The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 11:46 AM
HAOLE
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,175 Likes on 1,611 Posts

Originally Posted by gs34doc
Well, I'm back....All the paperwurk iz complete and in its proper place....checks issued to the proper authority....all that's left to do iz wait.....and wait....and wait......4 to 6 weeks....WoW....this guvmint we got sure does go out of their way to make everything operate as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
And they do it all so cheaply too.

Yep and so efficient we outta give em more control of our Lives ...LOL

<End Sarcasm>

LOL

Haole

Old 04-22-2014, 11:47 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Well, I'm back....All the paperwurk iz complete and in its proper place....checks issued to the proper authority....all that's left to do iz wait.....and wait....and wait......4 to 6 weeks....WoW....this guvmint we got sure does go out of their way to make everything operate as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
And they do it all so cheaply too.
It takes a while to insert a micro chip into a document and make sure you can't see or feel it. Usually 4 to 6 weeks.

Old 04-22-2014, 12:11 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,876 Likes on 17,363 Posts

For Mark and Softie...posted this photo in the softail photo game thread then remembered you both mentioned having Czech heritage.

Old 04-22-2014, 12:25 PM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Never been there might have to check it out.

Old 04-22-2014, 12:48 PM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 895 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold

I was just a slick back seater with an M60, but got to see some chewed up folks in the seats & on the floor. Ones I can't forget are the ones that quit breathing, makes you feel bad. Time was urgent on medivacs, some of the crews took one too many chances, but the majority that got away with it made it worthwhile. I didn't get on many medivacs, and they could be scary, but they made you feel like you accomplished something; just dropping off troops that seldom found anything wasn't very satisfying.

Don't remember any operations with Rangers, but we did some missions with Recondos; some of the pilots hated working with them, but I liked it, something exciting always happened with those guys. One of em even put a bunch of shrapnel holes in my copter...
I put over 1000 hours in flying slicks before I went to guns. Did a lot of insertions of LLRPs & SAS teams and pulled some out from some pretty nasty places.
Did a lotta wurk with the 5th SF and a buncha Thia and Cambode Mercenaries over along the border area. Them and the Nungs were some bad dudes!!!! Once you put them in, you never knew what kind of mess you were going to have to pull them out of.
Medevacs were a way of life...if you were in the area and someone came up on guard needing help and you were in the area...you went. No questions asked.....Get the people outta trouble and to the evac-hospital as quick as you can...worry about what the brass wants later.
Most times there was a slick somewhere in the AO who could get there much quicker than waiting for a Medevac unit to launch and get there.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:09 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Sco.....t.....This iz all yer fault!!!....But I gotta appointment in about an hour to submit my passport application......I gots all my paperz in order....got picherz an paperz an checks an half a dozen formz of official documentation an the a-fore mentioned DD-214 which iz notorized and duly recorded in the big book of records at the county courthouse.
I'mgonna brush my teef, comb my hair, spit shine my shoes put on my buryin suit, an present myself before some overpaid, underwurked postal clerk with an 8th grade education and hope to GOD that I can pass his/her rigorous inspection and subsequent testing!!!!
And you are?

Old 04-22-2014, 01:12 PM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 895 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by scoteh
And you are?
...or not....

Old 04-22-2014, 01:15 PM
maskedstranger
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello.....

Old 04-22-2014, 01:20 PM
scoteh
Club Member

I put over 1000 hours in flying slicks before I went to guns. Did a lot of insertions of LLRPs & SAS teams and pulled some out from some pretty nasty places.
Did a lotta wurk with the 5th SF and a buncha Thia and Cambode Mercenaries over along the border area. Them and the Nungs were some bad dudes!!!! Once you put them in, you never knew what kind of mess you were going to have to pull them out of.
Medevacs were a way of life...if you were in the area and someone came up on guard needing help and you were in the area...you went. No questions asked.....Get the people outta trouble and to the evac-hospital as quick as you can...worry about what the brass wants later.
Most times there was a slick somewhere in the AO who could get there much quicker than waiting for a Medevac unit to launch and get there.
Every ground-pounder that ever pounded ground thanks you.
And every non-combative worth their salt thanks you, too. Those were our brothers, uncles, fathers, friends, neighbors, and fellow countrymen that you were taking care of.
I salute you, Sir!

Old 04-22-2014, 01:22 PM
scoteh
Club Member

...or not....
I am sorry I got this mess started, but it will all be worth it in the end (I sure as heck hope so!).