 08-27-2014, 02:12 PM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member

I have the Alaska sheepskin too (hope Izzo is not watching) and I use it around town mostly. It didn't work for me for long distance. The Zumo can either pair to a Bluetooth earbuds or you can just plug them into it. The good part is that if I have a destination selected it will pause the music to give me directions based on fastest time or traffic. It also warns me if I there is rain nearby or wet roads.
Well now that you said his name, he is all ears

I currently just use my iPhone and earbuds, but the wires are kind of a pain, so bluetooth might be next.

Old 08-27-2014, 02:22 PM
Banned

No tunes on the Fatboy I just listen to the voices in my head.

Ummm I'm not sure what happened while I was at lunch but my new thread got moved FROM the BS section and TO the general chat. That kind of seems backwards for something created by a peckerwood.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 09-10-2015 at 08:54 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:36 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,835 Likes on 19,328 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
Ummm I'm not sure what happened while I was at lunch but my new thread got moved FROM the BS section and TO the general chat. That kind of seems backwards for something created by a peckerwood.
Izzo's pissed 'cuz someone posted a goat and didn't tell him???

Old 08-27-2014, 03:02 PM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,917 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
I hope the cows come home tomorrow because we wrap up around 4 PM Thursday. Then home to hopefully get some riding in over the weekend.....if we don't get drenched.

SouthWood-My King is an '09. This winter I am concentrating on some new cams, Woods 222, lifters and pushrods..............or I might trade for a 2014 RK CVO.
Russwood......fixed it for you. :-)

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 09-10-2015 at 08:56 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:12 PM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member

There's no goats here

Old 08-27-2014, 03:18 PM
Banned

I had a GOATee once.

Quick Reply: TOAK-The Thread of All Knowledge-PeckerWoods IMC.