The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 12:29 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Sup BP. Checkin in. Woodwork n paintin here.

Old 04-26-2014, 12:31 PM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 402 Likes on 268 Posts

Work or fun?

Originally Posted by soft 02
Sup BP. Checkin in. Woodwork n paintin here.

Old 04-26-2014, 01:26 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlackPharoah
Work or fun?
Kinda both. Doing improvements to the house. A lern as you go thing.

Old 04-26-2014, 01:57 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

getting bag ready for IDPA shoot tomorrow, looking for extra mags for the 34

Old 04-26-2014, 02:33 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Late lunch break, don't look like I got far behind.

Originally Posted by soft 02
What is it? Whats the 9 for? Congrats a few decades late.
Don't remember if it's a 6 or a 9, it rotates around on the ribbon. Air medals weren't valor awards, got em just for flying so many missions, don't remember the details. Lotta guys got 20 or more. I don't think you even have to actually be in combat to get one, just in a combat theater. Bronze stars are like that, too, know a couple guys that got them for administrative duties, no combat involved. If you see a "V" on the ribbon, it indicates you did something above and beyond normal in combat. The medals that often mean you earned them hard are the purple heart and combat infantry badges; my Dad got both, but I didn't. And of course, the Medal of Honor; each and every one of those was really earned, unlike some of almost all the others. Few of the medals you see covering the chests of some of the high ranking officers are combat or valor medals in many cases; Army gives out a lot just for meritorious service (can be in an office job) or just being somewhere.

Old 04-26-2014, 02:35 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlackPharoah
Sup *****?
Hey BP, cute kid. Still hoping the daughter will give me another little girl. The boy ain't bad, but not the same as mommy was. Ready for another bike yet?

Old 04-26-2014, 03:53 PM
Divemaster
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
Late lunch break, don't look like I got far behind.

Don't remember if it's a 6 or a 9, it rotates around on the ribbon. Air medals weren't valor awards, got em just for flying so many missions, don't remember the details. Lotta guys got 20 or more. I don't think you even have to actually be in combat to get one, just in a combat theater. Bronze stars are like that, too, know a couple guys that got them for administrative duties, no combat involved. If you see a "V" on the ribbon, it indicates you did something above and beyond normal in combat. The medals that often mean you earned them hard are the purple heart and combat infantry badges; my Dad got both, but I didn't. And of course, the Medal of Honor; each and every one of those was really earned, unlike some of almost all the others. Few of the medals you see covering the chests of some of the high ranking officers are combat or valor medals in many cases; Army gives out a lot just for meritorious service (can be in an office job) or just being somewhere.

Imold what you wrote isn't exactly accurate from my experience. I never saw any Bronze Stars awarded for administrative duties. It clearly isn't as selective in it's awarding as one with the V device. One clear error is the Purple Heart..it isn't a medal, it's an award....THE CIB is just that,.....contact with the enemy as an infantryman and it's clearly a badge......for sure something to be proud of....I have seen some abuses in awards, hell I've seen abuses at every level at one time or the other in my life. I still respect the ribbons I see. I only knew one MOH winner and he was extremely modest about it. I don't know where you were and when, but these are my experiences. We all were awarded "medals"referencing campaigns by our government and others... Not to imply valor, but your personal history. I have written medal recommendations and they have been approved and some have been rejected or downgraded. I felt they were justified at the time. I never received an Air Medal but they signify a history we should all respect. The wearer put the time in and risked everything he was and would be. By the way, no one wanted the PH.....none of us....

Old 04-26-2014, 05:16 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

As the riding season begins... I reflect on all the accidents I have heard,seen or overheard throughout the year. It is pretty telling, The injuries and worse. I feel for anyone who loses a dear friend or has a bud laid up for an extensive period of time. It seems these days are getting even worse for us riders. Teens texting, adults drinking orientals driving..........It's not a nice place to be in the wind these days , lets face it.......distracted driving laws are a slap on the wrist, yet do the same damage as a dui cager. We need to ride with our head on a swivel these days, and even THAT ain't enough. One look at you tube will tell ya , ***** getting worse. I live in a non helmet law state, but this won't last Locally a ski resort made it manditory for all ski'ers to wear head protection........Don't get me wrong here, I wear a lid occasionally, but for comfort more than protection. It won't be long before we as a nation will be forced to adhere to even more laws made to ''protect'' us....when the real danger isn't ourselves......it's the other guy,girl,elder,divorcee,widower,woman,man......who think they can outwit a *%#^ing cell phone,drink,sun in the eyes running a red light,one more for the road,in a hurry, didn't see 'em, makes that left turn.......It happens every year..... :'(

Old 04-26-2014, 06:26 PM
Divemaster
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rocket23
As the riding season begins... I reflect on all the accidents I have heard,seen or overheard throughout the year. It is pretty telling, The injuries and worse. I feel for anyone who loses a dear friend or has a bud laid up for an extensive period of time. It seems these days are getting even worse for us riders. Teens texting, adults drinking orientals driving..........It's not a nice place to be in the wind these days , lets face it.......distracted driving laws are a slap on the wrist, yet do the same damage as a dui cager. We need to ride with our head on a swivel these days, and even THAT ain't enough. One look at you tube will tell ya , ***** getting worse. I live in a non helmet law state, but this won't last Locally a ski resort made it manditory for all ski'ers to wear head protection........Don't get me wrong here, I wear a lid occasionally, but for comfort more than protection. It won't be long before we as a nation will be forced to adhere to even more laws made to ''protect'' us....when the real danger isn't ourselves......it's the other guy,girl,elder,divorcee,widower,woman,man......who think they can outwit a *%#^ing cell phone,drink,sun in the eyes running a red light,one more for the road,in a hurry, didn't see 'em, makes that left turn.......It happens every year..... :'(
Good post Rocket....Always assume the worst from cagers..and avoid the blind spot like the plague....I honk when I pull up next to ...mostly women texting, but I'm ready to move....most of the time, they just look and go back to texting....I never wore a helmet for years...but I mostly ride a Fat Boy and I need the helmet for music, not to mention when it's cold...

Old 04-26-2014, 06:37 PM
Divemaster
Cruiser

Guys,
On Friday the 4th BCT of the 101st Screaming Eagles laid down their M-4s. That was at Ft. Campbell Kentucky...The Home of Heroes.....they pulled multiple tours , the last one in Afghanistan....Good Job Boys and Wecome a Home! We owe you a lot.....