The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 05:34 AM
gamble71
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 29,534 Likes on 9,784 Posts

Originally Posted by ultracan

Just remember this in August when it is 85* with 90 percent humidity and we are whining about the heat.

I never whine about the heat. I always say "You can about the cold, or the heat, but not both"

Old 03-22-2014, 05:36 AM
coastie56
Grand HDF Member

Received 399 Likes on 333 Posts

Morning guys I got lucky with the ex too...Hey I might get a chance to try out my new Fly terra trek adventure riding coat I got from Motorcycle Closeout.com, Waterproof removable liner and armor. It's a 3/4 length with pockets all aver it. Of couse I'll wear the lecfic liner too... They are sellin' em cheap for 97 bucks...I'd like to check out the electric gloves some day too. You riding yet Ultra? Moldy I spect yer still snowed in...

Old 03-22-2014, 05:39 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by gamble71
... None of that really bothers me, but still not over the divorce really. Oh well, what ya gonna do
Took a year or so, but finally realized she'd made the right decision to break up, realize now I'm basically a loner, like having the gf around sometimes, but like having the house to myself more often than not. Life's just easier when you don't have to discuss decisions.

Old 03-22-2014, 05:41 AM
gamble71
Seasoned HDF Member

Sounds like more a suit from a sci-fi movie than something for riding Need to hurry up and move south where there are still coal plants left

Old 03-22-2014, 05:46 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by coastie56
... Moldy I spect yer still snowed in...
Wet spots from melting snow now, but the big piles next to the roads have salt in them from the plows pushing salt slush off the road. Don't want to give the bikes a salt bath. Temps next week should melt about all of it; couple days in high 50's, a few 40's, that oughta do it. Melted over a foot this past week. Get rid of that stuf, get a good rain, and the 1200 will be ready. Soon as that rain gets forecast, all I have to do is put the battery back in. 40's are plenty warm enough to ride in for me, wasn't for the salt, I'd have been out there already. Mebbe I should get a Wing, never wash it, ride it any day the roads aren't slick and have the rustiest, grungiest wing in the country. They're Hondas, it'd keep running for years, no chain to rust.

Old 03-22-2014, 05:54 AM
coastie56
Grand HDF Member

Hey I still got all the leathers but the cold in Michigan lasts way too long to ignore. Started out with a Widder electric vest a LOOOng time ago but my arms would freeze. so it was good into the forties. The big problem here is you can ride someplace in the day and it will be in the high fifties to mid six sixties but at about 6:30 the temps can fall a good 15 to 20 degrees! Yer right about moving South but I'm way to close to my 5 grandkids.... Still my Gal and I talk about it...Still got coal fired plants up here too..

Old 03-22-2014, 05:57 AM
gamble71
Seasoned HDF Member

Yeah, but they're gettin scarce. Obami's puttin a hurtin on the coal industry.

Old 03-22-2014, 06:02 AM
coastie56
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Imold
Wet spots from melting snow now, but the big piles next to the roads have salt in them from the plows pushing salt slush off the road. Don't want to give the bikes a salt bath. Temps next week should melt about all of it; couple days in high 50's, a few 40's, that oughta do it. Melted over a foot this past week. Get rid of that stuf, get a good rain, and the 1200 will be ready. Soon as that rain gets forecast, all I have to do is put the battery back in. 40's are plenty warm enough to ride in for me, wasn't for the salt, I'd have been out there already. Mebbe I should get a Wing, never wash it, ride it any day the roads aren't slick and have the rustiest, grungiest wing in the country. They're Hondas, it'd keep running for years, no chain to rust.
Yep I've had 4 of em untill 2003 all good bikes, fast too. They have their issues too though... The Harley is actually more comfortable fer me though. Like you I might quiet the mufflers down a bit more but it just seems to make me happy, it just pushes all the right buttons.

Old 03-22-2014, 06:19 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by coastie56
Yep I've had 4 of em untill 2003 all good bikes, fast too. They have their issues too though... The Harley is actually more comfortable fer me though. Like you I might quiet the mufflers down a bit more but it just seems to make me happy, it just pushes all the right buttons.
That's one of the biggest reasons I like Harley, just more comfortable than anything else. I like that low rpm torque, too, only felt that in metric thumpers (not the smoothest at highway speeds) and, oddly enough, in my V4 Honda; that 750 will outpull my 883 even at 1500 rpm, only metric I've ridden that has lots of grunt right off idle. Haven't ridden a 6 cylinder Wing, hear they have that, too.

I'm thinking of getting a Super Trapp with the disks for the Glide, sound and torque adjustable, might be able to get just what I want. Especially if I can gear it up (dropping to a 65 tooth rear pulley), going to want low rpm torque more than high end hp; don't get that with the loud no back pressure pipes. Too bad that Super Trapp system isn't something I can put in the Kerker, the whole muffler ain't cheap. If I can even find anyone that sells it without the whole exhaust pipe system, so far that's all I've found; don't want to replace a perfectly good two into one header.

Last edited by Imold; 03-22-2014 at 06:25 AM.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:10 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Mornin', PoZerZ and Deevorceez....all that talk about payin' money to exes...skeers me.