The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 10:28 AM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,056 Likes on 631 Posts

Originally Posted by BARACU
Mornin', PoZerZ!
GOOD NEWS!!!!!...Daughter had baby girl at 12:10am this morning. Mommy and baby doing fine, baby was 5.3 LBS and will be in Neonatal ICU for a day as Standard Procedure....sure glad that was over..
............ Hay - Al -- .

Old 04-17-2014, 10:50 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
I thought about doing an off ramp on ramp to him after he pulled in behind me but I think that would have been pushing my luck.
Ha ha, would of have been funny though.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:41 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,626 Likes on 2,733 Posts

Hours of light rain yesterday, roads are nice and clean, and dry now. Put the garbage out this morning, and decided I don't wanna freeze meself on the sporty today. Waited all this time, and now I'm wimping out for a little cold weather. Warms up Saturday, but mebbe more rain, and I'll be tied up with other folks till Monday afternoon anyway. If the sun would just come out for a little while this afternoon...

That sucked, new washer and dryer don't have auto leveling feet like the ancient cheap ones did. Basement floor ain't leveled worth a crap, was a pita to get em sitting right. Then the washer hoses dint fit my house faucets... dryer duct fell apart... 2 trips to the hardware store 'fore I got it all put together and washing & drying stuf. Fast spin on the washer is awesome to watch, spins up to a blur, and sounds like a baby turbine running it (but not loud). Now some of the new Glide parts are gonna come outta savings...

Old 04-17-2014, 11:46 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by BARACU
Mornin', PoZerZ!
GOOD NEWS!!!!!...Daughter had baby girl at 12:10am this morning. Mommy and baby doing fine, baby was 5.3 LBS and will be in Neonatal ICU for a day as Standard Procedure....sure glad that was over..
Girls are good. Grandson takes too much energy, woulda enjoyed another like his Mommy a lot more. Not that I don't enjoy him, just wears me out. Bet you're gonna love that little girl, still hoping I'll get one some day. With Mommy dumping Daddy, might be a while for the next one.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:49 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by ultracan
Wife had a good birthday. We had plans to go out for dinner, but she decided that she didn't want to. So we stayed home had a couple of beers together and watched TV.
GF would never turn down a meal out, but I like the big recliner and tv better'n a noisy restaurant. Tell folks what I'd really like for my birthday is to ignore it, but they never do...

Old 04-17-2014, 12:01 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by soft 02
Well that was fun. Played tag with the highway patrol this mornin. So he passes me then I follow him along at 85-90 cuttin through traffic. Then he does the off ramp on ramp thing and follows me all the way to my freekin parking spot on campus. I think I made a friend.
Think it was '78, going through Nevada north to Idaho on some remote 2 lane with rolling hills and a fair amount of curves (not twisties, could do 60-80 through most of em). Noticed a car coming over the previous hill as I peaked the next, wondered... went triple digit between the next two hills, slowed down and watched him come high speed over the hill behind me; yep, cop.

Played that game for a while, run up around 115 for a while, slow it down and have him catch up real fast. Gas tank got real close to empty, and hadn't seen anything manmade but pavement for probably over 100 miles, and when I saw a little gas station/cafe, had to pull in. Filled up, no cop. Thought maybe he turned around. Went in for a snack and drink, and a few minutes later, he pulled in, came in for a coffee. When I left, looked back from the first hill, and he was getting in the car. Did 110+ for a couple miles, pulled over on the shoulder just past a hill top, and waited. He never showed, musta gone back the other way.

I bet while I was gassing up, he'd got outta the car and was watching me from the hilltop, knew I'd have to gas up there. Was fun while it lasted. He had to know I was hitting over double the limit, but couldn't catch me doing it.

I don't do silly **** like that any more. That's my story, anyway.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:04 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Never saw some of this before. Loading up to annihilate a couple cities. That 40's equipment sure looks crude now. You'd think something like a nuke would have better looking welds...

http://www.alternatewars.com/Bomb_Lo...Bomb_Guide.htm

Old 04-17-2014, 12:04 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Sumbody else's turn...

Old 04-17-2014, 12:29 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Got all my hairs cut.

Got a new car bought, pick it up tomorrow. Internet car shopping is the only way to go!

Headed out to cut the tall grass, and freakin' leaves, up. Maybe unload some of the yard maintenance stuff that's been in the bed of the truck for a few days. Maybe even do something with a bit of it. Maybe not. It's 68* and I hear a bike calling!

Old 04-17-2014, 01:12 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Eve, my grandmother lived for many years not real far from Eureka Springs, but over on the Mizzery side. Little town called Rocky Comfort. There's a state park on the MO side called Roaring River SP that's a nice place to visit. A big-*** spring comes out of the bottom of a bluff there. Lots of great riding all around that area of NW ArKanss and SW Mizzery. Even some in eastern Okie. Branson, blech!