The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How "Bad" Are We ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 09:23 PM
FatBuell
Road Warrior
Received 322 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by zeus33
I thought you were a woman. The first few posts I saw of yours you were talking about riding into Canada but were afraid of the bears. You used to have a picture of a woman on your avatar pic, I thought it was you.

lol.
Not gonna kid you, was thinking the same. Hanging out in a coffee shop threw me off I suppose. lol

Old 05-28-2014, 04:36 PM
Ratbike_Mike
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You'd be surprised at how little people will change their thoughts of you even after they learn about the "real you", if only because image is everything to those people to begin with.

My sister in law is the quintessential "compete with the Jonse's" type who constantly worries what the neighbors would think of her every move. Her first impression of me was that of a typical broke, dirt-bag loser due to my appearance, which didn't change much after she learned I'm just as educated and actually make more money than her (aside from being nicer to me out of the public's eye).

You see, as far as the people she's trying to impress are concerned, to them I'm still the typical dirt-bag loser upon first impressions. So, for her to be seen associating with me would imply to those other "image is everything" people that she's the type to associate with the dirty, broke and uneducated. That simply cannot be allowed, therefor I continue to be handled as if I am the loser.

Old 05-28-2014, 05:56 PM
GrumpyBear
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think people think you are a middle aged to older guy that bought into "It's not the destination but the journey". Why do I think that? Because the odds are with me as it covers about 80 or so out of 100 on the back of a HD these days. As a rule it seems to me that only Pirates and Posers seem to have these kind of concerns so if you are not one then you might want to forget about it and just ride the bike.

Old 06-12-2014, 08:42 AM
norton
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ape_Hanger
I'm pretty hardcore. I drink black coffee at all hours of the day. Sometimes I forget to take my Prilosec and Zyrtec in the morning and will just skip it till the next day. I wear shorts year round, except when I ride, then I wear jeans. I nodded to a 1%er at a stop light once when he pulled up next to me. He nodded back. Today, the yogurt I ate was one day past the "best if consumed by" date. I hardly ever wear a coat. I've worn the same pair of underwear to work two days in a row on more than one occasion. I have a favorite tax preparer at H&R Block. His name is Jim. He's like 75. I've pee'd in a swimming pool as an adult. Don't hate, you don't even know me.
We do now.

Old 06-12-2014, 08:57 AM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Originally Posted by Ape_Hanger
I'm pretty hardcore. I drink black coffee at all hours of the day. Sometimes I forget to take my Prilosec and Zyrtec in the morning and will just skip it till the next day. I wear shorts year round, except when I ride, then I wear jeans. I nodded to a 1%er at a stop light once when he pulled up next to me. He nodded back. Today, the yogurt I ate was one day past the "best if consumed by" date. I hardly ever wear a coat. I've worn the same pair of underwear to work two days in a row on more than one occasion. I have a favorite tax preparer at H&R Block. His name is Jim. He's like 75. I've pee'd in a swimming pool as an adult. Don't hate, you don't even know me.
Ape_Hanger is so hardcore, he uses aerosol cans i a manner other than what is suggested on the manufacturers label! [This might have to spin off to a different thread]

Old 06-12-2014, 11:21 AM
fissco1234
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You can learn the truth about a person faster if you close your eyes and listen then you ever will if you plug your ears and look.

Old 06-15-2014, 09:39 AM
tazaroo
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Only those sporting a "get back whip" secured to their bike have attained the true level of "bad ***".

Old 06-15-2014, 09:45 AM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,498 Likes on 1,076 Posts

Originally Posted by Allison Wunderland
But I often wonder what other people are thinking ???

Who cares what they think?

Old 06-19-2014, 04:12 PM
billatstarbrite
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sometimes wonder if some of the guys around these parts (South Florida) who dress all badazz are wearing Spiderman Underoos under all that leather.

I don't quite get the whole Get Back Whip thing either. I'd be afraid the damn thing would get caught in the spokes.

To each their own and dress in what makes you happy. I don't care what you do or think and I'm sure you return the favor.

Last edited by billatstarbrite; 06-19-2014 at 04:14 PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:29 AM
jakenok
Elite HDF Member
Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

you never know just how you look in other people's eyes....

Quick Reply: How "Bad" Are We ???