The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 09:28 AM
gamble71
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 29,029 Likes on 9,638 Posts

Originally Posted by ultracan
And it has been. this no I might dry up for a day or 2. Might even get some work done around here.

Old 05-10-2014, 09:37 AM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by skidder
Have'nt had to clean em yet. I got one of those wheel roller thingys that you put under the tires to make it easy to spin the wheels, I still don,t think it'll be easy.
I find that black paint attracts every dust particle or hair in the air.
Follow Doc around and pay attention to how he keeps his bike clean. He keeps a can of something in his saddlebag, but he never lets you see what it is. I think it is a can of magic!!

The back of my saddlebags are dusty by the time I get to town. I could understand if I lived on a gravel road, but ....

It really doesn't matter much, anyway, as the black bike is dirty much more often than it is clean. I am very lazy sometimes!

Old 05-10-2014, 10:39 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,629 Likes on 2,734 Posts

Bike cleaning... I see a lot of Harleys that could almost pass a white glove inspection, but some folks don't wash what they can't see. Like my Glide, bet the covered up/hard to reach areas hadn't been cleaned in over 20 years.

I'd already wiped a bunch of crud outta here (blue wire was black)

That'll all be nice and shiny with a lot of new paint when it's finished, and then I'll clean it again in a couple three years when I take it apart to fix everthin I busted or wore out...

Old 05-10-2014, 11:34 AM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 895 Likes on 633 Posts

Went to The King......Got drowned....came home!! Rainin again now.

Old 05-10-2014, 12:48 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I cut the gr#ss again. Looking like every 3 days is the norm for now. Now I do not feel like doing anything else. Beautiful outside right now, at 78* and clear.

Had to go into town this morning. The bad, bad drivers were all around me this morning. I was going to go for a ride, but I am now thinking I'll let the morons have the roads.

Old 05-10-2014, 02:48 PM
jandlcars
Extreme HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

27" of rain
cant cut da graee it jus started rainin AGAIN

Old 05-10-2014, 05:22 PM
jandlcars
Extreme HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any body home helllllllllllllo
dare I a echo in here

Old 05-10-2014, 05:54 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

got a little rain today, jus enuf to git the van windows dirty. how can a place so green have such dirty air? had a thought; if i'd rolled the glide carcass out in the rain last week, it mighta been clean by now.

spent way too much time on my knees on concrete today, they're too old for that. hadda doc tell me a few years ago to stay off my knees. kinda hard not to when yer pulling wheels and brakes off cars, roll around seat doesn't cut it for some of that.

loaded the daughter's pottery oven (like a big jar with a hole in the side) in the van today, those things are darned heavy. probly gonna be so stiff in the mornin i'll have trouble putting my pants on. if the daughter wasn't here, wuddn't hafta...

Old 05-10-2014, 06:09 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by jandlcars
any body home helllllllllllllo
dare I a echo in here
howdy, i'm just relaxing my aching bones. Got too many projects for someone my age. Was curious, looked up Milton; that's a nice location, like the panhandle, especially around Ft Walton Beach and Pensacola, lotta places to see in a day's ride. First time I was in that area was 1966, rode my old 305 Honda down there from Ft Rucker. Sure has changed since then, sooo many people now. Mostly 2 lane highways back then, hardly any traffic along the coastal areas in late summer; can't say that now. Be nice to go back and spend a few months with a pan head back in the early 60's, would feel like I'd died and gone to heaven. Hmm, might be the only way to do that...

Old 05-10-2014, 06:16 PM
gamble71
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 29,029 Likes on 9,638 Posts

Checkin in in for a little OT figure the kid'll be with her mom tomorrow for Mother's Day and the OL has to work all day... no point in passin up money if all I'm gonna do is be home alone anyway. Although, sunny and in the high 70s did make it hard to actually stop at the plant.