The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 08:32 AM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,315 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Offta my next stop... coffee break.... all thius shuffling is wearin me down... laaaater!

Old 05-20-2014, 08:48 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Originally Posted by krwould
Back part I cut with the lawnmower, slipped and went tumblin down the hill.. surprisingly enough the front wasn't too bad.
That gr*ss cuttin' is dangerous....were ya wearin' a helmet?

Old 05-20-2014, 09:03 AM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Here ya go, Al. Amongst all those darn trees is a bunch of gr@ss. This is about 1/3 of the lot.

Old 05-20-2014, 09:05 AM
scoteh
Club Member

Oh, and that's a winter shot. In the summer you won't see near that much ground. I certainly do not cut all of it.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:05 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken Fortunato
We picked up a bunch of 'em (757's), to replaced the 727's that we literally gave away, or scrapped... I was involved in the 727 surplus project as well.

I agree with you on Airbus. Seems like everyone hates 'em... We've got quite a few A300's and A310's... Let's just say, "they're being phased out", and good riddance to 'em! Twins are the stuff, as long as they are Boeing... The only non-twins left in the fleet are a few DC10-30's and a few MD11's...

I don't think that I can mention the A/L I work for on an open forum, but I can say that "we don't fly people"... At this point, after 33 years there, I'm a salary guy, in the A/C parts end of A/C Mx...

When I was in ATL, one of Delta's training hangars was directly across the street from us. They had a gorgeous DC3 sitting out front...
I'm surprised your outfit hung on to those 3 holers so long, real gas guzzlers. Fine plane otherwise. Lotta advantages to flying planes without a bunch of seats in them, often wonder if I'd accepted a job offer at Fed Ex back in... 78, I think, how life would have gone without the strikes, layoffs, and constant war between unions and management - and the buyouts and mergers and all the re-inventing the wheel stuff that went with that. Last 20 years with airlines, seemed they couldn't run out of ideas to waste money, most of which had been tried and failed before.

I got a tour through the Delta maintenance facility (huge!) a few years ago, made everywhere I'd worked look like something out of ancient history. Didn't see the DC3, maybe it wasn't there yet. I hear that and one or two other planes are going to be in the Delta museum opening there sometime soon, if it hasn't already.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:12 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by ultracan
Got the bike washed, the erl changed, now I just gotta get my tires changed and pack and I am good to go. The cords are getting a leetle close to the surface. If I hit rain there might be a lack of traction.
Original tread Dunlops on my sporties were slippery on wet, but did fine on the Glide. Haven't been on the Avons in anything heavy, hope they do as well as a lot of folks say. When tires get smooth, doubt any brand would fare well. Never hydroplaned on a Harley, but the lightweight metrics had me skating across water a few times, kinda scary feeling. Especially when the back end sinks down way lower than the front and you wonder how deep that dip is...

Old 05-20-2014, 10:27 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

I was gonna shoot 9 holes........but, I ended up enjoying the day with a few cocktails and the company of a few dawgs.........oh well.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:30 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Originally Posted by scoteh
Oh, and that's a winter shot. In the summer you won't see near that much ground. I certainly do not cut all of it.
Seeing that much property to maintain gives me heart palpitations...Finally getting out of here, had to wait for my BIL. Mid 60's goin' to mid 70's...later

Old 05-20-2014, 10:36 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

I just gotta head out and mail a ups package.....might grab 1 nna 'dem 5 o.oo grinders at the deli round the corner......get the ol a philly one while I'm there.........she always says I don't do anything for her ......

Old 05-20-2014, 11:24 AM
scoteh
Club Member

Originally Posted by BARACU
Seeing that much property to maintain gives me heart palpitations...Finally getting out of here, had to wait for my BIL. Mid 60's goin' to mid 70's...later
It is a lot of work, especially with all the trees. If it ain't leaves, it's limbs. The lawn cutting isn't bad, though Takes about 1 1/2 hours of riding around, which I enjoy most of the time. I have a comfy seat! Trimming is very occasional, as I try my best to make sure everything can be done with the rider. Besides, some grass sticking up here and there never hurt anybody. There are no perfect lawns in my neighborhood.