The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 08:30 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by 1985gt
Morning all, been at it for 2 hours already. Chilly start but going to warm up today. Would have rode in but had to some stuff to work that wouldn't fit on the bike. Oh well tomorrow morning is going to be warmer anyway. Just got to watch all the gravel and pot holes that showed up after Sundays down pour. The inch of snow we got has melted I hope they are wrong about getting more Thursday! Not that it will be much or stick around, I just don't want the cold temps.

I complain when 87 octane with ethanol is over $3.25 is $3.50 now. Premium with no ethanol is is around $3.90 not to bad when only filling up the bike. I stop using it in the truck when pulling the camper. Diesel is $3.77 can't wait to get the new truck in a year or so.
Sounds like roads all over the snow belt ain't getting fixed as fast as they're coming apart. Got some nasty ones here, too. I really hate the old frost heaved asphalt roads, edges of the cracks lift up and gives one hell of a choppy ride, bike or cage.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:55 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Originally Posted by coastie56
Yup I remember dat boy was he red faced and that started the tone fer da evening...LOL
I don't envy anyone that has to wait on a poser get together, but then again I didn't choose his profession for him. If he didn't want to deal with posers he should have got a job at bed bath and beyond.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:20 AM
Banned

It may be a conspiracy to get us politically incorrect COBS to say sometin'! Not dat deres anyting wrong wid dat. Yes I woke up to at least an inch of snow and ice, Buster ran around the back yard at high speed peein in a circle, tore up the stairs and dove back into the warm bed with his cold feet. Heard Sugar Lips yellin...funny stuff to start the day. I noticed Gail and Sugar thought the fruity guy was sweet...mebbe Ken and I should put some red dye and dat goop in whats left of our hair so's we would be stickin' up all spikey, den maybe dey would tink we was stylin' too! Be hard to put on da skid lids though, or maybe we'd have ta use a crowbar to pry 'em off! I tink Im just gonna put a spike on top of my German helmet.
I'd of thought he was sweet to if he woulda stayed in the kitchen and sent the hostess to the table.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Imold
Sounds like roads all over the snow belt ain't getting fixed as fast as they're coming apart. Got some nasty ones here, too. I really hate the old frost heaved asphalt roads, edges of the cracks lift up and gives one hell of a choppy ride, bike or cage.
The frost heaves have lessened here but the pot holes are still too many for my taste.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:01 AM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
I'd of thought he was sweet to if he woulda stayed in the kitchen and sent the hostess to the table.
Uhuh..... he was givin ya the sweet eye ya know.... figurin he might get a ride on yer bike or sumpin.....

Old 04-15-2014, 10:04 AM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Yup I remember dat boy was he red faced and that started the tone fer da evening...LOL
Uhuh.... Mark seems ta bring them out... last time we had dinner, same thing... waiter was hittin on him.... here I thought it was a coincidence....

Old 04-15-2014, 10:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by krwould
Uhuh.... Mark seems ta bring them out... last time we had dinner, same thing... waiter was hittin on him.... here I thought it was a coincidence....
That's it next time we're going to Hooters.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:42 AM
1985gt
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
Frost heaves are not to bad here, the perpetual pot holes are around. The cold patch they have used washed out in the rain we got Sunday. I'll be practicing my evasive maneuvers on the ride tomorrow for sure. Pot holes don't bother me as much on the bike unless I miss a swerve. The truck is needing some major front end work though, not as easy to maneuver around them. The **** part is all the gravel that seemingly came from no where after the rain. Most of it was gone as they didn't put a ton of it down this winter. Who knows where it came from. Could just be the asphalt patches breaking up.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:47 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Originally Posted by krwould
Thanks for the heads up, in case I ever get up Mark's way.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BARACU
Thanks for the heads up, in case I ever get up Mark's way.
I'm am throwing in the perpetual towel.