The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 10:05 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
Well, it's been a busy four days, but I PULLED IT OFF!!

My wife and I moved out here to Idaho a year and a half ago, and we haven't seen our kids since. My wife was getting pretty sad about it, so I hatched a plot. I arranged to fly our oldest daughter out this past weekend, and managed to keep it a total secret. My inlaws picked her up at the airport Saturday night and brought her to the house. My wife was napping in her favorite chair and we snuck our daughter in.

Surprise!

Just dropped her off back at the airport. Wife's happy!
epic!!

Old 01-13-2015, 10:14 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,991 Likes on 1,693 Posts

There were two close calls.

About two weeks ago I'm standing next to my wife and my cell phone rang. It was my daughter. I'm like "Uuuh....uuuhhh...I'll call you back". Wife: "Who was that?". Me: "Uhhh...uuuhhhh...nobody". They don't call me "sharpie" for nothing. I managed to blow it off.

Then, on Christmas day when we're all doing the usual family phone calls, my father in law is talking to my daughter and says out loud: "Looking forward to talking to you soon!". NOOOOOO. Luckily nobody else in the room picked up on it.

Whew.

Old 01-13-2015, 10:16 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
There were two close calls.

About two weeks ago I'm standing next to my wife and my cell phone rang. It was my daughter. I'm like "Uuuh....uuuhhh...I'll call you back". Wife: "Who was that?". Me: "Uhhh...uuuhhhh...nobody". They don't call me "sharpie" for nothing. I managed to blow it off.

Then, on Christmas day when we're all doing the usual family phone calls, my father in law is talking to my daughter and says out loud: "Looking forward to talking to you soon!". NOOOOOO. Luckily nobody else in the room picked up on it.

Whew.
heh ,heh....ol wifey had that first call on her mind ,for awhile ,none the less.

Old 01-13-2015, 10:36 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,991 Likes on 1,693 Posts

Originally Posted by rocket23
heh ,heh....ol wifey had that first call on her mind ,for awhile ,none the less.
Oh, for sure. I can never lie to her, even something unimportant. She knows in an instant. For a day or two she kept asking me: "What the hell is going on?"

I just smiled and walked away. She told me she never had a clue what was happening.

Old 01-13-2015, 11:17 AM
coastie56
Grand HDF Member

Received 399 Likes on 333 Posts

Man that was a terrific gift. My daughter who is a communications major identifies that type of behavior as "loving acts of service" as opposed to verbal displays and points out that that is the way my SugarLips is wired and I'm fortunate and blessed because of it.

Last edited by coastie56; 01-13-2015 at 11:20 AM.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:24 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member

debating wether I should stay home or bump a part timer.....gonna get cold tonight.

Old 01-13-2015, 11:24 AM
coastie56
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Imold
Some of those old tables were really nice. Haven't looked at pool tables in... probably near 20 years, but even then a lot of em had particle board in em; I wouldn't call a pool table any kind of quality with that stuf in them.
Moldy we used to have a lot of Valley tables in the Michigan area and they were slate as well. Finding a decent table is on our to-do list! They're terrific for the kids in the family at the gatherings. My favorite Uncle actually bought a bumper pool table as well. Great fun.

Old 01-13-2015, 11:42 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by coastie56
Moldy we used to have a lot of Valley tables in the Michigan area and they were slate as well. Finding a decent table is on our to-do list! They're terrific for the kids in the family at the gatherings. My favorite Uncle actually bought a bumper pool table as well. Great fun.
Well make an offer an pony up for shipping, I'll ship you off mine.......it needs a new cloth , other than that, ya get 2 sets of *****,cues and rack. The table plays well and is solid.

Old 01-13-2015, 11:54 AM
coastie56
Grand HDF Member

Hey Rocket as soon as I get the approval from da boss we're gunna PM. I don't know much about shipping though, slate is heavy! Looking for a quality table but we just started a new company so between the back and the businesses...Good thing is the basement is totally done.

Old 01-13-2015, 12:04 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by coastie56
Hey Rocket as soon as I get the approval from da boss we're gunna PM. I don't know much about shipping though, slate is heavy! Looking for a quality table but we just started a new company so between the back and the businesses...Good thing is the basement is totally done.
cool......Kinda hard to recommend a shipping company, I werked for a few , and they are all the same and simply hit of miss on whether it gets damaged or not.....one sure way is to ship it in a closed section of a pup.......it doesn't get top loaded or stacked upon, however the slate would need to be well insulated from shock or bounce and I'm afraid is quite costly........otherwise it will be about 400 bucks on a pallet and over sized, (which is an open invite for damage). Course I could do a road trip.........