The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 08:21 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,629 Likes on 2,734 Posts

Originally Posted by krwould
Uhuh.... learned in the military, don't screw with the medics or the cooks.... make your life miserable..
Got back from an all day mission after midnite once, flight crews piled into the mess tent, cook put a big pot of boiled fish in milk on the counter... one a the pilots pulled his pistol and told the cook, real food or I shoot you. He found some steaks somewhere, never pulled the fish out again. Even cooks don't fug with folks that put in 12-20 hours and stinking of fear and rice paddy muck. And carry loaded weapons... I told a medic once he better stay out of reach till the pain got better... dumbshit yanked a wad of dry crusted wadding out of a hole in my leg without soaking it first to loosen things up. Think that was the worst pain I ever felt.

Old 09-26-2014, 08:28 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by krwould
I see a guy down on the main road sold his V-Star and is riding one of those fugleee CaAm three wheelers.... afraid to ask him why.... he ain't right anyhow! His OL still wears her HD leather jacket... wishful thinking I guess, he has never owned one...
Mebbe she's been trying to give him a hint...

Originally Posted by soft 02
Mornin guys. Its friday.
GF comes over today for the weekend, daughter has the little guy this weekend. Oh well, Tuesday I take the gf to the airport and then I have a whole week off!

Originally Posted by BARACU
There are a few in our group. some don't have a choice because of physical limitations. I try not to ride behind them, get confused with the one wheel in the back, think they're coming at me. Guys look kinda dumb on them, gas mileage sucks on them, too.
I read that my Ruskie rig should get low 30's; doesn't matter, I'll probably have to change the gas in the tank before it needs more anyway. Ain't been a whole mile from home with it yet. Kind of afraid to ride it beyond pushing distance...

Old 09-26-2014, 08:31 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Mornin Mark, Al, Lou, Ken, Moldy our illustrious representative from the Great white North and Pres. Jdub.

Susan off today going to chase front tyre

Old 09-26-2014, 08:35 AM
firefighter616
Club Member

guess I can't hang no mo cause I gots the freewheeler

Originally Posted by BARACU
There are a few in our group. some don't have a choice because of physical limitations. I try not to ride behind them, get confused with the one wheel in the back, think they're coming at me. Guys look kinda dumb on them, gas mileage sucks on them, too.

Old 09-26-2014, 08:48 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by firefighter616
S'ok cause the pair are in back where they're supposed to be. Liking that thing? You still have the CVO I hope. Never rode a 3 wheeler ('cept for those ATV's back in the 70's and 80's), like to try one some day. Oh, almost forgot, I got a 3 wheeler now. Suspect yours handles way better. Hope it handles way better...

Old 09-26-2014, 10:11 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Did you really? Good for you....get rid of anything?

Old 09-26-2014, 10:17 AM
firefighter616
Club Member

Your Ural will haul mo beer
No CVO went to BMW for back and Wheeler from Breakout for back

I think it might be like weebles says, "there is no bike to help back"
I can't go that route, just like weebles

Originally Posted by Imold
S'ok cause the pair are in back where they're supposed to be. Liking that thing? You still have the CVO I hope. Never rode a 3 wheeler ('cept for those ATV's back in the 70's and 80's), like to try one some day. Oh, almost forgot, I got a 3 wheeler now. Suspect yours handles way better. Hope it handles way better...

Old 09-26-2014, 11:00 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Your Ural will haul mo beer
No CVO went to BMW for back and Wheeler from Breakout for back

I think it might be like weebles says, "there is no bike to help back"
I can't go that route, just like weebles
Beemer rides better than Harley? Woulda thought a well set up big twin touring would ride better. Does the 3 wheeler have a softer ride than the two wheelers?

That Ural really surprised me for the ride, pretty good, and it's got the worst motorsickle seat I ever sat on. Daughter says the tub rides real smooth. Same shocks, wheel, brakes on the sidecar as on the back wheel. Same brakes and wheel on the front, too, spare (spare!) wheel fits all positions. Speaking of brakes, guess the previous owner didn't worry about panic stops, lever pulled to the bar, foot to the stop, and it only gently slowed down. Wasn't hard to adjust, either. Stops now. Just can't get my big foot properly on the rear pedal, too close to the carb, gonna have to put an extension on it. Oughta have low floorboards, not like you have to worry about dragging them on corners... Hey, now you don't have to worry about that, either!

Old 09-26-2014, 01:48 PM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

I didn't like where the rear brake was on my Beamer either, I'd miss it as many time as hit it. I had a 77 R75/7 with those opposing cylinders.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:17 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Lotta folks don't know that Beemers and their copies have offset cylinders since the crank runs fore and aft; jug on the right side is a couple inches farther back, and on the Ural, puts the carb right over the brake pedal.