The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 09:58 PM
coastie56
Grand HDF Member

Received 399 Likes on 333 Posts

Hope you all had a good day and a have a good night. Finished up some issues today so might have a nice day tomorrow. Later...

Old 05-21-2014, 09:59 PM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 895 Likes on 633 Posts

Looks like the weather is gonna be decent thru the holiday weekend.
Not callin for any precip after tomorrow thru Monday.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:05 PM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Big day for tires. After talking to Ucan this morning, I started checking prices....Got them all wrote down andwent down to see The King....I need a full set...front & rear this change. After we talked it over coffee, Biker Bob decided he needed 2 rears...both his bikes need rears...and Joe needs a full set.
So, we all came home and ordered tires....Got the notice...mine are shipped & will be here Friday.
Then, I heard about e-bay getting hacked, so I went to all my different sites I visit and changed all my passwords.
Now tomorrow I probably won't be able to get into any of them!!

Old 05-21-2014, 11:08 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Wotta day. Fixen on the van, and the little guy to help. #1 oxy sensor wus giving an error code, and gas mileage wenta hell. Taking a trip soon that will will put this year's mileage above last year's already, don't need to get 17-18 mpg like I did to Mom's funeral. Sensor took about an hour to figure out how to get a tool on the special socket to get the leverage to turn it. That wus the easy part... The connector is down under the windshield, way low on the frame, but unreachable from below. Shove left arm over motor, barely reach it, then twist the body around as much as possible without breaking the arm and jam the right arm as far as I can through a buncha sharp stuf peeling skin, and then... like so many of these damned plugs, pushing the release don't release it. Extricate the arms, get a small sidecutter (non pc term, dikes), insert arms again - right arm is lubricated now, slides in easier - and cut the retaining crap offa the plug and yank it out. Going back in wus easy, and unlike "professional" outfits like dealers and manufacturers, I made liberal use of anti seize on the sensor and plenty of silicon grease on the connector. Just in case...

That's the **** poorly designed connector, with the red tab. To add aggravation to injury, it has two insert and not come out prongs on the backside that hang on to the frame for dear life. I cuddn't see this thing, so snuck a camera down there to see what the hell I wus getting into. There's a spot a few inches away I could see and reach easy, but do engineers care?

ARGGHH! Photobucket says sorry, no pics tonight. Phttttttt!

Topped off the ac, too, last couple years needs a can to start the summer off. Cheaper than tearing into the system. Little guy's arms weren't long enuf to reach that oxy sensor (my ape arms barely made it, bet it'd be a real pain for someone under 6'), but the ac fill is right in front. He said, "Gwampa, this is too cowd to howd!", so I showed him the trick of putting it inna tub of warm water - goes quicker that way, too. He thought that was neat. Yeah, he has twouble with L's, and sometimes R's.

ARGGHH! Forum changed the pic layout, can't link to the pics anymore - that I can figure out anyway. Darn, thought I'd put the kid's pics there. Phttttttt!

Well, mebbe tomorrow I can fill a page with pitchers.

Beer in the freezer should be cold by now, back to my movie - "Stalingrad", watching in Russian 'cause the English voiceover sucks. That's one rough war movie.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:14 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Changing the tires yourself? I decided with my collection, that used changer would be worth the money. It is, love that thing. Reminds me, gotta get a front for the Glide (already got the back), and a pair for the daughter's Nighthawk. Would you believe Honda used a size nobody else does? Ain't gonna pay dealer price, so putting next size up tires on it. What it has now, so I know they fit.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:17 PM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I've read a couple books about Stalingrad. That must have been really really brutal!!!! There were a couple of female Russian snipers involved who killed hundreds of German soldiers.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:22 PM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by Imold
Changing the tires yourself? I decided with my collection, that used changer would be worth the money. It is, love that thing. Reminds me, gotta get a front for the Glide (already got the back), and a pair for the daughter's Nighthawk. Would you believe Honda used a size nobody else does? Ain't gonna pay dealer price, so putting next size up tires on it. What it has now, so I know they fit.
Yep...one of my buds has a tire machine (he used to own a repair business) so, that makes it easy. I just take 'em over to his place and it only takes a few minutes to change'em. Plus, I've got a 2nd set of wheels, so I'll just mount them up, then change'em out when they are run out.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:44 PM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by gs34doc
Yep...one of my buds has a tire machine (he used to own a repair business) so, that makes it easy. I just take 'em over to his place and it only takes a few minutes to change'em. Plus, I've got a 2nd set of wheels, so I'll just mount them up, then change'em out when they are run out.
Wouldn't that be nice?

My Tires came in

Old 05-22-2014, 04:51 AM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 147 Posts

All Ya'll sleeping in AGAIN!!!!!!

You are all a bunch of morningputzes!!!!

Old 05-22-2014, 05:37 AM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I'm up I'm UP..sheeeesh!!!!!....