The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 07:58 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Bout time to head out the door!

Old 04-08-2014, 07:59 AM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by EveHD
Hi all

Good to see you made it home Scotty. How's Ken?
Sometimes he's OK, but then he feels like crap.

Originally Posted by coastie56
Well in my opinion...there's only two kinds of drivers...Azzholes and maniacs. An Azzhole is anybody driving slower then me, and a Maniac is anybody driving faster!
All I want is for the chuckleheads to use some sense. Speed up when passing (that's for everyone), and get the heck out of the way when you are done. I have these issues with people, and I generally drive the speed limit in open country and the flow of traffic in closer.

Scoteh I have to say Ken was probably lucky you were there for the support... true test of a friend which is what, all joking aside is truly important...
That's what it is all about!

So Ken as sick as you were you were still able to fab up the rear brakes!!
Ken, remember that the arrow points forward!

Old 04-08-2014, 08:01 AM
scoteh
Club Member

Denny, I should probably move to the center of Nevada where there is no one!

Old 04-08-2014, 08:01 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,626 Likes on 2,733 Posts

Originally Posted by woodtick50
Morning Doc, 30 and clear out there. Getting some bare spots in the back yard. Snow banks still about 2 foot high and salt still all over the roads. But summer is in sight.maybe get to mid 50 s today.
Snow is just traces in the shade here mostly. But that last snow last Friday got us the grand finale for salt, man they poured it on.

Originally Posted by ultracan
30*F and rainy right now going up to a beautiful 49*F and rainy this afternoon
Originally Posted by gs34doc
You know that rain I said it wuzn't doin......well, itz doin it now......
Originally Posted by tcarille
Morning Doc , Tick , AL. Rained all night , heavy , still raining heavy. Still better 'n snow. Still got some spots up my way with a little snow still hangin' around . Figure this rain will clear all that away.
Will you guys please share some of that? These Frozelandia roads need a rinse...

Old 04-08-2014, 08:03 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Wish I would of saved some money in my twenty's but I blew every cent on wimmen and booze and the such. Once I hit 30 I really thought I was fugged ( still might be) but then I stumbled into this gig and have some money in simple IRA's and the OL likes the fact that there is some left over after the bills are paid. Got about $11,000 left to pay on the house but she wants an addition so that number will go back up. All and all I really can't complain for starting out a dumb inner city kid who graduated with like a 2.2 gpa.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:07 AM
scoteh
Club Member

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
Wish I would of saved some money in my twenty's but I blew every cent on wimmen and booze and the such. Once I hit 30 I really thought I was fugged ( still might be) but then I stumbled into this gig and have some money in simple IRA's and the OL likes the fact that there is some left over after the bills are paid. Got about $11,000 left to pay on the house but she wants an addition so that number will go back up. All and all I really can't complain for starting out a dumb inner city kid who graduated with like a 2.2 gpa.
I got divorced at 28, and we split the $300 we had in the bank.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:11 AM
scoteh
Club Member

The wife just got smashed into on her way to work. She is not hurt. Gal ran a red and hit her in the passenger side. Door and wheel do not operate. Dang it, we like that car.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:14 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,626 Likes on 2,733 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
Sounds good, I'm a little behind on the bike, the fluids are done,it still needs a good once over with the Allen wrenches and a shake down run should have that done tonight. Found a loose oil line and had to change the clamp. Not complaining though it was a factory clamp the bike is 18 years old. Morning all.
Ever had the swingarm pivot bolt out? Those things sure like to corrode in tight. Don't know why factories never use never seize. Get the daughter settled in and her stuff outta the way in the grudge, and that's the first next step on the Glide, cutting that bolt and pressing it outta the transmission. Oh please Lord, don't let that case crack...

Axles can be a pain, too. Think the front tire on my '04 mighta been original when I got it a couple years ago, and nobody ever lubed the rear one, hadda do some pounding on both of em, and the swingarm pivot. They'll slip out easy next time...

Old 04-08-2014, 08:15 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Originally Posted by scoteh
The wife just got smashed into on her way to work. She is not hurt. Gal ran a red and hit her in the passenger side. Door and wheel do not operate. Dang it, we like that car.
WTF. Weren't we just talking about dem idiots. Glad she is Okay.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:18 AM
scoteh
Club Member

2001 Honda Civic with 185,000 miles on it. And hail damage for which we have already been paid. I doubt the gal's insurance will want to repair it.