The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 09:51 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by hagger
Useta hate winter but I don't take to that heat so good no more.
Heat's always been more uncomfortable to me than cold. Had a few painful episodes in cold, but never lasted hours like I've had with heat. Spent a lot of my life feeling slimy from the sweat. A few years in the humid south, 12 years Arizona, and that tropical vacation across the Pacific. I don't like all that goes with snow, but the temp doesn't bother me that much. Long as I got clothes for it. Ideal temp for me is 60-65. Purrfect riding weather. When it's dry...

Old 03-12-2014, 09:57 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by ultracan
Florida is OK, but I like Arizona better. The riding in Arizona is awesome.

Yeah, was fun to take a break from the heat up in the snow. And be warm again a couple hour's drive back south outta the mountains. On your Arizona list, forgot to add valley fever. Test showed I'd had it, but didn't have any symptoms. Gave the wife fits for a while. Doesn't kill a whole lot of people...

Old 03-12-2014, 10:03 AM
hagger
Banned
Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

No work today. Try again tomorrow.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:14 AM
hagger
Banned

Originally Posted by Imold
Heat's always been more uncomfortable to me than cold. Had a few painful episodes in cold, but never lasted hours like I've had with heat. Spent a lot of my life feeling slimy from the sweat. A few years in the humid south, 12 years Arizona, and that tropical vacation across the Pacific. I don't like all that goes with snow, but the temp doesn't bother me that much. Long as I got clothes for it. Ideal temp for me is 60-65. Purrfect riding weather. When it's dry...
Took basic in January at Ft. Dix. Outside from before the sun to sundown or after every day. Friggin cooolld. Drill sargent was always tellin us nobody made our dumb asses join the army in the winter. lol Was always glad I didn't do it in the summer tho. Think that 8 weeks in the cold got me more use to it & like you said, you can always dress for it. Good riding temps for me are between high 30's & low 80's. These 20 + year old gloves I got are great for those 30's rides.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:18 AM
hagger
Banned

Wires inside my phone charger broke. Had to take the thing apart & re-solder'em. Works good again. Damn tiny assed little ****. lol

Old 03-12-2014, 10:24 AM
hagger
Banned

Last edited by hagger; 03-12-2014 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:25 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by hagger
Wires inside my phone charger broke. Had to take the thing apart & re-solder'em. Works good again. Damn tiny assed little ****. lol
I took basic at Ft. Polk, LA, April-May, bit of June. Couldn't have timed it better, though i wasn't thinking of it when I enlisted. April mornings were on the cool side, got warm towards the end.

Airbus jets used lots of tiny wires, even in places like landing gear where you'd expect something more robust. Were a misery to fix in a lot of places. When they broke or the insulation wore through, wasn't any patching; you pull the wire out and put a new one in (though I've seen it when it was worked on in another country, or even budget shops in the U.S. - even seen wire twisted together and some tape over it - inna airplane!). Easier to work on something like 14 or 12 gauge housewire. 8, even 10, gets a bit tough to handle, though. Doubt we live long enough to see it widespread, but I think there's a good chance there'll be wireless power someday.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:59 AM
coastie56
Grand HDF Member

Received 399 Likes on 333 Posts

OOps sorry for checkin in late. Got one of those terrible early mornin' phone calls. My brother in law, the ones livin' with us cuz of a frozen pipe issue (30 grand worth!) is was in an accident last night (evidently the other driver ran a red light) and has a broken hand and his wife has a broken sternum. We attempted to get to the hospital this am but had to turn around in the bad weather so stayed for a couple hours in a restaurant till rush hour was over. We probably got 6 inches so far and still coming down, on track to break the all time snow record by tomorrow morning. Thank God for the Mobil One 5W 20 in the snow blower and my cars. Hard to believe it was 53 degrees at 5 o'clock yesterday when I went on my first ride of the season! 2014 sucks the big one so far. Already made the attorney appointment, let the games begin. BIL is bummed big time, no house, car totalled, can't get to his Harley and worse of all...Can't touch the Ols boobies for at least 6 weeks. thank God I got lots of room and did tell him he could rub my man-***** occasionaly but absolutely no spoonin' or reach arounds! LMFAO! He was laffin so hard he was cryin and he said the pain from all his injuries was killin' him. Just because I got him to buy a Harley and take up golfin doesn't mean I can resist exploited a weak spot or two....just sayin'...I am a poser after all....

Old 03-12-2014, 12:08 PM
hagger
Banned

Originally Posted by Imold
I think there's a good chance there'll be wireless power someday.
Crazy...

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI-ealak9b.jpg

Old 03-12-2014, 12:22 PM
coastie56
Grand HDF Member

Received 399 Likes on 333 Posts

If I wasn't in the first stages of old-timers the first thing I'd do is mount one of those to the grudge door opener through a bluetooth microswitch in the seat of my Harley to deter thieves, but I'd prolly furgit to turn the durn thing off. Think of the fun ya could have in the adult toy bizzness! All the gals would have hair like Mrs Franenstien! (Thats FrankenSTEEN). She'd be hittin' the high notes (You light up my life...) in no time!HAHAHA