The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 06:39 AM
coastie56
Grand HDF Member

Received 399 Likes on 333 Posts

Also Morning Moldy. We believe we are going to make a lot of friends in the new business. The quilters all seem to be our kind of people! Our vendor company. BabyLock, is terrific to work with too. That quilt is beautiful, Lots of time and love went in to that for sure. Moldy love the pics of the Ural. keep em coming. buster wants me to get him one! How did the carbs turn out. My friend once told me you can rebuild a Ural down to the crank with the stock tool kit!

Old 09-21-2014, 06:40 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,629 Likes on 2,734 Posts

Got one a them smarty phones a couple days ago, Android system. Wus gonna get an iPhone, so daughter could get me started quick, but she said she wouldn't get another one, and 'droids do more. Yeah, if you can figure em out.... Instructions with it were about the worst I've ever seen, goes through a bunch of complicated stuf before even getting to the basics. Tells ya to do "y", tap on the "x" icon. Ok, where the fug is the x icon? The lady went back to sleep, so I think I'll fiddle with the phone again. Ain't as bad as Windows Vista was, at least. Or maybe it's too early to say that...

Old 09-21-2014, 06:49 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by coastie56
Also Morning Moldy. We believe we are going to make a lot of friends in the new business. The quilters all seem to be our kind of people! Our vendor company. BabyLock, is terrific to work with too. That quilt is beautiful, Lots of time and love went in to that for sure. Moldy love the pics of the Ural. keep em coming. buster wants me to get him one!
Got my 883 mufflers from a guy that rode his dog in a Harley sidecar rig. Riding one of these things is hard to describe, steers instead of leans, and wiggles and wanders when you use or back off the throttle or use brakes. Turns right easier than left. Just no symmetry to it. No duck walking around tight corners, either.

Having your own business can sure eat into your leisure time. Tried that for a couple years, good thing I didn't give up my day job. Dealing with people can get real frustrating for me. Wiped out a lot of evenings, too, decided enjoying life was better than extra money. If you have a business instead of punching someone else's time clock, wouldn't be so bad, especially if you're doing something you like. I liked what I was doing at first... but it wasn't long till it was just wurk.

Old 09-21-2014, 06:50 AM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
Got one a them smarty phones a couple days ago, Android system. Wus gonna get an iPhone, so daughter could get me started quick, but she said she wouldn't get another one, and 'droids do more. Yeah, if you can figure em out.... Instructions with it were about the worst I've ever seen, goes through a bunch of complicated stuf before even getting to the basics. Tells ya to do "y", tap on the "x" icon. Ok, where the fug is the x icon? The lady went back to sleep, so I think I'll fiddle with the phone again. Ain't as bad as Windows Vista was, at least. Or maybe it's too early to say that...
Once ya get the hang of it, they are not that bad. Pretty easy actually.

Old 09-21-2014, 06:53 AM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Having your own business can sure eat into your leisure time. Tried that for a couple years, good thing I didn't give up my day job. Dealing with people can get real frustrating for me. Wiped out a lot of evenings, too, decided enjoying life was better than extra money. If you have a business instead of punching someone else's time clock, wouldn't be so bad, especially if you're doing something you like. I liked what I was doing at first... but it wasn't long till it was just wurk.
yeah you sure got that right. We had a wedding video business for years, plus was putting in 16 hour days at Ford. The last year we did it we shot & edited 22 videos in one summer. Talk about burn out!!

Old 09-21-2014, 06:55 AM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Wind is roaring in the trees, like the sound, but there'll be dead cottonwood branches all over the place. Wish I could cut em all down, but they'd have to be nibbled down to keep from taking down powerlines, phone lines, cable lines, couple houses, and my shed. Too big for me to take on, too expensive to have someone else do it. One of these days, one of em will come down in a storm, then insurance will take care of it. Biggest one did several years ago, and branches just touched a few things without breaking anything, real lucky, sort of, hours with a chain saw....
Got even less sleep than normal last night. Gonna crawl back in bed and try and saw some of my own lumber.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:18 AM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Checkin in....

Daughter had a baby girl last night 2 am, 8 lbs 14 oz, dark hair blue eyes....

Old 09-21-2014, 07:32 AM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Outta here, stuff ta do.... laaater! Mebbe some pics later on......

Old 09-21-2014, 07:47 AM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by krwould
Checkin in....

Daughter had a baby girl last night 2 am, 8 lbs 14 oz, dark hair blue eyes....
Congrats Gandpa....again

Old 09-21-2014, 08:54 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Little girls are the best, felt like mine was, anyway. Had hoped she'd give me another little girl, but got the little monster instead.

I wouldn't buy the little electric powered beemer bike. Why would a motorcycle dealer even have one of those...