The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 03:16 PM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Radio show, good news/bad news, first the bad, no show tonight. The good, the 6 feet of snow on the roof of the studio has been shoveled off. The 8 foot drifts in front of the studio has been removed so access to the door could be achieved. Upon entry to the studio my producer found that there is no heat. Hence the bad news.

Old 02-18-2015, 04:08 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,627 Likes on 2,733 Posts

A decision has been made. I'm not even gonna get the mail today! Store will be there tomorrow. Or the next day...

Originally Posted by BARACU
Checkin' in....WOW!......it's like 24* above 0.
Be a while 'fore it gets that warm here.

Old 02-18-2015, 05:38 PM
junk yard
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I hate Work. I hate to wish my life away, but i can't wait to retire. If I can ever afford it!

Old 02-18-2015, 05:48 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,876 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Originally Posted by junk yard
... but i can't wait to retire. If I can ever afford it!
Have you considered a substantial investment in buggy whip futures?

Old 02-18-2015, 06:13 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
Morning posers, 7 now, going up to 14, Mikee you get to play with that printer yet.
Not me.
The teacher is gonna print me up some keys.

Old 02-18-2015, 06:43 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,627 Likes on 2,733 Posts

Big pot o chili about ready, see what's happening here first.

I hate Work. I hate to wish my life away, but i can't wait to retire. If I can ever afford it!
Lot of guys have told me, Dad was one of em, retire as soon as possible, and no later than 62. Said if you don't pile up the bills, can be done on a surprisingly small amount of money. I werked 4 days past 62nd birthday and never regretted it; I completely agree with those guys. Got rid of all the bills but the mortgage (divorce ended any thought of paying that off), bought about nothing I didn't need for the last several years, and I'm doing even better than expected finacially, even though the divorce took a chunk outta my pension. What the hell, she woulda cost more than I lost anyway. The "every day is a vacation" is just priceless, worth more than new cars, bikes, all that fancy stuff with the brand new smell. I'd squat in an abandoned shack in Arkansas before I'd do the 40 a week again. Hell, I'd ride a crappy Russian bike before looking for a job. Wait, I got one a those already...

Old 02-18-2015, 07:30 PM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 895 Likes on 633 Posts

I'm with you Wally...Soon as you can go--- go.
Proven fact...The earlier you retire...the longer you'll live.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:23 PM
junk yard
Cruiser

Originally Posted by OKMICK
Have you considered a substantial investment in buggy whip futures?
Sounds like a good investment.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:27 PM
junk yard
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Imold
Big pot o chili about ready, see what's happening here first.

Lot of guys have told me, Dad was one of em, retire as soon as possible, and no later than 62. Said if you don't pile up the bills, can be done on a surprisingly small amount of money. I werked 4 days past 62nd birthday and never regretted it; I completely agree with those guys. Got rid of all the bills but the mortgage (divorce ended any thought of paying that off), bought about nothing I didn't need for the last several years, and I'm doing even better than expected finacially, even though the divorce took a chunk outta my pension. What the hell, she woulda cost more than I lost anyway. The "every day is a vacation" is just priceless, worth more than new cars, bikes, all that fancy stuff with the brand new smell. I'd squat in an abandoned shack in Arkansas before I'd do the 40 a week again. Hell, I'd ride a crappy Russian bike before looking for a job. Wait, I got one a those already...
Yeah man I'm hoping to go out at 60, right after I cash in my investment on those buggy whips!

Old 02-18-2015, 08:49 PM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 895 Likes on 633 Posts

Yeah man I'm hoping to go out at 60, right after I cash in my investment on those buggy whips!
I went at 60 and the only regret I have is not being able to go sooner. Get yerself a good financial adviser, get rid of yer debt, and sock everything you can into your investments.....Oh, and get the ole' woman a 2nd job.