The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers' Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 01:35 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Frostbite
We put more hours on the bobcat in the summer than the winter - always someone wanting dirt moved, willing to pay to have my boy move it.
Last time that happened cost me more to fix my equipment, I don't lend anything anymore; not even the time of day

Old 09-11-2014, 01:46 PM
Frostbite
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,741 Likes on 1,668 Posts

Originally Posted by firefighter616
Last time that happened cost me more to fix my equipment, I don't lend anything anymore; not even the time of day
We don't lend out the machine, my boy is the only one allowed to drive it.

Old 09-11-2014, 02:17 PM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Originally Posted by scoteh
I sure did, Mark. She thought the auger wouldn't do me any good on the bottom of the lake.
Sounds like your treading on thin ice, tell her there maybe oil at the bottom of the lake.

Old 09-11-2014, 02:17 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,613 Likes on 2,868 Posts

drive by

Old 09-11-2014, 02:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rocket23
drive by
Don't shoot.

Old 09-11-2014, 02:53 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,629 Likes on 2,734 Posts

Bobcat would be nice to have, but then I'd need another shed to put it in.

Just passing by, been wrapping bare spots on the Ural wiring, re-routing cables (wus a real dummy that put that clutch cable where it was, rubbing everthink). Found a loose nut - and found it's on the end of a nut that's inside the engine case... Lotsa bent bolts, tink the Roosians use about a grade 3/4... Gotta take a pic of a rubber bushing/washer, ya gotta see how accurate the Roosians drill holes, it's a hoot. More I fix on this thing, less I wanna ride it... over 20mph, anyway... There's a Helix scooter with a California sidecar for sale in Wisconsin, thinking that'd be a better toy, more reliable, and probably about as fast, and way better gas mileage. And no 3/4 grade bolts... But that's why I bought an old cheap one, wanted to see what they were like. Ain't gonna be an expensive one, Commie made anyway.

Back to the inferior infernal antique...

Old 09-11-2014, 03:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Imold
Bobcat would be nice to have, but then I'd need another shed to put it in.

Just passing by, been wrapping bare spots on the Ural wiring, re-routing cables (wus a real dummy that put that clutch cable where it was, rubbing everthink). Found a loose nut - and found it's on the end of a nut that's inside the engine case... Lotsa bent bolts, tink the Roosians use about a grade 3/4... Gotta take a pic of a rubber bushing/washer, ya gotta see how accurate the Roosians drill holes, it's a hoot. More I fix on this thing, less I wanna ride it... over 20mph, anyway... There's a Helix scooter with a California sidecar for sale in Wisconsin, thinking that'd be a better toy, more reliable, and probably about as fast, and way better gas mileage. And no 3/4 grade bolts... But that's why I bought an old cheap one, wanted to see what they were like. Ain't gonna be an expensive one, Commie made anyway.

Back to the inferior infernal antique...
They certainly can't afford nuclear weapons if they spend all their money on good bolts and the third world countries that they sell the nukes to don't pay very well.

Old 09-11-2014, 04:17 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Frostbite
We put more hours on the bobcat in the summer than the winter - always someone wanting dirt moved, willing to pay to have my boy move it.
That's what I really want one for, the moving dirt part. Maybe I should hook some hydraulics and a bucket up on my MG and see how that works out.

Old 09-11-2014, 04:23 PM
scoteh
Club Member

Never did turn into a nice day here. 62* and cloudy almost all day. Bits of light precip thrown in once in a while. So, I decided to burn all the yard crap I picked up the other day. I had quite a bonfire going for a couple of hours. I'd feel like I got something accomplished if I didn't still have several other older piles still hanging around. I was just too lazy to move any of the older stuff.

Old 09-11-2014, 04:24 PM
scoteh
Club Member

Kinda quiet out of the entire Putzilvania crowd today.