The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 07:13 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Bye KR, doc
wassup AL??

Old 05-31-2014, 07:49 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Originally Posted by firefighter616
Bye KR, doc
wassup AL??
Sorry , HerBeeDO...hadda SSS, Pledge my leathers, soften my gloves...ya know that kinda crap. What's up?

Old 05-31-2014, 08:07 AM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ultracan
Keep riding until you are in a better mood
Originally Posted by gs34doc
See...There ya go!!!
Originally Posted by krwould
Ain't enuf road....
Then do them twice.
Dr. Scot prescribes one long trip to the Canadian Rockies and back with friends.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:09 AM
scoteh
Club Member

Getting ready to go act like a stone mason again. Covered up the column because of all the booming around me yesterday, but no rain here. Foggy this morning.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:49 AM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

Good AM.
Went for a ride after work yesterday for a couple hours into the bald *** prairies.
So I'm blasting along and just as I,m getting beside one of those rolling irrigation sprayers, the end cap comes off and water shoots out the side all over me and the road.
What are the chances?
Water was flying 30 feet in the air and anyone coming along after me was in for a quick shower.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:25 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Babysittin last night, 'bout 9pm daughter called, taking friend to hospital, gonna be real late, told her jus don't worry, I'll put him to bed. She got in about 8:30 this morning so I can take a breather for a bit before playing with the skeeters that seem to be staying out later in the day. Got enuf veggies in the ground to fill both freezers if it grows like it oughta, but still got over 100 plants to put out in the auxiliary plots down the hill. At least the back has quit hurting when I straighten up, and I wasn't even stiff this mornin, gettin used to it.

I know some of you guys are pretty mechanically inclined. So I will ask you a question that I have been thinking about lately.
I am looking for a generalized life span for the brakes on my bike. I know that you can look at them and see the wear, but I am just looking (mileage wise) for an average life expectancy under average riding conditions for the brakes on my bike.
Originally Posted by gs34doc
Mike, I don't know about those Brembos on thev 08s & up....My brakes are different. I'll ask a couple of the geezers today and report back.
I know they seem to last a long time...and the new pads are so thin, they look worn out before ya even use them.
They last a long time for me, but I don't use em much, don't do that cram on the brakes to drop 50mph just before hitting a curve like in my younger days, just coast/gear down sooner now. Don't know about thinner pads, mebbe that's just for the newer bikes. I use EBC or Lyndall pads on everything, wonder if they're thicker than OEM. I've heard some guys say they seldom use the fronts, think that would wear out the rears pretty quick.

Oh I forgot. I have to take my bike in. On the very first stop on the trip, I gave my Buddy the CD that I was listening to and my radio quit working. Everything appeared to be working normal, but no sound. I think maybe the amp?
I fixed my radio/cb/tape player/intercom by making the bike several pounds lighter...

Originally Posted by krwould
Don't take much to entertain the ole folks......
Peace and quiet with no wimen around does it for me.

Originally Posted by skidder
Good AM.
Went for a ride after work yesterday for a couple hours into the bald *** prairies.
So I'm blasting along and just as I,m getting beside one of those rolling irrigation sprayers, the end cap comes off and water shoots out the side all over me and the road.
What are the chances?
Water was flying 30 feet in the air and anyone coming along after me was in for a quick shower.
My weirdest one was a Huey helicopter landing on the shoulder, was too quick and close to stop before I went under the blades, woulda had a head on if anyone had been coming in the other lane, almost blew off the road on the other side. Stopped and looked back and the crazy bachturd flew away, so it wasn't a mechanical problem. Skydiver almost kicked me in the head once, but that was off roading. Still kind of a weird feeling, seeing boots pass in front of yer face miles from any road. Wus a woman, figures...

Old 05-31-2014, 10:49 AM
scoteh
Club Member

Laid enough rocks to get within 6-8" of the top, which is when I ran out of mortar, so I stopped for the day. I have a bunch of quartz I am going to paste on the sides, so when I am ready to do that, I'll finish the rest.

That up and down, picking up different rocks to try to fit in spots done wore me out. If I ever do something like this again, I think I'll look for some pumice to use.

Old 05-31-2014, 10:50 AM
scoteh
Club Member

Mikee, right about now, that instant shower you got sounds pretty good! Better that than the cap falling off the bottom of a rendering truck.

Old 05-31-2014, 10:51 AM
scoteh
Club Member

Moldy the vegetable man.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:30 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by scoteh
Moldy the vegetable man.
Trouble with growing your own, store stuff tastes so bland. Restaurant BLT's that cost a lotta money are something I'd be ashamed to serve at home - when the mater's are in season.

Daughter rescued me awhile ago. It's 85 out right now, humadity must be about that or more, too. Was well into physical distress out there when she called and said she got a flat on her bike over a mile away. Short ride with the cage ac blowing hard on me wus just what I needed. She didn't complain about it, either. Storm moving in this afternoon, gotta spread some straw and get the last of the seeds in before then. Yeah, planting some seeds this year, all the cucumber sprouts died for some reason. I don't like em, grow em for the gf and give the surplus to the neighbors.