The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK-The Thread of All Knowledge-PeckerWoods IMC.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 10:06 PM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by QC
Yup, Saddle Rock Golf Club. Arapahoe and Himalaya. Going to try to play it this summer yet.
Only played it once but it was a nice course. Just to rich for my blood. Used to walk out to their driving range at night though and fill a back pack up with ***** to hit the next day.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:09 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

That's hysterical.
It's about $65 for around now. I keep hearing about the decline in popularity in golf. Couldn't judge that around here, almost impossible to get on most courses at a decent time.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:22 PM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member

65 ain't bad, not sure what is was when I played there. I lived in those apartments 03-04 time frame when the course was pretty new. Wife was in college and I just got out of the Marine Corps and was working 70 hours a week at 8 bucks an hour. Didn't have 2 pennies to rub together back then.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:24 PM
Verelsian
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

It is a good moon out tonight, just in time for the crazies....

Old 08-09-2014, 10:27 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

That's a pretty normal rate around here right now. A few more, a few less. Only been golfing a few years now, so can't say what it was then.

Originally Posted by Verelsian
It is a good moon out tonight, just in time for the crazies....
Last time for a while, hope they get their money's worth.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 09-06-2015 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:39 PM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27,846 Likes on 6,494 Posts

Damn....

Sister went into the hospital yesterday, and although she's doing better yesterday was hectic, what with payroll, and not being able to figure and bid on a job like I was supposed to.

Then I have an old friend who is like a brother. He calls and is in a bit of a rough stretch. Long story. Anyway, he needs to borrow some money. We decide to hook up today, so since it's a Sat, I decide to give him cash. We meet in a parking lot, I'm on my Harley, he's in his truck. I give him an envelope with $3,000 cash in it, and the next thing I know Barney Fife slides up, puts his hand on his gun (never drew it), and orders me off the bike, and to put our hands on our heads.

Asks what's in the envelope. I say $3,000 cash. He says for what? A loan I said, getting a bit pissed at this point. Back up arrives and they ask my bud if they can search his truck. He is big time AGAINST what he considers unlawful searches, so he says NO....

Whoooooo booooy....

I'm tired, drinking Crown as we speak. Long story short, no cuffs, no jail, but damn Barney, fight some real crime!!!!

Old 08-09-2014, 10:40 PM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by QC
That's a pretty normal rate around here right now. A few more, a few less. Only been golfing a few years now, so can't say what it was then.
One of the good things about working for the old gubment is the cheap fees at all their courses. It's been a couple years since I've been able to play but twilight hours start before anybody gets off work and it was like 15 bucks and you could play as much as you wanted. Used to go out and play 27 holes almost everyday after work.

Originally Posted by LoneBone
Damn....

Sister went into the hospital yesterday, and although she's doing better yesterday was hectic, what with payroll, and not being able to figure and bid on a job like I was supposed to.

Then I have an old friend who is like a brother. He calls and is in a bit of a rough stretch. Long story. Anyway, he needs to borrow some money. We decide to hook up today, so since it's a Sat, I decide to give him cash. We meet in a parking lot, I'm on my Harley, he's in his truck. I give him an envelope with $3,000 cash in it, and the next thing I know Barney Fife slides up, puts his hand on his gun (never drew it), and orders me off the bike, and to put our hands on our heads.

Asks what's in the envelope. I say $3,000 cash. He says for what? A loan I said, getting a bit pissed at this point. Back up arrives and they ask my bud if they can search his truck. He is big time AGAINST what he considers unlawful searches, so he says NO....

Whoooooo booooy....

I'm tired, drinking Crown as we speak. Long story short, no cuffs, no jail, but damn Barney, fight some real crime!!!!
Damn I feel for yah man but I gotta admit I got a good laugh outa that. I can only imagine the headlines going through officer Fife's head when he rolled up on you.

Hope all is well with your sis and it wasn't something serious.

Originally Posted by LoneBone
No worries. Now, I'm tired, so do me a favor and post a pic or 2...
Sure thing. Here's one of the all time greats.

And a nudder.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 09-06-2015 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:57 PM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Uncle Chester
Damn I feel for yah man but I gotta admit I got a good laugh outa that. I can only imagine the headlines going through officer Fife's head when he rolled up on you.

Hope all is well with your sis and it wasn't something serious.
No worries. Now, I'm tired, so do me a favor and post a pic or 2...

Old 08-09-2014, 11:05 PM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member

Old 08-09-2014, 11:06 PM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member

Never seen that pic of Salma before! Well done!!

Quick Reply: TOAK-The Thread of All Knowledge-PeckerWoods IMC.