The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 08:42 PM
coastie56
Grand HDF Member

Received 399 Likes on 333 Posts

My father weathered a fire when my brother and I were young teens and he was going through a divorce. He never let on to us how much he was hurting but he kept telling us he was the luckiest guy in the world because Ralph and I were ok. I had befriended an amatuer gunsmith and I immediately told him dads favorite shotgun had been damaged and he worked diligently to restore it. I still remember the thrill I got knowing I had made him happy. Still it taught me what truly made him happy, that his first love and concern was for us, not his fathers hand me down shotgun.

Old 02-24-2015, 08:48 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by BaggerDriver
fires suck , our house burnt to the ground May 4 2007 , wife's birthday no less .

lost everything except us and the dawg ..

you would be amazed at the amount of stuff you collect over the years .

I don't even want to talk about the guns ..
That's gotta be an awful experience. Yeah, too much accumulates over the years. I'm swapping rooms for the puter stuf, lots of stuf in boxes and on shelves I'm just tossing in the garbage instead of the other room. You know you might use something some day that you hang onto, but I'm getting into the "if you need it again, just buy it" frame of mind, getting rid of most of what was boxed up. Be different if I had a barn, mebbe, but I don't.

Old 02-24-2015, 08:50 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by krwould
I have take my son in for shoulder surgery tomorrow morning.... when will this **** ever end... tore his right rotator...
Not much consolation, I know, but good that you both didn't do it at the same time. Sorry you're having so much grief, about time for you to win a lottery I'd think.

Old 02-24-2015, 08:54 PM
zal
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,087 Likes on 1,601 Posts

Originally Posted by firefighter616
I have eight (8) fire extinguishers in the grudge
four (4) in the room that holds the airsoft toys

My own fire Dept. refuses to make an entry on my house for some reason; if it ever came to that
I've had my own fire dept come to my house and put out a fire. Bastards wouldn't let me suit up either. Hahaha

Old 02-24-2015, 08:59 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by coastie56
...Still it taught me what truly made him happy, that his first love and concern was for us, not his fathers hand me down shotgun.
Wouldn't have been much of a father, otherwise. Kids come first, everything else if/when you have time and money. Doesn't mean you can't get attached to other things, but they'll always take a back seat to the kids.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:24 PM
coastie56
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Imold
Wouldn't have been much of a father, otherwise. Kids come first, everything else if/when you have time and money. Doesn't mean you can't get attached to other things, but they'll always take a back seat to the kids.
Yup he was the best, lots of memories from the fire. Tough time but we all did OK. Big haired blond with great ***** glommed on to him shortly after and bought him a sport fisherman. Kinda felt like a Monty Python skit "Look On the Bright Side of Life" and of course we moved to sunny PENSACOLA, home of an unlimited supply of freckled Southern Belles and white sand beaches. LOL. Yup he taught us how to act and be survivors!

Old 02-24-2015, 10:24 PM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 147 Posts

I have take my son in for shoulder surgery tomorrow morning.... when will this **** ever end... tore his right rotator...
Jesus! Sorry to hear that Ken. I am starting to think that I might have to reconsider July. It appears that you guys are jinxed and being around you might be bad for ones health?

Old 02-24-2015, 10:25 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by zal
I've had my own fire dept come to my house and put out a fire. Bastards wouldn't let me suit up either. Hahaha

Same here they say, too emotionally involved

Old 02-24-2015, 10:34 PM
coastie56
Grand HDF Member

Don't worry Ken those injuries were common in my field of work and more often then not there was a positive outcome from the surgery. I'm sure he's watched you deal with adversity and you've certainly seen your share. He'll handle this just fine and eventually things will turn around!

Old 02-25-2015, 12:42 AM
JacktheBagger
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
That's gotta be an awful experience. Yeah, too much accumulates over the years. I'm swapping rooms for the puter stuf, lots of stuf in boxes and on shelves I'm just tossing in the garbage instead of the other room. You know you might use something some day that you hang onto, but I'm getting into the "if you need it again, just buy it" frame of mind, getting rid of most of what was boxed up. Be different if I had a barn, mebbe, but I don't.

stuff don't mean nothing anymore to us , well not like it used to anyways , I'll never have another house full of guns , as bad as I want a house full of guns .. You don't want a barn , ours is so full of wifes and step daughters junk ya cant even get in it hardly ..