The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 09:04 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
Morning posers, never been in a Helicopter. Had a few commercial plane trips that's it. Oh yeah it's Friday!!!!.
I hate airliners, at least all the copters I've been in had enough legroom. They weren't so bad back in the pre-terrorist days when I could fly up front, but that ended. Gotta admit sumptin... thought of getting in another helicopter scares me, would I really want to give them another chance at me? Love flying in little planes, though, especially when I'm the only one in it. Kinda like a motorcycle, but with a better view. Always wanted to fly inna open cockpit biplane, never got to. Place near here gave rides (for money, of course) inna ancient Stearman biplane, wanted to try that, but they crashed it before I could. Wrote off the plane, but the two guys were ok. I still wouldn't have wanted to be on that last flight...

Old 01-23-2015, 09:06 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by woodtick50
It must be mid-summertime. Woke up to above freezing temp this morning. +33.8. I like how weatherunderground puts the decimal on the temp.
How the hell is it warmer up there than down here? That ain't right. If I'm cold, you oughta be freezing yer nuts off...

Old 01-23-2015, 09:26 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

That's the part I hate about flying it's so crowded. Only been in first class once it was better but still not like sitting in the cockpit I'm sure.I like the idea of getting from point A to point B in a couple hours but sometimes, when I'm stuck between a couple 300 pounders in a middle seat all I can thing is. I would rather be riding my Fatboy this is BS.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:18 AM
woodtick50
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 1,198 Likes on 647 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
How the hell is it warmer up there than down here? That ain't right. If I'm cold, you oughta be freezing yer nuts off...

Moldy, 38 out with 3mph wind. sunshine couple clouds. stepped out on the deck in my bare feet. nice day out there. we do get nice weather ever now and then up here. usually aug 7th.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:24 AM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I ain't eating no bread out of a can. Meat out of a can is OK when necessary.

That's the most intelligent thing I have to say, so I'll just move along.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:28 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
That's the part I hate about flying it's so crowded. Only been in first class once it was better but still not like sitting in the cockpit I'm sure.I like the idea of getting from point A to point B in a couple hours but sometimes, when I'm stuck between a couple 300 pounders in a middle seat all I can thing is. I would rather be riding my Fatboy this is BS.
Absolute worse flight was from Phoenix to Scranton with a stop in Pittsburgh, years ago. I go to my aisle seat and there's a 300 lb woman next to me.She was very nice and started to apologize for the space she was taking up as soon as sat down. Little kid , in front of me starts screamin' and carryin' on...did it pretty much the whole flight. Across the aisle and one seat back is a woman who stats moanin' and gaggin' ,even before we started to taxi. Then...she starts throwing up!! Attendants come to help her and ask her if she'd like to get off the plane...she says that she has claustrophobia and wants to try to get through this. She moaned and gagged pretty much the whole flight to P'burgh. I had a bunch of Scotch.
We land in P'burgh, most people got off, only 3or 4 os left to fly through to Scranton. New attendant comes on and says to me " The other attendants told me what went on during this flight, that it was the flight from hell".. I said " Yeah and I was right in the middle of it". She apologized and took me up to First class and said drinks are on the house , what would you like. Big deal...a 45 minute flight.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:29 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Originally Posted by scoteh
I ain't eating no bread out of a can. Meat out of a can is OK when necessary.

That's the most intelligent thing I have to say, so I'll just move along.
Hi, Sco...T......that was very intelligent.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:10 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,991 Likes on 1,693 Posts

That brown bread out of a can?!? Holy crap, are you guys bringing back some memories. Here's the warning:

Do NOT, EVER, eat that canned brown bread. If you do, the first time you take a slice out of the toaster, slobber it with butter, and take a bite, you will be lost forever.

You've been warned.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:29 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

I will not eat bread in a can, I will not eat it sam I am.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:39 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
Hard to beat a good FX or FL chassis. Drop an S&S in it, gotta hell of a machine. Ain't all that bad with the factory 80, just don't race one of them wimpy 883's...
But a cam would probly fix that...
would it be THAT easy....there's a motor joint in town, but they ain't cheap.I heard about them A frames thou, they bring 4500.00 all day long in cali.