The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 03:24 PM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Originally Posted by rocket23
it rained too much today.....I have golf shoes, but the spikes are on order, an the other pair are for dryer days......so I'll start tomorrow.......dunno whether to ride or walk.......prolly start with the cart, and finish walking........it's a LOT of frigging golf thou.............prolly end up doing a fraction of those games, I should go with the idea of visiting other courses......The 10 games is for a new ghin card.........for tournament play.....
I like playing new courses, it's like an adventure you never know what's around the next bend.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:34 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,991 Likes on 1,693 Posts

Originally Posted by rocket23
it rained too much today.....I have golf shoes, but the spikes are on order, an the other pair are for dryer days......so I'll start tomorrow.......dunno whether to ride or walk.......prolly start with the cart, and finish walking........it's a LOT of frigging golf thou.............prolly end up doing a fraction of those games, I should go with the idea of visiting other courses......The 10 games is for a new ghin card.........for tournament play.....
Here's what you can shoot for: http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/...ven-days-(cart)

This is my local course. Geno has the course record of 61. Note that for the 2,000 holes he averaged 71.8 for each 18.

I haven't checked lately but he's around a +4.

Old 10-16-2014, 05:03 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

High 60's today, decided there was nothing that couldn't wait another day. Went down the Wisconsin side of the Mississippi for a while, with a side trip up the St. Croix, then back up the MN side. Shoulda just turned around and gone back up in WI, way better scenery and nobody was driving slow like they always do in MN, but it was shorter that way and the lower back and right shoulder were starting to ache. Last 30 or so miles in MN was against a stiff headwind, lotta pressure without a wimpshield; wind was loud even at 20 mph . Bikes everywhere, musta had a bike in front of me over half the ride. Maybe that's why the cagers were driving so well, seldom got out of sight of a bike there were so many.

Muddy Waters restaurant in Prescott, WI, was filling up the bike lot. Ate there last week with the kids, but just stopped for a pic this time. There were dozens of bikes parked in front of the restaurants and bars on the main drag through Prescott.

Nauti Hawg was so crowded I didn't get the drink I'd planned on. This is just a few of the bikes parked on the side, way more in front. Didn't take a pic that direction, lotta folks woulda been in it, some might not have liked it. That pickup sure ate enough salt, but I don't think that 66 or 67 GTX ever tasted any.

Nauti's boat parking, only had one river visitor today.

I shoulda stopped and taken some pics along the St, Croix river, especially the 20 mph winding section; had a big truck pulling a trailer in front of me, didn't get to enjoy it heading north, but followed a couple other bikes going back, went quick enough to have fun, and kept me from acting silly... those Avon tires are so sticky.

Old 10-16-2014, 05:44 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

Afternoon mens.
Was checking out a site showing some of the best motorcycle roads in Pennsylvania.
I never realized there was so much good riding to be had there.
Those Poconos look interesting, I hope to make it there next summer.

Old 10-16-2014, 06:19 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,315 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by skidder
Afternoon mens.
Was checking out a site showing some of the best motorcycle roads in Pennsylvania.
I never realized there was so much good riding to be had there.
Those Poconos look interesting, I hope to make it there next summer.
Ssuuup mikeee... Doc knows all den roads too.... him and the Gertiol Posse know some that even the state troopers don't know....

Old 10-16-2014, 06:25 PM
gamble71
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 29,533 Likes on 9,783 Posts

Night shift checkin in. What's going on putzs? Still recooperating the the Cooper/Crue concert last night... Cooper put on a hell of a show, the Crue was good... now to make it through the night. Bring on the caffeine

Old 10-16-2014, 06:26 PM
krwould
Club Member

Originally Posted by gamble71
Night shift checkin in. What's going on putzs? Still recooperating the the Cooper/Crue concert last night... Cooper put on a hell of a show, the Crue was good... now to make it through the night. Bring on the caffeine

Hang in there John... be morning before ya know it....

Old 10-16-2014, 06:42 PM
gamble71
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by krwould
Hang in there John... be morning before ya know it....
as they said in basic training..... fake motivation is better than no motivation

Old 10-16-2014, 06:45 PM
krwould
Club Member

I had lottsa motivation today.... not so much right now.....

Old 10-16-2014, 06:49 PM
gamble71
Seasoned HDF Member

yeah.... been up since around 10. Gonna make for along night. On a positive note, looks like I got a set of saddlebags for the bike. Selling the old ones was definently not one of my better ideas.