The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 09:11 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Mornin Weebles

Old 10-03-2014, 09:38 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Mornin', Mark, HerBeeDoo...

hey Herb...thought you weren't allowed to cross state lines.....How'd ya get to PA? Back of a banana truck?

Old 10-03-2014, 09:48 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,627 Likes on 2,733 Posts

Shame about another young fella dead on a bike. Haven't known anyone that died on a bike, only two I can remember that even got hurt on one. On the road, about all of us that did serious off roading got plenty of rash and bruises, few broken bones. Only one way to have fun off road - BE CRAZY!

Originally Posted by ultracan
Yeah I know. I have my own way to deal with this kind of thing. If I can handle my Mother's passing then I can handle just about anything except maybe my Wife and my Dad. They will be hard if I don't go first.
Been a couple ladies that died (not on bikes, cars) I would've liked to spend more time with, but the only really rough one was Dad, didn't realize what a big part of my life he was till he wasn't there any more. Mom... all crippled up in a nursing home for years, half a country away, wasn't the same. She was tough for my brother; he lived close to the home and saw her most days, only once or twice a year for me. Not worried about my ex, we're not close anymore. I think kid's would be the worst to lose, wife (if you love her) next, and for most guys, then it would be Dad. He'll be a tough one, Ucan, but you can bet he wants to go before you.

Originally Posted by krwould
Jeez..... you try some Midol....? She is OK, took her stitches out yesterday herself... looks like she might live!
Originally Posted by BARACU
Uh..one of the few things I didn't try...
Done that a couple times. Army nurse pulled the first couple stainless steel stitches outta my leg real slow; when you clip them with sidecutters, squeezes a little sharp edge that makes a shallow cut as you pull the wire out, hurts a bunch. And she was giggling and jiggling while she did it. I grabbed the cutter away and sniped them all, then yanked them out fast. She just got wide eyed and kept giggling and jiggling. Hadda lot to jiggle, too, wus kinda hefty... Got a few finger stitches on a days long ride, just normal string stuff, took them out, no big deal or pain. Wasn't going to try finding a doc or spending money for sumptin so easy.

Originally Posted by coastie56
Morning Weebler. Vaca r good! Hey Moldy, you can't be serious about selling the tank? That is a cool looking machine. I want one bad so Buster can put on his doggles and ride with me to the apartments. Do you need a car seat in a sidecar for G-kids? I wouldn't mind riding to deer camp. If it had a vinyl seat I could stick the deer in it next to me instead of the Michigan tradition of strapping it on thr roof for all to admire. I usually paint the nose red to make all the kids cry....
Yep, think I wanna sell it. But I'm looking for a newer one, even found one I'd buy if I had room for both of em over the winter. There'll be more. Want the newer way better carbs, paper element air cleaner (this has straw stuf like ancient cars), dual seat, and electric start. Cheaper to dump this and get one with all that stuff than upgrade it. Aren't any good options for electric start anyway from what I've read. You'd have to have something to catch the deer blood, get that under the floor pads, and it'd rust the tub bottom if it found any bare metal. Dogs seem to love sidecars, too. Paint... I always used ketchup when I wanted to scare peeps...

If you get serious and think about a Ural, check with me first; I've found out a few things about them that you should know first. Like I should have... I'm sure a Harley hack would be way better, just not in my budget. There were some Honda and Yamaha hacks I thought about, but those were all aftermarket add-ons, and I usually avoid other folk's mods, never know how they coulda screwed it up. At least the Ural is a proven hack design. And this one was cheaper than folks are asking for most Harley sidecars - just the car!

Old 10-03-2014, 10:00 AM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Peckin' and checkin'. Good morning all.

Old 10-03-2014, 10:46 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Mornin Oldie, Izzo. Raining and crappy here.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:06 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,627 Likes on 2,733 Posts

Mornin Izzo, Mark. Overcast, kinda dim, and windy here, rain expected later. Typical for Minnysota when it's good riding temps. Izzo, gf's in Darlington, WI, southwest of Madison a bit, says it's windy and cold there today. MN and WI are often about the same. Winters are too long in both.

Old 10-03-2014, 03:39 PM
firefighter616
Club Member

Yep rain all morning
spent the last two hours trying to figure out how to make a row and columned doc on word.....still ain't done it.......I hate puters

cousin with stroke finally tells me she's on dialysis cause of kidney failure a month and a half later..............my daughter is all busted up about it. cousin's brother says it's his fault, forgot cause he got all caught up in it..............**** I only live ten miles away and he has to go by my house to get to where he wants to go...............what a family.........END

BANANA

Old 10-03-2014, 03:50 PM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Originally Posted by firefighter616
Yep rain all morning
spent the last two hours trying to figure out how to make a row and columned doc on word.....still ain't done it.......I hate puters

cousin with stroke finally tells me she's on dialysis cause of kidney failure a month and a half later..............my daughter is all busted up about it. cousin's brother says it's his fault, forgot cause he got all caught up in it..............**** I only live ten miles away and he has to go by my house to get to where he wants to go...............what a family.........END

BANANA
Use Microsoft Excel, funk word.

Old 10-03-2014, 04:23 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Checkin in... Pain level moderate to pissin me off...

PT - check
shufflin- check
Pick up meds- check
grudge work- in progress....

Old 10-03-2014, 06:28 PM
firefighter616
Club Member

He's Po'ed