The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 07:36 AM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 895 Likes on 633 Posts

OK..outta here for the last skool trip and then The King....C-ya...

Old 03-31-2014, 07:39 AM
coastie56
Grand HDF Member

Received 399 Likes on 333 Posts

I got a "good deal" from an older fat dude on my 1100 Yamaha, sold a 76 Wing to get it, hadda have it to keep up with my VERY fast friends. Total lunatics who lived in one room apts where ya had to pee in the sink in the converted closet to take a shower straddling the toilet. 100 dollar a month stuff...but had the fastest motorcycles money could buy LOL. Found out the durn thing smoked on decel...of course....the end gaps on the piston rings were lined up so straight on the two inside cylinders you could stick a small steel ruler in em LOL. How is that possible on a bike right out of da factory! HaHa. I actualy could have just rotated them and bolted it back together but had already bought the rings so I ball honed the cylinders and slid em back on after I lapped the valves in better. We used to ride up to the Upper Peninsula almost every month because the roads were deserted and we would literally top em out wobbling and weaving somewhere around 130 or so with the Craig stereos blasting in the Venturer and Vetter fairings we bolted on LOL. We bought all our stuff at the old Detroit swap meets at the Detroit fairgrounds risking our lives to buy stuff that was probably so hot we should a wore asbestos gloves, and one time we left with an engine in the trunk and were driving down the freeway with the rear tires hitting the top of the fender wells. When we went to carry it in the house I saw where the serial numbers USED to be...It's funny to hear a lot of my buds talkin about how fast our Harleys are now, and they are much better if ya cam em up but no way I'm riskin' 20 grand anymore....guess my nuts shrunk some since dos days.

Old 03-31-2014, 07:41 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

My thoughts and prayers to you AL
Mornin all, don't read back so don't know much

Old 03-31-2014, 07:50 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by krwould
You guys ride over?? I seen a lotta strange things at dealers.....
Naaa, drive, poured down the rain (wimps are we)

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Oh lord they woulda thrown me outa the place LOL
ya know Dan, a thought flashed thru my mind when I saw that, don't know what kept my mouth shut
hows ya been?

Old 03-31-2014, 08:48 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Mornin, anyone seeing any sun today? Kinda dark and gray and drizzly here, that 60's teaser yesterday dint last long. At least the coffee's good today. 5 days left to make room for the daughter, so much to do. Wanted to get the Glide outta the living room, almost there.

Originally Posted by ultracan
Was about 45* out yesterday. Even saw some bikes out for the first time. Wasn't mine though. I still can't get it out!
I'm not the last one out this year! Thanks, Ucan, although it looks like it'll be a while before I get one out again.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:59 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by BARACU
Got a call at 4:30 AM....daughter is back in the hospital...FUUGGGG!
Sorry to hear that, hope the docs keep both of them healthy. Our kids are the most important people in the world.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:16 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by coastie56
I hope he didn't die...kinda liked dem guys except fer the hollerin' specially Mikee.
Googled senior, he was still putting stuff on the net 3/28, and no news of his demise. I liked senior, had a wiseass kid like junior, I'd be grumpy, too. Some of their stuff took some serious skills to put together, like the diesel bike, lotta modding on that thing, but most of em looked like the same old thing with different cut fenders and bling. I'm more into rideable than style, and I always liked comfort. Back in the Japanese little screaming twins days, about all you could do for that was put titty grips on the bars so your hands dint go numb as quick from the vibration. Went through several of those, weren't real durable, but they were only a buck 99 back then; price range now seems to be 9.99 to over 20; I'd never pay 20 bucks for em. That Yammy trail bike could use some new grips, so could the 1200...

Old 03-31-2014, 09:27 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by krwould
Never get outta what ya put into them.... labor of love I guess.......
Seems like only other people get their bucks back on bikes and cars, I can only remember breaking even on one - and that was just the money, not the hours I put into it. Dint complain, had fun on it while I had it.

Probably the highest cost per mile bike I had was the little Yamaha 100 enduro I got new for the wife's first bike, only rode it a couple or three times before trading it in. Handling was just miserable, unreal how unstable that piece of crap was. After struggling with it a while, she wanted to try my 175, and said, this is a dream, I want it, so I traded the 100 in on a new 175. Didn't have near 100 miles on it. Back in those days, was making good money and bought a lot of new stuf; shoulda bought Microsoft stock and used bikes. Now it's just used bikes... very used.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:34 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Wasted enuf time, better get busy. Hope you get good news soon, Baracu.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:55 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Morning all, good luck Al. Sunny here headed to 60. OCC will be back on CMT, at least Senior don't know about Jr. Have not got an order from him in a while. They used our transmissions in just about everything so we kinda miss the sales they used to bring in. Still talk to Skeeter quite a bit, him an Rick showed up at our booth a couple times in Sturgis. Just had Skeeter on the radio show a couple weeks ago. Cut wood all weekend from all the downed branches in the yard, pita, climbing trees with saw in hand is for kids or at least people younger then me. Made good progress though now I just have to burn all the brush.