The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 02:39 PM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 147 Posts

Just got back from the hospital. Mama went through it like a trooper. Even wanted to go to Home Depot and Walmart after. She is sleeping now. Wore her out.

Old 02-26-2015, 02:41 PM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
LOL, Nope not that one, we have an automatic, just twist the wick and go. Just don't forget to take it out of park.
Maybe I should get one for Mama? She don't shift so well?

Old 02-26-2015, 02:47 PM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Originally Posted by ultracan
Maybe I should get one for Mama? She don't shift so well?
Well she's in good company, half the people I see at rally's don't shift so well.

Old 02-26-2015, 02:51 PM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Well she's in good company, half the people I see at rally's don't shift so well.
or ride or steer or brake......

Old 02-26-2015, 02:53 PM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 895 Likes on 633 Posts

Shiftin???.....What's hard about it??????

Old 02-26-2015, 03:05 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,626 Likes on 2,733 Posts

Maybe for the average healthy guy, but for those with disabilities it will be a God sent.
After I snapped an Achilles tendon, was over a year before I could shift a bike, unless it had a heel and toe shifter. I still miss a gear once in a while with the forwards on the 1200, have to pay more attention to that one. Lotta folks out there missing a left leg, too. Or both... Combat injury, those automatics oughta be a VA benefit!

Old 02-26-2015, 03:10 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by JW1200
Wow, and I thought these were expensive. That yeller one is fugly! Gotta be one a the ugliest engines ever put in a bike.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...896037620.html

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ws...858678842.html

Old 02-26-2015, 03:20 PM
coastie56
Grand HDF Member

Received 399 Likes on 333 Posts

Hey guys just checkin' in whats the latest. Glad to read Gail is doin' better Ken! Mark I'm feeling pretty shiftless after this lousy winter. I should come to work for ya as a roady for Baker. I could do light security and keep the women from getting too unruly at yer displays at Sturgeon and the other rallies. OMG would we have fun! No customers have popped their tops or done shirt for shirts at our quilting store THANK GOD! Who knows though, inplants have been around for at least 30 years so some of dose 70 year olds might surprise everyone! I remember setting up for Custom Touring about 30 years ago at the old Detroit swap meet when the guy in the booth next to us set up for "Sweater Bumpers" He actually specialized in custom fitting nipple rings! Good thing it was cold in the old fairground buildings! Those were the days. Ron Finch was right across the aisle, talk about a Wild and Crazy guy! Useta see Dozer there too. The detroit Bros were prolly still on mini bikes... Actually saw a couple of the dominant clubs get into a little "dust up" when one sergeant at arms picked up a fork tube and started cleaning house. Woulda give Cecil Fielder a run for his money lol

Old 02-26-2015, 03:30 PM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Originally Posted by coastie56
Hey guys just checkin' in whats the latest. Glad to read Gail is doin' better Ken! Mark I'm feeling pretty shiftless after this lousy winter. I should come to work for ya as a roady for Baker. I could do light security and keep the women from getting too unruly at yer displays at Sturgeon and the other rallies. OMG would we have fun! No customers have popped their tops or done shirt for shirts at our quilting store THANK GOD! Who knows though, inplants have been around for at least 30 years so some of dose 70 year olds might surprise everyone! I remember setting up for Custom Touring about 30 years ago at the old Detroit swap meet when the guy in the booth next to us set up for "Sweater Bumpers" He actually specialized in custom fitting nipple rings! Good thing it was cold in the old fairground buildings! Those were the days. Ron Finch was right across the aisle, talk about a Wild and Crazy guy! Useta see Dozer there too. The detroit Bros were prolly still on mini bikes... Actually saw a couple of the dominant clubs get into a little "dust up" when one sergeant at arms picked up a fork tube and started cleaning house. Woulda give Cecil Fielder a run for his money lol
We could use a driver, got a CDL? Finch is a hoot, had him on the radio show one night tellin stories. He said I got go up and see his new place so I might have to do that this summer. Should be a hoot.

Old 02-26-2015, 03:34 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

My Helix is a variable pulley drive, no shifting. When I first rode it, thought the lack of gears might seem weird, but it didn't. I like it better than the Harleys in town, handles 5-20 mph traffic just fine; with the Harleys, on the clutch constantly.

Guess I ain't been using the van enuf to keep the battery charged, at 2* this morning, just chattered, motor dint turn over. Finally got to use that tiny Lithium jumper battery. Spun it over like it was a warm summer day!