The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 12:07 PM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

You know I don't think I have ever measured the outside of my noodle, I should do that. It can't be that big it's contents sure aren't.

Old 04-03-2014, 01:16 PM
H3llb1lly88
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got a waterhead. Ain't a whole lot worth protecting

Old 04-03-2014, 03:37 PM
coastie56
Grand HDF Member

Received 399 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by H3llb1lly88
I just got a waterhead. Ain't a whole lot worth protecting
Make sure you try an HJC 3/4. They are the most common brand and it is very easy to find parts, shields and accessories for. They also are highly rated by the reviews on WebBikeWorld. The link for them is on the home page of HTT (harley tech talk)forums.com. These folks review motorcycle clothing like Consumer Reports rates cars, they are very in depth and serious. The problem is there are so many reviews you can get lost for a couple days but I am convinced they have stopped me from buying quite a few lemons over the years. I always check them first and buy prefered items when possible. They do boots, jeans, heated clothing, jackets both textile and leather, and riding pants plus miscellaneous and were one of the first reviews I've read to rate helmets for egg shaped vs round heads and they don't hesitate to call out products for poor quality or recomend the best bang for the buck! I found out from them to make sure on a 3/4 to try and get 5 snaps so you can use those cheap 5 snap shields if your on a trip and need to replace one. I had my daughter measure one and sew up a felt sleeve with a velcro flap tp store them in when on a trip in my trunk. Oh wait a minute, is a waterhead one of dose new Harleys'...nevermind.....

Last edited by coastie56; 04-03-2014 at 03:39 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:03 PM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 895 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
Morning all, Question Al, Ken, Doc have any of you been to that Dubois Harley yet. The website makes it look pretty cool. Freezing rain here, not sure I know the difference between hail, sleet and freezing rain it all just looks like ice falling from the sky to me.
Been there many times....Good folks up there and a really cool looking place. Like walking back in time....
And ya gotta take a leak in there if ya don't do anything else....They have a set of apes mounted over the urinal....pull the clutch in to flush!!!!!

Old 04-03-2014, 04:06 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 75 Posts

This damned flu has begun to subside...feeling way better.
We got snowed on again.

Old 04-03-2014, 04:14 PM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Originally Posted by gs34doc
Been there many times....Good folks up there and a really cool looking place. Like walking back in time....
And ya gotta take a leak in there if ya don't do anything else....They have a set of apes mounted over the urinal....pull the clutch in to flush!!!!!
Awesome, I'll have to check it out.

Old 04-03-2014, 05:53 PM
EveHD
Moderatress
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Checking in!!!

About to use my caplocks!!!

Old 04-03-2014, 06:04 PM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 895 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by EveHD
Checking in!!!

About to use my caplocks!!!
And Why would that be????
Good evening young lady.....Where ya been last couple days???

Old 04-03-2014, 06:20 PM
EveHD
Moderatress
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by gs34doc
And Why would that be????
Good evening young lady.....Where ya been last couple days???
Those individuals know what I'm talking about when I say CAP LOCKS!!!

I've been working some long hours, loving on the grand son and being a mod in the other sections while still keeping my eye here. It has been kinda quiet here though...

Oh and scored some new riding boots on Ebay $15 buckeroos

Old 04-03-2014, 06:20 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,626 Likes on 2,733 Posts

Originally Posted by H3llb1lly88
Speaking of dealers... mark do you know of a good power sports dealer in the area that has a good selection of helmets? I want something more than a half. I'm thinking bell custom 500 or speed and strength ss600. I wanna try em on first.
the old style Bell 500 3 snap helmets were as low as 39 bucks recently, dumping them for the new ones with 5 snaps, but I just looked at a couple web stores, and looks like they're mostly gone; maybe some local brick and mortars have some left. I have a 3 snap, real comfortable and fits me perfect, but it just took the first glance over my shoulder at 65 to rip the shield off. Like Coastie said, 5 snap is the way to go. I like the flat flexible 5 snap shields with male & female snaps on the top three - you can snap a visor over them. Never had one of those come loose. Were something like a buck 99 when I first started using them, but they're still cheaper than most of the solid formed shields.

Not wearing a shield in this pic, but it shows my favorite kind of visor, a long vented off road one. Really helps on bright sunny days.