The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 10:17 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Originally Posted by rocket23
return line from the fuel rail is leaking.........this may take a while too conquer........gonna hold off fer awhile........rain coming in tonight.....
Squirt some Seal All on it.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:49 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

Uh, yeah,uh, no..
rack time......I'm beat.....

Old 04-22-2014, 11:06 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

we better get a posse together, they might have doc on the group "W" bench.

Mark, I mentioned the DD7 Baker at the shop, got a lot of oooo's and aaahh's

Old 04-22-2014, 11:06 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

night rocket

Old 04-22-2014, 11:18 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Originally Posted by firefighter616
we better get a posse together, they might have doc on the group "W" bench.

Mark, I mentioned the DD7 Baker at the shop, got a lot of oooo's and aaahh's
That's not what I said the first time I road one. We still had stock pipes on the bike so you could not hear it and that DD7 was so smooth that you could not feel it. I thought FUG THIS, am I riding a Harley or a Beamer.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:21 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Bootiful day in thawed out Frozelandia. Morning chores done, cept for one I gonna use the van for. Daughter asked me to replace a busted door in her house (that's empty & for sale), wus gonna do it herself and found out she dint know anything about replacing a door.

Originally Posted by JW1200
I'd bet you didn't need a passport when they sent you to the nam !
Nope, but they sure stuck a lot of needles in us...

Originally Posted by BARACU
I think the problem Doc had with the passport is they don't accept Birth certificates written on papyrus...
Don't take handwritten, either. I don't even know what kinda machine made my original, not what I'd call the crispest image...

Old 04-22-2014, 11:39 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Divemaster
Doc, after reading all of this BS you've had to go through, it suddenly occurs to me that your DD214 ought to trump any of this crap anyway....Hell, the pentagon has your finger prints.....of course that little worm in the White House doesn't have a clue what a 214 is anyway.....remember what they told us when we ETSed....guard this document with your life.....what a Crock!
I've been asked for mine several times. Got real dog eared before I finally made copies, didn't think I'd be taking it out of the file cabinet... Needed a copy just last year. Supposedly you can order a new one on the internet.

Originally Posted by Divemaster
Fair enough....please understand I wouldn't be posting today if it weren't for UH-1 drivers.....debts Owed and never able to be repaid.....
I was just a slick back seater with an M60, but got to see some chewed up folks in the seats & on the floor. Ones I can't forget are the ones that quit breathing, makes you feel bad. Time was urgent on medivacs, some of the crews took one too many chances, but the majority that got away with it made it worthwhile. I didn't get on many medivacs, and they could be scary, but they made you feel like you accomplished something; just dropping off troops that seldom found anything wasn't very satisfying.

Don't remember any operations with Rangers, but we did some missions with Recondos; some of the pilots hated working with them, but I liked it, something exciting always happened with those guys. One of em even put a bunch of shrapnel holes in my copter...

Old 04-22-2014, 11:40 AM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 895 Likes on 633 Posts

Well, I'm back....All the paperwurk iz complete and in its proper place....checks issued to the proper authority....all that's left to do iz wait.....and wait....and wait......4 to 6 weeks....WoW....this guvmint we got sure does go out of their way to make everything operate as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
And they do it all so cheaply too.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:42 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by gs34doc
Sco.....t.....This iz all yer fault!!!....But I gotta appointment in about an hour to submit my passport application......I gots all my paperz in order....got picherz an paperz an checks an half a dozen formz of official documentation an the a-fore mentioned DD-214 which iz notorized and duly recorded in the big book of records at the county courthouse.
I'mgonna brush my teef, comb my hair, spit shine my shoes put on my buryin suit, an present myself before some overpaid, underwurked postal clerk with an 8th grade education and hope to GOD that I can pass his/her rigorous inspection and subsequent testing!!!!
I dint know you could do that. My original has to be handled very carefully; one more time folded into my wallet would probably have it in pieces. Made some copies, and so far they've been accepted. Probably think no one would forge one with all those folds and stains showing up on the copy...

Old 04-22-2014, 11:44 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by gs34doc
Well, I'm back....All the paperwurk iz complete and in its proper place....checks issued to the proper authority....all that's left to do iz wait.....and wait....and wait......4 to 6 weeks....WoW....this guvmint we got sure does go out of their way to make everything operate as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
And they do it all so cheaply too.
You're getting yours that quick? 4-6 weeks was paying for expediting when I got mine.