The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 06:41 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,613 Likes on 2,868 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
Hell, makes me tired just driving a van to my daughter's house. I don't much enjoy driving anything with a steering wheel.
I can drive for miles....in,on anything.......doesn't matter I just love the act of driving I guess.

Old 03-18-2015, 06:49 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,629 Likes on 2,734 Posts

Originally Posted by ultracan
It is the dogs nature as a pack animal to try and be the alpha male and protect the pack (you) however if you teach the dog that YOU are the alph male as I have, then the dog won't bark! It is not his job to protect the pack no more.
Yep, I've had a few, and they behaved quite well; didn't have to abuse them either, just be firm and consistent, confuses them if you only discipline them sporadically. Dogs are good companions, just don't fit my lifestyle anymore, like to be able to stay out overnight when I feel like it, can't just leave a dog home alone all day and night, wouldn't be right. Don't have anyone else to drop one off with, either, daughter doesn't always come home every day, either. When my brother had dogs (3 dalmatians), he must've spent a few thousand on kennels, and then the dogs seemed shell shocked for several days after they got home; I'd hate to put a dog in a kennel for a week or more, rough on them.

Old 03-18-2015, 06:51 PM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,059 Likes on 633 Posts

Hay Moldy , are ya Move-In .

Old 03-18-2015, 06:56 PM
woodtick50
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 1,198 Likes on 647 Posts

When I let her out in the morning. I sit at the table in the kitchen and wait for her. If she gets to barking I call her back in. She comes to the door and barks only once to be let back in.

Old 03-18-2015, 06:56 PM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 147 Posts

Yep, I've had a few, and they behaved quite well; didn't have to abuse them either, just be firm and consistent, confuses them if you only discipline them sporadically. Dogs are good companions, just don't fit my lifestyle anymore, like to be able to stay out overnight when I feel like it, can't just leave a dog home alone all day and night, wouldn't be right. Don't have anyone else to drop one off with, either, daughter doesn't always come home every day, either. When my brother had dogs (3 dalmatians), he must've spent a few thousand on kennels, and then the dogs seemed shell shocked for several days after they got home; I'd hate to put a dog in a kennel for a week or more, rough on them.
A good sturn growl acts as the alpha male growling. Tossing a small bag of chain links in front of them acts as the alpha male snapping at them. You can train them in a day. Just repeat as necessary.

Training complete!

Old 03-18-2015, 06:58 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by rocket23
I can drive for miles....in,on anything.......doesn't matter I just love the act of driving I guess.
I spent most of my free time in cars before I got married, when I wasn't on a bike, and a lot for a few years after, but then somehow the fun part just got old and only bikes stayed fun. I did enjoy driving a diesel F350 pickup in Mexico about 3 years ago, impressive machine. Cars, even the "sporty" ones, just don't do anything for me anymore. I got my minivan for hauling people and keeping stuf outta the salt in winter, but I ain't interested in hauling people much anymore, only be pickup trucks or maybe a Tahoe after the van, one of those could handle a good sized trailer; I just wanna sit a bit high and have a cab with legroom, cars are getting claustrophobic.

Old 03-18-2015, 07:00 PM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I hear it is Mark's birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MAAAARK!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Hope that you have a good one!

Old 03-18-2015, 07:02 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by dennyo
Hay Moldy , are ya Move-In .
Would like to. Ain't gonna happen this year unless I inherit a buncha money.

Old 03-18-2015, 07:02 PM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I spent most of my free time in cars before I got married, when I wasn't on a bike, and a lot for a few years after, but then somehow the fun part just got old and only bikes stayed fun. I did enjoy driving a diesel F350 pickup in Mexico about 3 years ago, impressive machine. Cars, even the "sporty" ones, just don't do anything for me anymore. I got my minivan for hauling people and keeping stuf outta the salt in winter, but I ain't interested in hauling people much anymore, only be pickup trucks or maybe a Tahoe after the van, one of those could handle a good sized trailer; I just wanna sit a bit high and have a cab with legroom, cars are getting claustrophobic.
My wife and I also love to drive places! We would have no trouble (and have done) jumping in the car or on the bike in a spur of the moment and drive to one coast or the other!

Old 03-18-2015, 07:04 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by ultracan
I hear it is Mark's birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MAAAARK!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Hope that you have a good one!
Anudder day closer to being an old fart like a bunch of us already are. What the hell, enjoy it while you can, Mark!